AB: "Ground War" Battle Separtists - Moan or Gloat thread

2Next

Replies

• Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    I beat the first tier with Ewoks. I Revan'd the rest.
    It is fun to watch the little fuzzy-wuzzies whack those battle droids, isn't it. :D
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    This is the only assault battle I don't really enjoy playing, because the shieldbots make it drag out way longer than it needs to. It's the only one where I just set my Revan team and let them autolawl their way through it.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Ewoks are OP! My personal challenge is to beat as many special events as I can with my ewoks. Mine are too weak to complete T3 of this event, but with a little more gear I would expect they could clear the whole thing.
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    This is the only mythic level battle that I can auto. Revan makes it such a breeze.
  • It's baaaaaack… lol
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    wbtnza2ct38l.png

Lost GK in last battle.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Using the reworked trio with zGMY lead and hyoda was fun. On the lower levels, it was just waiting for Ani's AOE to recharge to wipe the entire stage. Then triple 44k crits from Ahsoka on Dooku - pure gold.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Kinda sucks that the JKR event was moved to the 27th (it was originally the 20th, right?) since I was hoping I'd finally have a team capable of finishing the mythic tier once I got him. My Ewoks are good but I can't seem to get through the final tier with them and my Jedi are ok, but I didn't have a usable jedi squad other than the Revan team.

Right now, the only decent jedi I have are GMY/Bastilla/Jolee/GK and a G9 Old Ben. I'm certain that won't cut it without the big man himself. I never did zeta Bastilla's lead since I only decided to work on jedi once I started working towards JKR.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Personally I am glad Revan got moved. I needed those extra days to finish my farms after node refresh got lowered from 8 attempts to 5.

And the next time the Ground War assault battle comes around, I will squish it like a swarm of bugs! :D
  • I’ve never been able to do the Mytic version. I’m hoping that with New Nasty Anakin and Asohka I’ll finally get it done.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Doneeta
    157 posts Member
    The mythic tier is ridiculously hard and for the effort required to get just 2 zetas on the first go and 2 omegas, its not really worth it. So, will wait until I get Revan to auto it next time! To be honest, I don't understand why a g12 bastilla led team is not able to clear it on auto already!
  • Doneeta wrote: »
    The mythic tier is ridiculously hard and for the effort required to get just 2 zetas on the first go and 2 omegas, its not really worth it. So, will wait until I get Revan to auto it next time! To be honest, I don't understand why a g12 bastilla led team is not able to clear it on auto already!

I did it with zBastila lead, GK, Old Ben, zGMY, zHyoda on full auto just a couple of minutes ago. All at g12 with no g12.5 pieces and pretty much average mods. Old Ben died in p4 and GMY died on p8, but the other 3 made it through eventually. It's definitely very doable on auto, I was manualling it the last few times because I didn't think it could work on auto with my team but then decided to try it out today and it worked! And if you have good 6 dot mods on them, all zetas, and g12.5/g12+ pieces it should be a walk in the park.
  • I tried the mythic with Ewoks this morning, or should I say mourning. They are not ready, the first died in phase 4 to death mark, the rest followed a round later. I threw JKR arena team in, hit auto and went and brushed my teeth and collected the omegas after.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • My JKR has been autoing the event for a while, but it takes like, 10 minutes for it to finish.
    One thing I noticed is that when the shield droids give Dooku or whoever Overcharge, their max health gets reduced when they're hit with a basic under Revan lead.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Drageero wrote: »
    My JKR has been autoing the event for a while, but it takes like, 10 minutes for it to finish.
    One thing I noticed is that when the shield droids give Dooku or whoever Overcharge, their max health gets reduced when they're hit with a basic under Revan lead.

That's part of Revans leader ability (section 2, subsection 2) - "Whenever a Jedi ally uses a basic ability against an enemy with bonus protection, reduce the enemy's health by 10% (stacking)." Fun to mark Dooku and do a couple of mass attacks against him when he's got overcharge (GK, Hyoda, Revan swarm), he'll end up with 2 comically large green bars.
  • Beat it today. Except lost OB instead of GK lol
  • kalidor wrote: »
    My JKR has been autoing the event for a while, but it takes like, 10 minutes for it to finish.

That's part of Revans leader ability (section 2, subsection 2) - "Whenever a Jedi ally uses a basic ability against an enemy with bonus protection, reduce the enemy's health by 10% (stacking)." Fun to mark Dooku and do a couple of mass attacks against him when he's got overcharge (GK, Hyoda, Revan swarm), he'll end up with 2 comically large green bars.

Yeah, I know. I was just pointing out that Overcharge counts as bonus protection, so it's a lot easier with JKR.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Doneeta wrote: »

I would think you could at least do it on manual with that team. The event buff (moment of glory or something) means you can use GMYoda to keep your team permanently megabuffed, which combined with the extra 35% damage or whatever from Bastila's lead means your whole team is hitting like a freight train. Even if they lose the big extra chunk of protection they get at the start, you can use Yoda to steal an Overcharge and then spread it to give them bonus protection and keep that damage bonus going.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    kalidor wrote: »

Yeah, I know. I was just pointing out that Overcharge counts as bonus protection, so it's a lot easier with JKR.

Lot easier with Ahsoka stripping off the overcharge too :)
  • piece of cake with the 'Woks and their death by a thousand cuts style
  • Juzz
    366 posts Member
    I beat the first tier with Ewoks. I Revan'd the rest.

Got to 4/8 no loses on team with ewoks on mythic. Grievous then blowed up my g11 furballs
    Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain
  • Darth_DeVito
    1231 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I finally managed to beat Mythic again with a Bastila team. The important thing, other than spreading the event buff with GMY a lot, is to immediately go for Grievous on stage 4 rather than the shield-generating droid. I always tried to destroy the shield generator instead of simply dispelling Overcharge and going to town on GG. He still kills Old Ben before I can put him down, but the rest is doable without a tank.
  • I know I’m late to the party, but I normally save the shield droids for last. I let it give everyone protection up, then let gmy steal it and spread it to my jedis. Let bastila or ezra dispel it from the other team. I’m still running bastila lead since I don’t have jkr, but typically still have the bonus protection from her lead in the last round.
  • I take out Ventress first, so no cleanse of my teams buffs.
  • Tattz
    192 posts Member
    I do all 4 tiers with murder bears as I refuse to gear any OR toons lol
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Tattz wrote: »
    My HERO!!! :D

How buff are your Murder Bears? I need to power them up a bit more for 7* 3PO anyway and the idea of ankle-biting Grievous and Dooku to death has a certain appeal. >:)
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    Step 1: Aquire Jedi Knight Revan
    Step 2: Hit Auto
    Step 3: :sunglasses:

If only.... I cannot even get RJT yet.
  • Tattz
    192 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

How buff are your Murder Bears? I need to power them up a bit more for 7* 3PO anyway and the idea of ankle-biting Grievous and Dooku to death has a certain appeal. >:)

f6yusvcorwwa.png

This buff 😂

• Sev
    15 posts Member
    I honestly just auto the whole thing until Grievous stage. Do that manual. Then auto the rest. Cake even without Revan.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

f6yusvcorwwa.png

This buff 😂
    Holy moley! A veritable army of short, fuzzy Chuck Norrises!!! :D