The Rise of Skywalker

Replies

• Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    The last Jedi wasn’t all that bad for me, so I’m super pumped to see this.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Tbirds01 wrote: »

I agree, it isn't that bad, once you get through the first 1H 45M of it.
  • Darth wrote: »
    Honestly after Rian Johnson’s massive failure in The Last Jedi, the massive failure in the Han Solo movie NOBODY wanted, the 2 massive terrible money greedy Star Wars Battlefront games, who in the hell is looking forward to Episode 9?!?!???? EA and Disney completely killed all Star Wars hype for me and I could care less at this point

I actually wanted a film like Han Solo, and I wanted to see it in the theater, but I wasn't going to fall for their hype again so I didn't go. Watched it on Netflix instead. I liked the film well enough even if it didn't fit my preconceived notion of who Han was; it was loads better than what we've been getting in the PT.
    Boo wrote: »
    In truth - the fans actually like Kylo's helmet. He looks cool. This was another thing that fans were upset about in TLJ and this is one thing for sure that has been retconned in E9.

I liked Kylo's helmet. Sure, it's a bit silly, it was an obvious Vader-nostalgia prop, but it looked good and was a fine addition to Star Wars, galaxy of outrageous helmets. Kylo smashing it in TLJ actually felt out of character to me. The man with the cracked head wearing gold Gucci robes tells Kylo he looks silly wearing the mask. News flash, Star Wars is built on silly costumes, let's not get caught up in who looks silly.
    image_de6fe408.jpeg

I agree with Snoke on Crylos helmet. And with his anger/smashy attitude, it’s very in character to destroy it.

z23eh1wg9a1h.jpeg
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    I feel a lot of Episode 9 will be trying to repair the damage done in episode 8 unfortunately. But i'm still very excited to see it. And I like that Kylo is rocking the helmet again. There will probably be a reason he repairs it.

The reason he repairs his helmet is because of E8, lol
  • Boo wrote: »
    This trailer is funny.

First off the name - The Rise of Skywalker. We just had the last jedi ram it down our throats that we should let the past die and that this franchise is moving away from the Skywalker family. TLJ destroyed Luke's character and killed him off, yet here we go with the announced title. Seems like a big back track to me.

Furthermore, in all TLJ spirits to destroy Kylo's helmet and see his character "grow" I guess he regrets his temper tantrum and is repairing his broken helmet - so much for letting the past die, lol.

The title could mean any number of things. Like Jesus rising 3 days after crucifixion, could Luke be rising from the grave? I mean we already had Mary/Smi and Jesus/Anakin before.

Initially this installment was going to see Leia rise to power - but with Carrie's death and limited raw footage to use for E9, I doubt the title pertains to her. One thing is for sure, Kennedy was absolutely wrong that they were not going to use any raw footage, and said JJ was confused about doing so.

It could mean Kylo's rise, but although he has Skywalker blood, he is a solo. Perhaps Rey is a Skywalker after all or there is another character we have yet to see that is another Skywalker.

Another thing I noticed was the first failure for Rey. It seems that rather than building a new lightsaber, she fused the broken lightsaber back together. It appears Rey is unable to build her own lightsaber - something that Younglings in the prequel era were able to do.

Also could Rey's power be explained - she has the knowledge of a thousand Jedi generations within her. What does this mean???

As for no one being truly gone, this could reference Luke's return, physical or spirit form - but what about Palpatine's laugh at the end?

If Palpatine is brought back, this would just undermine everything - his character, death, prophecy of Anakin and even Snoke.

Unfortunately this trailer did little to raise any excitement for me to see this movie. TLJ really did a number on me and probably many fans. I do not know how they are going to make this movie good without completely retconning everything in TLJ or destroying integrity of TLJ (if it has any).

I guess time will tell.

I agree with ya 💯% on the last Jedi ramming forget the past kill the past . Then Skywalker rises. Idk what this movie is going be . But that comment is ironic .
  • Worth it to see sw9 if only for Bb8 and D-O

5zvgaoplfx9n.png
  • Idea for part of the teaser.

Rey, seemingly upset. She has been made to wait in the hot sun. Kylo, speeding to meet her, tense and gripping the controls worried she has gotten tired of waiting and went home. Rey hears him coming turns away as if to appear she is not upset. Leaping into the air because his ride has a bad starter and it will stall if he stops. Just for good measure she has her saber ignited in case the hatch sticks again.

It's their first official date.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I like this extra trailer footage:
    https://youtu.be/fwsizvp4Yak
    :D
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    The theories are back baby!! They disappeared after TLJ...

Best one I’ve seen so far, and it was legitimately the first one I saw online: Palpatine never existed!
  • Tbirds01 wrote: »

I agree. Also it just wouldn't be right not to go.
  • Nihion wrote: »

Best one I’ve seen so far, and it was legitimately the first one I saw online: Palpatine never existed!

????How does that work????
  • Worth it to see sw9 if only for Bb8 and D-O

5zvgaoplfx9n.png

Just what we need, a smaller, more annoying repair droid with a superiority complex...

Um...what?
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »

Um...what?

That’s exactly what I was thinking!
    Nihion wrote: »

Um...what?

That’s exactly what I was thinking!

But we saw palpatine in like 5 movies...
  • And he was the Supreme Chancellor to the republic. Like did the whole republic just imagine it?
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Let’s just say that it was a pretty funny theory
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    I did see one about Plagueis “infecting” Sidious and Snoke with his life force, but it seemed improbable.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I have been watching reaction videos on youtube. It has been fun seeing them, and I really see the importance of Rey as a character. I thought I had a good grasp before this teaser hit, but having a 10yr old girl in the house, I look at things through her eyes alot. Say what you will, love it, or not. Star Wars is why we are here, and for better or worse, I liked the teaser. I think JJ/Terrio have it dialed in. I must admit, I'm excited. As far asi am concerned TLJ is something that happened, and meh.. bring on TROS!

Side note, every, and I mean every, time Leias theme plays, kleenex stock climbs. I'm not the only one lol the reactions videos prove it :)
  • LordDirt
    4916 posts Member
    Right from the start of the teaser it seemed that Rey and Kylo Ren were working together and she was jumping on top of the ship. She was not in an attack stance and he was not firing at her. Something is amiss in that scene.

Klyo Rens helmet is being repaired by someone else. Hope it is one of his Knights of Ren comrades. I dont mind him getting his helmet back as it puts him back on the path to follow Darth Vader and Palpatine. Hope he goes to Mustafar and a Death Star to commune with both. Sith artifacts can keep the Sith Spirit inside.

I can see new Force users who use all of the Force be called Skywalkers and that is the school Rey creates as you can see she harnesses both sides of the Force.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
    Let’s just say that it was a pretty funny theory

Link? I could use a good laugh.

As for the theory about Plagues "infecting" Sids, then Snoke, I seen't that one. With the SW galaxy being a big place, it wouldn't surprise me if a species' soul was parasitic in nature.
  • Still enjoying the reaction videos. I have seen guys that look like they could punch out a truck wipe their eyes when Leia and Rey Hug, or her music plays. The kids in all of us come out, and we remember what Star Wars means to us.
  • Still enjoying the reaction videos. I have seen guys that look like they could punch out a truck wipe their eyes when Leia and Rey Hug, or her music plays. The kids in all of us come out, and we remember what Star Wars means to us.

You like watching people cry?
  • chron
    89 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    My questions:

1. Why is Rey breathing so heavy at the starting?

3. The comics show that he learns Essence Transfer and can survive by transferring himself into clones. Maybe there's that, maybe it's something else. It could be a great many things.

1. Ever notice that each of this trilogy's trailers start with heavy breathing? I guess they're trying out for Kraftwerk.

3. My Snoke Theory is coming true... I mean, more than likely not, but I can dream.

Post edited by chron on
  • chron
    89 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Worth it to see sw9 if only for Bb8 and D-O

5zvgaoplfx9n.png

I'm gonna need more Droids named R30-5P33DW4G0N, 1GG-3P0P, D00-B, and 4C-DC. Let's have a whole Jo Jo thing going with that.

Also, where's the Beastie Boy reference in this one? Can't go without that or lens flare in an Abrams movie.
  • chron
    89 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Still enjoying the reaction videos. I have seen guys that look like they could punch out a truck wipe their eyes when Leia and Rey Hug, or her music plays. The kids in all of us come out, and we remember what Star Wars means to us.

You like watching people cry?

We all have our vices. I like watching videos of animals eating other animals. Not chasing. EATING.

Hakuna matata.
  • chron
    89 posts Member
    kalidor wrote: »

Black Panther has no excuse having horrible CGI after seeing this.
  • Chucko_marek
    3817 posts Member
    chron wrote: »

At least the black panther was good.
  • chron
    89 posts Member
    chron wrote: »

At least the black panther was good.

It was nice, I'll give it that.