Why is it so impossible to find good speed mods?

2Next

Replies

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    VonZant wrote: »
    @VonZant all things being equal. I meant ultimate quality, not starting quality. So yes the event gives you 5 dot at specific colors. But a blue 5 dot has the same chance to have a speed secondary no matter how you got it, and the same chance to roll a given stat no matter how you got it.

Also they're health mods so automatically meh. ;)

With that said they're nice rewards. I just haven't had much luck with it.

Yeah agreed. I was just suprised to learn they were different quality. It also sucks to learn that it appears there is just a 33% chance for each mod to roll as a 5 dot in challenges. I sure didnt know that before.

I don't think that's right. I've tracked exactly zero data on this front, but I do 3x refresh daily and I feel like I get more 5 dot than 4 dot, fairly consistently.

Not to mention when mods really were brutal - when the mod drop rate was not 100%.

Now prove it! ;)
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    My feelings require no proof!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • VonZant wrote: »
    VonZant wrote: »
    @VonZant all things being equal. I meant ultimate quality, not starting quality. So yes the event gives you 5 dot at specific colors. But a blue 5 dot has the same chance to have a speed secondary no matter how you got it, and the same chance to roll a given stat no matter how you got it.

Also they're health mods so automatically meh. ;)

With that said they're nice rewards. I just haven't had much luck with it.

Yeah agreed. I was just suprised to learn they were different quality. It also sucks to learn that it appears there is just a 33% chance for each mod to roll as a 5 dot in challenges. I sure didnt know that before.

I don't think that's right. I've tracked exactly zero data on this front, but I do 3x refresh daily and I feel like I get more 5 dot than 4 dot, fairly consistently.

Not to mention when mods really were brutal - when the mod drop rate was not 100%.

Now prove it! ;)

I absolutely get more 5 dots than anything else, but they are grey and usually circles, diamonds, then rectangles.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Someone once tracked mod drops with community input and the left side mods were way more common.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Maybe its just lucky rolls but out of 12 mods from the Smuggler Event today, I got 5 showing speed secondaries and a speed arrow. I havent rolled up the blues and purples yet so may be more. That the 3rd or 4th time in a row its been similar results.

Edit: 2 more rolled speed. So 7 secondaries + 1 speed arrow out of 12 mods. Curious if other people see similar results.
  • Rake6
    442 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I get speed secondaries very, very rarely and when I upgrade and slice them, speed never goes up. Also the speed secondaries I get are mostly +3.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Rake6 wrote: »
    I get speed secondaries very, very rarely and when I upgrade and slice them, speed never goes up. Also the speed secondaries I get are mostly +3.

Try the smuggler event today and let us know what you get. ;)
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    A mess of 5 dot mods at various colors that have the same chance to roll speed as any other source :p
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Someone once tracked mod drops with community input and the left side mods were way more common.

There was definitely a period after I started playing again when I would keep literally any triangle mod because I just couldn't get enough triangles.

I've mostly gotten past it, though I'm still using a handful of CD triangles with no speed because getting a mod with both a CD primary and speed secondary seems to be basically Holy Grail status.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    A mess of 5 dot mods at various colors that have the same chance to roll speed as any other source :p

And yet you still show no proof! They are god mods I tell you! God mods! ;)

Anyway when I started I used to spend all weekend cantina energy on Mods and refreshed as much as I could. Ive gotten away from that but am going to start again.
  • Rake6
    442 posts Member
    I finished smuggler run and didn't get any +speed mods
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member

That blows. Sorry. Did you do the top tier?
  • I have a single set (5 characters) of good mods that mostly came from the mod shop and enough 8-15 speed mods to finish the rest of my 2m gp roster that i gained mostly from upgrading literally every mod after the rework, my good set being 18-21 speed. I would say your best bet is to always keep an eye on the shop and always make sure you're spending the mod energy and they'll eventually come.
  • I just rolled this one to 5x, started out as green
    9m7cwb43x3qd.png

Just have to be patient apparently.
  • I just rolled this one to 5x, started out as green
    9m7cwb43x3qd.png

I wanna go home and rethink my life... :lol:
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • KyJoe_Cool wrote: »
    I just rolled this one to 5x, started out as green
    9m7cwb43x3qd.png

I wanna go home and rethink my life... :lol:
    Wont help here. Better off sacrificing chickens to the RNG gods. Worst case you have tasty roast chicken for dinner! :D
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

Same. I mean, a couple did start with speed, and one rolled once, but I don't really need any +10 at this point.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member

Same. I mean, a couple did start with speed, and one rolled once, but I don't really need any +10 at this point.
    More fodder for the RNG-beast. Feed him enough mods and one day he's sure to lay a little golden god mod. :D
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    I just rolled this one to 5x, started out as green

I've def had some grays and greens that ended up with great speed scores from slicing, but it sure is a relief when you get a gold from an event that just gets there all on its own by leveling. Farming enough mats to slice one mod from gray to gold probably only takes a few days, but it feels like about 17 years.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png