What do the movies mean for the game?...

Holy Snokes!... Did you guys know Kylo and Rey are siblings?!!... That's right, I mean we ALL knew there was more to the story there, JJ! But deep down you all also know this is where we've been headed since Kylo tried trolling Rey about her 'nobody' parents AND since, well they've also paralleled almost every other little fan favorite storyline from prior films (it's part of taking what works, and tweaking it, making it their own that seems to be the new Star Wars model).... AND of course there is Kylo and Rey's incredibly manifested force bond (the likes of only Luke and Leia). Of course Snoke didn't create that bond! Like he somehow accessed this random Jedi's mind he doesn't know across the galaxy undetected? and controlled her physical reality through it? Yeah, either Snoke's the most powerful user of the force, ever....OR... Snoke merely sensed this 'disturbance' as is so common in proximital force mind reading and did the sith thing: deceive and portrait omnipotence.

Now this was all well and good teaser substance, but there was nothing to draw a definitive line to lineage wise, that was until the episode IX trailer dropped...

Q: Why would they shoot an incredibly deep emotional scene between Carrie and Daisy (circa Force Awakens) in which they are embracing and Rey is crying just to sit on it for years???

A: Well, clearly this scene offers something that is integral in someway to the story arc, but we(and the characters) were not meant to witness it yet when the first two films came out. Something important enough they knew they needed a healthy Carrie for, even if it wasn't going to be used for years...hmm but what maybe???

...PERHAPS THE RISE OF SKYWALKER?!!!

Now before you jump on me for more direct proof, you must understand Theory 101: Think loosely. I'm not going to sit here and try and put the whole jigsaw together... I can merely make out the image!

All I will say is: this would not be the first time Star Wars has put family right next to each other for whole movies before revealing their connection! It would in a way, be the most ULTIMATE Star Wars thing they could do...

Think about it: They have been so incredibly (and notoriously) tight lipped about everything, that THAT in itself can reveal little nuggets. I'm telling you: we already know this movie will reveal Rey's lineage, and that (no hologram) Carrie scene ISN'T NOTHING... Take that and the title of the freaking movie and TELL ME Rey's not a Skywalker! Lol

...we can all fill in the blanks later!;)

And what does this all possibly mean for SWGOH toons?!!! Thoughts?...

Replies

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited April 2019

Q: Why would they shoot an incredibly deep emotional scene between Carrie and Daisy (circa Force Awakens) in which they are embracing and Rey is crying just to sit on it for years???

I assumed the Porg died...... I would cry too

Porg Ghost kit

basic : stuns enemy with awe for one turn

Special cooldown 3 : Porg Howl. Causes opponent to flee battlefield in fear. If battle was arena, GA, toon cannot return to the field. If retreating toon was in a Raid, TW, or TB toon can be used again until killed
  • Now before you jump on me for more direct proof

Proof?
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Just because Rey and Leia are hugging, or even because they have a close bond, it doesn’t mean that they are related. Some parents are not biological.

What I think this universe should explore more is not biological ties, but emotional ties. Now, one of the appeals of the OT is that Luke admired his biological father that he never knew; so when he learns that it’s this evil that he’s been chasing, he has a lot to deal with emotionally, and it shaped him as a character.

Rey doesn’t seem to admire her mystery parents. She wants to know who they are, yes, but she’s never revealed any hint of being fond of them. This is what the Last Jedi did right: Rey was told that her biological parents were losers. And that would be great if true! That pushes her past them (if there was actual evidence that they were losers), and leads her to discover that her real parenting was achieved through Han and Leia; not her biological parents, but her emotional/spiritual parents. And that’s a real cool bond and theme that Rian is giving J.J. a chance to explore. You don’t have to be related to anyone significant to be great too.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    We know what, now?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • The whole arc of the story could be anything now. Actually the fan theories have been more interesting to me. I am not against any that you have written here . Not challenging any of it . Hopefully something good for all the fans comes out of this next movie . With some good twist so more then 50% will like it.
  • Dk_rek wrote: »

I assumed the Porg died...... I would cry too

Porg Ghost kit

basic : stuns enemy with awe for one turn

Special cooldown 3 : Porg Howl. Causes opponent to flee battlefield in fear. If battle was arena, GA, toon cannot return to the field. If retreating toon was in a Raid, TW, or TB toon can be used again until killed

Is there some synergy where the dead prog powers Vet Smuggler Chewie? Chewie can walk over and roast a porg and eat it and gain infinite health.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Nihion wrote: »
    Just because Rey and Leia are hugging, or even because they have a close bond, it doesn’t mean that they are related. Some parents are not biological.

What I think this universe should explore more is not biological ties, but emotional ties. Now, one of the appeals of the OT is that Luke admired his biological father that he never knew; so when he learns that it’s this evil that he’s been chasing, he has a lot to deal with emotionally, and it shaped him as a character.

Rey doesn’t seem to admire her mystery parents. She wants to know who they are, yes, but she’s never revealed any hint of being fond of them. This is what the Last Jedi did right: Rey was told that her biological parents were losers. And that would be great if true! That pushes her past them (if there was actual evidence that they were losers), and leads her to discover that her real parenting was achieved through Han and Leia; not her biological parents, but her emotional/spiritual parents. And that’s a real cool bond and theme that Rian is giving J.J. a chance to explore. You don’t have to be related to anyone significant to be great too.

Rey is having barely any time with Han and Leia so it makes more sense if they would be her biological parents than her spiritual/ emotional in any means while i don't think she's related in any way. I can't believe Leia never knew about her if she's her biological daughter, there's a big plot hole why Rey's living as a scavenger if that would be true. J2 won't make the 'We're hiding one of the siblings on a planet far away to bring it in to save the galaxy when needed!' move again like Big G before him.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Kisakee wrote: »

Rey is having barely any time with Han and Leia so it makes more sense if they would be her biological parents than her spiritual/ emotional in any means while i don't think she's related in any way. I can't believe Leia never knew about her if she's her biological daughter, there's a big plot hole why Rey's living as a scavenger if that would be true. J2 won't make the 'We're hiding one of the siblings on a planet far away to bring it in to save the galaxy when needed!' move again like Big G before him.

Yeah I don’t think she’s biological. But I’d just like to point out that no matter how much time she spends with Han and Leia, the movies highlight that they are the only parental figures in her life. There’s nobody else closer to being her parents than they are, except for the fact that Han is dead. But she seems pretty close to Leia.
  • Simple answer could be, Han and Leia have a son. He grows up and leaves home. Leia and Han drift apart. Han has an affair with a woman, they end it. She has a child, owes money leaves child to pay debt with the intent to return when she can pay her debt. She is killed/dies, etc.. and cannot return. Rey finds out eventually. She and Leia are mourning Hans death, and consoling each other..

The end
  • Simple answer could be, Han and Leia have a son. He grows up and leaves home. Leia and Han drift apart. Han has an affair with a woman, they end it. She has a child, owes money leaves child to pay debt with the intent to return when she can pay her debt. She is killed/dies, etc.. and cannot return. Rey finds out eventually. She and Leia are mourning Hans death, and consoling each other..

The end

Or, and this is my thought, Rey is Lukes daughter. Jedi and their relatives or allies are no stranger to lying to "the chosen one"
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Simple answer could be, Han and Leia have a son. He grows up and leaves home. Leia and Han drift apart. Han has an affair with a woman, they end it. She has a child, owes money leaves child to pay debt with the intent to return when she can pay her debt. She is killed/dies, etc.. and cannot return. Rey finds out eventually. She and Leia are mourning Hans death, and consoling each other..

The end

Or, and this is my thought, Rey is Lukes daughter. Jedi and their relatives or allies are no stranger to lying to "the chosen one"

Or, and this is my thought, Palpatine created her with the Force.
  • Nihion wrote: »
    Simple answer could be, Han and Leia have a son. He grows up and leaves home. Leia and Han drift apart. Han has an affair with a woman, they end it. She has a child, owes money leaves child to pay debt with the intent to return when she can pay her debt. She is killed/dies, etc.. and cannot return. Rey finds out eventually. She and Leia are mourning Hans death, and consoling each other..

The end

Which would make her and Anakin siblings. And she would be Kylo's Aunt.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

The end

And it would be hilarious

The end

Would that make the state of their relationship weirder than Luke/Leia in ESB?
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    To be totally honest I'm extremely disappointed by the amount of content we have from the new trilogy. One short time meta team JTR, one former god PVE team Zfinn, one decent TW team zzKRU, 7 ships of which only one is used "sometimes" (Silencer)

Out of everything in this game I would have thought by now New Trilogy content would have been much higher.

I think the potential from the 2 movies we had were in ships... Snap and the others from assault on Death Star 3.0. Bombers, capitals. But a lot of toons we could have had.... Prateor guards, snoke (lol), MAZ...WHERE IS MAZ, Death gangs all sorts of crazy stuff were in those 2 movies... Are they ignoring it until the end.....Gotta tell you I'm not optimistic we will ever get much more from this trilogy.... The potential is huge but the timeframe for release and how long the game keeps going is totally in question (at least by social media) Perhaps the game has 5 more years left... (I hope) but we will see.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

The end

Well Kylo would have been fighting his great Aunt the whole time, and Leia would be carrying this young woman around who’s actually her aunt. But Luke and Leia kissed, so... no...

The end

Well Kylo would have been fighting his great Aunt the whole time, and Leia would be carrying this young woman around who’s actually her aunt. But Luke and Leia kissed, so... no...

Kylo and Rey have done the mind meld nasty... just saying.
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    To be totally honest I'm extremely disappointed by the amount of content we have from the new trilogy. One short time meta team JTR, one former god PVE team Zfinn, one decent TW team zzKRU, 7 ships of which only one is used "sometimes" (Silencer)

Out of everything in this game I would have thought by now New Trilogy content would have been much higher.

I think the potential from the 2 movies we had were in ships... Snap and the others from assault on Death Star 3.0. Bombers, capitals. But a lot of toons we could have had.... Prateor guards, snoke (lol), MAZ...WHERE IS MAZ, Death gangs all sorts of crazy stuff were in those 2 movies... Are they ignoring it until the end.....Gotta tell you I'm not optimistic we will ever get much more from this trilogy.... The potential is huge but the timeframe for release and how long the game keeps going is totally in question (at least by social media) Perhaps the game has 5 more years left... (I hope) but we will see.

To be fair imo we got the best characters from the sequel trilogy already. Most of the new characters are trash and unlikeable. I’d rather have more OT and PT stuff or more legends.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

The end

Oh gosh you’re right... and we don’t know how long it’s been going on since TLJ... and we don’t know what they’ve seen (besides swoll Kylo)... I wonder what else the force can do...
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Cstone812 wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »

To be fair imo we got the best characters from the sequel trilogy already. Most of the new characters are trash and unlikeable. I’d rather have more OT and PT stuff or more legends.

not even close

The end

Oh gosh you’re right... and we don’t know how long it’s been going on since TLJ... and we don’t know what they’ve seen (besides swoll Kylo)... I wonder what else the force can do...

If you're a jedi, nothing. If you're a sith, whatever you want. lol.