Anakin Should Not Outperform Malak

Replies

• Gannon
    1626 posts Member
    Daishi wrote: »
    Is anyone wondering WHY people are not upset at grevious but are about ani? Both are older characters that can defeat the new meta.

The problem is level of investment.

Meta team:Revan, Malak, HK, BSF---- 8 zeta required to make the team work, 6 pieces of new gear that costs 2800 crystals each, Malak requires a significant amount of GET to get 7*. Add in the requirements needed to unlock revan and malak and the focus and farming that was required, or the spending of $$.

Grevious team: GG, T3, BB8, etc.--- requires 5+ Zetas to a previously unused team. Large gear investment to make what was a non viable team an arena meta counter. Grevious is a slow farm requiring fleet currency (at the expense of zetas) or shard currency (at the expense of other gear)

JKA team: Plug and play character, easily farmed, that fits in a previous meta team that required little to no additional investment.

This is why GG isnt being complained about but JKA is. Now if JKA wasnt effective on a Jedi Revan team and instead required a very specific galactic republic team that included several previously unused jedi, which required a large investment of Zetas and gear to make it work, you probably wouldn't see so many complaints.

TLDR: Its not that malak owners dont want to see counters. It's that we dont want to see easy and cheap counters that invalidate our investment in Malak.

FIX? Adjust the anakin rework so that it applies only to galactic republic, and under a galactic republic leader. Reduce bonus damage to 50%, but give an additional 50% of the character that falls below 50% is GK or Ashoka.

Ew, no. Your suggestion would make him worse than he was before the tweak to his kit.
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    Is anyone wondering WHY people are not upset at grevious but are about ani? Both are older characters that can defeat the new meta.

Meta team:Revan, Malak, HK, BSF---- 8 zeta required to make the team work, 6 pieces of new gear that costs 2800 crystals each, Malak requires a significant amount of GET to get 7*. Add in the requirements needed to unlock revan and malak and the focus and farming that was required, or the spending of $$.

Grevious team: GG, T3, BB8, etc.--- requires 5+ Zetas to a previously unused team. Large gear investment to make what was a non viable team an arena meta counter. Grevious is a slow farm requiring fleet currency (at the expense of zetas) or shard currency (at the expense of other gear)

JKA team: Plug and play character, easily farmed, that fits in a previous meta team that required little to no additional investment.

This is why GG isnt being complained about but JKA is. Now if JKA wasnt effective on a Jedi Revan team and instead required a very specific galactic republic team that included several previously unused jedi, which required a large investment of Zetas and gear to make it work, you probably wouldn't see so many complaints.

TLDR: Its not that malak owners dont want to see counters. It's that we dont want to see easy and cheap counters that invalidate our investment in Malak.

FIX? Adjust the anakin rework so that it applies only to galactic republic, and under a galactic republic leader. Reduce bonus damage to 50%, but give an additional 50% of the character that falls below 50% is GK or Ashoka.

Absolutely agree with your assessment about why people are upset. Very well put.

Disagree with doing anything to anakin unless they would have regardless of how he does against malak. I would rather they just adjust malak. They made several mistakes with sith empire from the delay to the final kits and that is what I think they should correct.
  • Anakin doesn’t outperform Malak. Jedi Revan does, just to be clear
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Javin37 wrote: »

Absolutely agree with your assessment about why people are upset. Very well put.

Disagree with doing anything to anakin unless they would have regardless of how he does against malak. I would rather they just adjust malak. They made several mistakes with sith empire from the delay to the final kits and that is what I think they should correct.

Another fix would be to give malak a static defense bonus to the whole team that is unaffected by ferocity. Something like, "If Malak is active and Darth revan is the leader all allies have a minimum defense of 20%, cannot be reduced by ferocity."
  • Daishi wrote: »

Another fix would be to give malak a static defense bonus to the whole team that is unaffected by ferocity. Something like, "If Malak is active and Darth revan is the leader all allies have a minimum defense of 20%, cannot be reduced by ferocity."

This kind of defeats the entire idea of ferocity. The whole concept is sacrificing defense for offense. There shouldn’t be anything that undoes this. I already hate the defense bonus from Bastila that nullifies it some.

A weakness was specifically built into this squad and now it’s a problem that someone is exploiting it??
  • If your Malak is losing to JKA on offense, no amount of money is going to help you lol. Malak crushes Jedi Revan with JKA when used offensively, and JKA can’t always beat Malak teams. That’s what your gambling addiction bought you. An advantage. Money shouldn’t buy pure, unquestionable dominance. How the hell is that healthy for a video game, or even fun?!

Teams shouldn’t be unbeatable when a less than intelligent AI is controlling them. Blatantly overpowering characters to where no amount of strategy can overcome them is raw incompetency by the development team. At the end of the day, skill should best a wallet in a strategy game.

“Skill should best a wallet in a strategy game”

Yesss x100. This principle is the reason I’ve been playing this game everyday for 3.5 yrs
  • Zinke7
    194 posts Member

So basically they should keep all benefits of ferocity and not suffer any negative consequences. They truly would be unbeatable then and we would have new meta that would last until game ends.

• Gannon
    1626 posts Member
    Has anyone tested out a bunch of other random toons to see if they can also "outperform" Malak? Not even just in arena, but in general?
    Like bossk, nest, Lando, Garr, kru, etc? Just curious
  • TLDR: Its not that malak owners dont want to see counters. It's that we dont want to see easy and cheap counters that invalidate our investment in Malak.

Jedi Revan is not an easy and cheap counter to Malak. Jedi Revan was an expensive, exclusive toon that required either a lot of money or a lot of work and has only recently become FtP. Anakin has zero chance against Darth Revan/Malak squads unless and until he's under a Jedi Revan lead and gaining bonuses from other toons that were part of the exclusive JKR meta + Hermit Yoda who is himself a toon that took quite a bit of effort to get.

Jedi Revan was the most recent meta, before Darth Revan & Malak came along.

What has happened here is that Darth Revan/Malak squads almost but not quite entirely replaced the Jedi Revan meta. Rather, Darth Revan auto-wins against Jedi Revan, making JKR useless on defense. However, if you sacrifice defense for offense on JKR squads, Jedi Revan squads can sometimes use Anakin's offense to pull off the victory when attacking.

No one would have sacrificed defense for offense back in the days when JKR held well on defense. But since JKR is thrashed on defense anyway, why not?

Curiously ... sacrificing defense for offense is exactly what the entire Darth Revan squad concept is supposed to be. And it does it better than JKR + JKA. It just doesn't do it so perfectly that it is literally unbeatable.

So... Darth Revan changed the meta. It made it so only Darth Revan had a hope of holding on defense in the upper Arena ranks. But it also encouraged those persons without Darth Revan (or who simply prefer the Light Side characters b/c we like to see heroism rewarded more than evil) to copy the DR philosophy as closely as they were able.

Darth Revan dominates the meta. Even the only JKR squad that can sometimes beat DR squads is a mere flattering imitation of DR's team and requires having mastered the previous meta. But those who have their Malak are now crying because in a **game** results are not **guaranteed**.

Sure, when my youngest was 8 years old she liked a game of monopoly where she would be guaranteed to win and she got mad every time she paid rent to someone instead of recognizing that ups and downs were part of the game. But she was 8.

What if, and hear me out, this is crazy I know, but what if in a game we could make it so sometimes you win and sometimes you lose?
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    He doesn't "outperform" him. He can simply help a JKR team (the 6 month meta champion) beat malak on OFFENSE ONLY! So chill out on calling for nerfs cause you feel butt hurt...
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member

What if, and hear me out, this is crazy I know, but what if in a game we could make it so sometimes you win and sometimes you lose?

Already can. Grevious HK droids.

• Ninjah9
    906 posts Member

Then why so butt hurt about Anakin...
  • Gannon
    1626 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    What has happened here is that Darth Revan/Malak squads almost but not quite entirely replaced the Jedi Revan meta. Rather, Darth Revan auto-wins against Jedi Revan, making JKR useless on defense. However, if you sacrifice defense for offense on JKR squads, Jedi Revan squads can sometimes use Anakin's offense to pull off the victory when attacking.

You don't even really need to change your jkr squad. I kill Darth Revan teams on offense, but I understand they'll beat me on offense also. I haven't changed my mods or anything, just figured out the best kill order. Anakin adds a lil more surety in beating DR, but doesn't change anything as far as defense. I won't be adding him to my line in arena, cuz then I'll be an easy target for other jkr users. It's fine as it is now, imo.
  • RR_Felipe
    14 posts Member
    edited April 2019

GG beats DR easier than JKA, and overall, it is an easier team to gear than JKR and with less zetas to work it. And you can make it work with undergeared toons.
    If you don't like the JKA counter why would not care about GG?
  • evoluza wrote: »
    If your Malak is losing to JKA on offense, no amount of money is going to help you lol. Malak crushes Jedi Revan with JKA when used offensively, and JKA can’t always beat Malak teams. That’s what your gambling addiction bought you. An advantage. Money shouldn’t buy pure, unquestionable dominance. How the hell is that healthy for a video game, or even fun?!

Teams shouldn’t be unbeatable when a less than intelligent AI is controlling them. Blatantly overpowering characters to where no amount of strategy can overcome them is raw incompetency by the development team. At the end of the day, skill should best a wallet in a strategy game.

Yea yeah yeah. That pure skill. Sure pressing these attack buttons requires huge skill lvls...

More than typing credit card info in :)

Awesome
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    Ninjah9 wrote: »

lol...not even a little bit. I quite enjoy when people get their hopes up.

Still remember a guy in my old guild doing an endzone dance when he found nute and 2 jawas made his usual 300k haat total more respectable...gloating insufferably to those that actually worked on their teams while he continued with his pokemon approach.

He used the term "butt hurt" too. Good times.

grevious takes some work..not as much as what malak took...but clearly more than the lazy participation trophy types want to put in.

• JVU420
    429 posts Member
    The more I test Anakin the more I realize or believe he's wai. He's hitting hard because DR teams are giving up their defense for offense leaving them open for DPS. GG is one shotting DR also. Hope they leave Anakin the way he is.
  • Javin37 wrote: »

Still remember a guy in my old guild doing an endzone dance when he found nute and 2 jawas made his usual 300k haat total more respectable...gloating insufferably to those that actually worked on their teams while he continued with his pokemon approach.

grevious takes some work..not as much as what malak took...but clearly more than the lazy participation trophy types want to put in.

By work you meaning opening their wallet lol , please dude smh
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    JVU420 wrote: »
    The more I test Anakin the more I realize or believe he's wai. He's hitting hard because DR teams are giving up their defense for offense leaving them open for DPS. GG is one shotting DR also. Hope they leave Anakin the way he is.

Totally agree! This is totally happening because of a purposefully designed weakness to the sith empire team
  • It's not JKA that's broken, it's the jedi tag. Look at the JKR meta, it was only so good because you could plug and play Hermit, GK, GMT, ezra, and now JKA, into it. Who everyone had geared and zetaed.

If they had made his lead Old Republic specific they could rework any old jedi, some who seriously need it, with out breaking the game. At this point any jedi rework could be overpowered. The same is true for sith, the can't give Douku a good rework incase he plugs into the DR team.

There are 30 jedi currently in the game, before Bastilla 1st came out you never saw them in arena, bar GK plugged into other teams.

People used to moan about "galaxy of rebles" but its been sith/jedi/sith/jedi/sith meta for over a year now.
  • komji15
    534 posts Member
    CG? If you really want to nert Anakin who is the most dominent presence on the entire star wars world, then plz launch Anakin Skywalker (Fallen).
    Much overpowered than Malak.
  • komji15 wrote: »
    CG? If you really want to nert Anakin who is the most dominent presence on the entire star wars world, then plz launch Anakin Skywalker (Fallen).

Most dominant presence? You watched like 2 movies and came to this conclusion?
    I agree he has a good story and looks great, but to be fair, he didnt really matter at all.

Palpatine created the empire, not Vader. He was always an apprentice, not a Dark Lord.
    Even if he helped defeating Palpatine, nothing really changed, in ep7 its still the Empire ruling, albeit rebranded as First Order.
    He didnt actually have any influence on star wars world.

Revan, on the other hand... In the game you can clearly see how his choices actually determined the faith of the galaxy.

You can still like DV, but objectively, he wasnt important.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

i'm completely f2p and i've got a 7* g12 malak, sup?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • komji15 wrote: »

Most dominant presence? You watched like 2 movies and came to this conclusion?
    I agree he has a good story and looks great, but to be fair, he didnt really matter at all.

Palpatine created the empire, not Vader. He was always an apprentice, not a Dark Lord.
    Even if he helped defeating Palpatine, nothing really changed, in ep7 its still the Empire ruling, albeit rebranded as First Order.
    He didnt actually have any influence on star wars world.

Revan, on the other hand... In the game you can clearly see how his choices actually determined the faith of the galaxy.

You can still like DV, but objectively, he wasnt important.

The entire 6 film arc of the prequel/OT is about Anakin Skywalker’s rise, fall, and redepemption. Without Anakin, Star Wars simply doesn’t exist
  • Javin37 wrote: »

LOL

no..I mean saving gear and zetas and using them on grevious.

automatically thinking everyone with a difficult team opens their wallet is the prime indicator of a lazy participation trophy type.