Fastest Bastila Fallen Wins Problem

So I am just wondering how many people are just frustrated about mirror matches in Arena right now? Back when JKR was meta at least if you play correctly you can beat the AI with faster Speed mods. But right now if your opponent has 1 speed faster then you on bastila fallen you will lose due to the fact that DR/malak/Bastila needs to land debuff but you can't since Corrupt Battle Med stops all yours and they have already apply all theirs. so with the Palp Change there just isn't a way to win.

Are we going to at lease balance mirror matches so people can have a chance to win or you just don't care?

Replies

• FailingCrab
    1155 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I don't have the fastest fallen bastila on my shard and I've never lost a Darth revan mirror.

Edit: sorry, that message comes across as quote glib. The point I'm trying to make is that I think the problem is being overstated.
    Post edited by FailingCrab on
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Care to share some strategy @FailingCrab? Inquiring minds want to know.
  • Vorgen
    254 posts Member
    Drago5760 wrote: »
    Care to share some strategy @FailingCrab? Inquiring minds want to know.

Easy really. He has the 2nd fastest bsf on his shard and he avoids the fastest one. :)
  • Vorgen wrote: »

Easy really. He has the 2nd fastest bsf on his shard and he avoids the fastest one. :)

Haha. No mine is relatively slow since I still use the Sion+nihilus lineup and have Sion faster to strip tenacity up from revan squads. She's only about 265.

I'm not sure, I don't really have a set strategy with revan squads. Too much depends on who gets corrupted battle meditation so you have to adapt. Generally though, I do whatever I need to to focus the enemy bastila first. Once she's down it's pretty much over.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Vorgen wrote: »

Haha. No mine is relatively slow since I still use the Sion+nihilus lineup and have Sion faster to strip tenacity up from revan squads. She's only about 265.

I'm not sure, I don't really have a set strategy with revan squads. Too much depends on who gets corrupted battle meditation so you have to adapt. Generally though, I do whatever I need to to focus the enemy bastila first. Once she's down it's pretty much over.

That's the key. Gun her down and DR teams crumble, even with Malak.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    EpisodeV wrote: »
    But right now if your opponent has 1 speed faster then you on bastila fallen you will lose due to the fact that DR/malak/Bastila needs to land debuff but you can't since Corrupt Battle Med stops all yours and they have already apply all theirs.

This is being misrepresented somewhat. If their Bastila is faster than yours, she gets to apply CBM to your team first, sure. But if they have "already applied all of their" debuffs, then half their team is faster than your Bastila - and that's the problem. It's not that one toon is faster, it's that your mods are just overall too slow compared to those players.

If their Bastila goes first in the match, and then yours goes second...she may be limited to her basic, but you'll know not to waste her specials to little or no effect (if CBM gets applied to her).

It sounds like you're describing a situation where "My Revan goes after theirs, then my Bastila goes after theirs also" - which is worse than the original post indicated.

In that case switch mods around so your Bastila is the fastest toon on your squad. Their Revan will still go first, but your Bastila should be the second to move, and all of a sudden you can switch it around. The strategy is quick and fluid (based on who gets which debuffs), but it exists.
  • It's not health for the game to have 1 team that's only beatable with the same team with faster speed mods. The nerf to EP was totally uncalled for and i suspect they'll nerf JKA and Zombie soon since it's CG intent that Devan/Malak are unbeatable in arena.

Obviously CG wants Malak unbeatable so i don't know why one of the zetas for Malak wasn't *At the start of Malak's turn all enemies have their turn meter set to zero and their health is drained to 1. This effect can't be countered or evaded.*
  • I did 10 battles against a guy that has a faster darth Revan and fallen than mine. I won most of the battles. The ones I lost were just due to rng it seemed. If you are able to though i would switch revan mods onto fallen so yours will go first.
  • What is the technique to beating mirror matches were opponents have a faster dr and fallen?
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    Vorgen wrote: »

Ha!

• Faster Bastila is not the problem. Faster Bastila and revan is a problem.

It's very easy to win long as you have one or the other.

If their Bastila is faster but you can make your revan faster. Instead of using revan to fear, use him to shock. You will see that you will win in 30 seconds.

If your revan is slower but your Bastila is faster, then you play the battle as usual.

People are not understanding to shock instead of fear against the faster Bastila. People are just panicking sticking to fear when it's shock that works. Long as you can make your revan go first with top speed sets. Which should happen frequently since everyone is now loading Bastila as they also haven't figured out that shock kills that team.

Everyone struggling, try it. You will see it's the easiest mirrors.
  • Thrawn is the answer. Have him go after your FBasty. Swap turn and spread debuffs
  • MayAddy622 wrote: »
    Faster Bastila is not the problem. Faster Bastila and revan is a problem.

If their Bastila is faster but you can make your revan faster. Instead of using revan to fear, use him to shock. You will see that you will win in 30 seconds.

If your revan is slower but your Bastila is faster, then you play the battle as usual.

People are not understanding to shock instead of fear against the faster Bastila. People are just panicking sticking to fear when it's shock that works. Long as you can make your revan go first with top speed sets. Which should happen frequently since everyone is now loading Bastila as they also haven't figured out that shock kills that team.

Exactly how does "shock" aoe on opening move all of a sudden make up the lack of speed difference?
  • EpisodeV
    3 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    jkray622 wrote: »
    But right now if your opponent has 1 speed faster then you on bastila fallen you will lose due to the fact that DR/malak/Bastila needs to land debuff but you can't since Corrupt Battle Med stops all yours and they have already apply all theirs.

It's not that one toon is faster, it's that your mods are just overall too slow compared to those players.

My mods are worst then that person true but literally by 1 speed his reven is 320 mine is 319. his bast is 302 mine is 298 (if i switch my revan mods to Bast is only 300). I mean my mods aren't bad just not as good as his by a tiny bit. and it all comes down to luck on mirror matches. Don't get me wrong its not like i can't beat him with other teams but my point is that mirror match sucks right now is even worst then JKR. someone could have a very little advantage and still completely own you.
  • MayAddy622 wrote: »

What are the exact squads you're using/seeing? I've tried this twice now and lost horrendously both times. If I use shock, the next thing that happens is my entire squad gets fear. The last battle I did, the AoE shock and bastila getting one turn were literally my only moves.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    MayAddy622 wrote: »

What are the exact squads you're using/seeing? I've tried this twice now and lost horrendously both times. If I use shock, the next thing that happens is my entire squad gets fear. The last battle I did, the AoE shock and bastila getting one turn were literally my only moves.

How does your entire squad get fear? Do you not have a taunter?
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    More specifically, an autotaunter.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    If you have Malak, applying shock will cause him to taunt. If you don't have Malak, and their Revan goes before your Bastila, then you need Sith Trooper to draw Insanity.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    nvm, misread previous post.
  • FailingCrab
    1155 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Liath wrote: »

Not yet. My arena squads so far have been phoenix - palp - JKR - Darth Revan. I skipped using traya in arena so I'd never farmed/geared up a pretaunt until now. I'm working on sith trooper as we speak but he's only g8 right now. I haven't struggled to take 1 until the last couple of days when everyone else has switched to SiT/Malak as their +2 and I have now started losing the occasional battle.

I recognise this is suboptimal, I'm just hoping I can find a workable strategy until my sith trooper is geared.

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »

Not yet. My arena squads so far have been phoenix - palp - JKR - Darth Revan. I skipped using traya in arena so I'd never farmed/geared up a pretaunt until now. I'm working on sith trooper as we speak but he's only g8 right now. I haven't struggled to take 1 until the last couple of days when everyone else has switched to SiT/Malak as their +2 and I have now started losing the occasional battle.

I recognise this is suboptimal, I'm just hoping I can find a workable strategy until my sith trooper is geared.

Yeah, unfortunately, without a pretaunt, against other DR teams you are in for a world of hurt.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    @FailingCrab you can use Shoretrooper, that's worked for me while I'm working on my SiT. Even had some luck with MT + Zombie.

https://swgoh.gg/p/279847465/

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    @FailingCrab you can use Shoretrooper, that's worked for me while I'm working on my SiT. Even had some luck with MT + Zombie.

https://swgoh.gg/p/279847465/

He said he never farmed/geared a pretaunt. I was assuming that statement wasn’t limited to Sith Trooper.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Look I can't be expected to read every word of a post ;)
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Ok I just looked.....G11 zombie would at least take that fear.
  • gflegui
    294 posts Member
    It is impossible to win that match. Just avoid them. Maybe work on a super fast Thrawn and give your Bastilla a turn before hers.
    So I am just wondering how many people are just frustrated about mirror matches in Arena right now? Back when JKR was meta at least if you play correctly you can beat the AI with faster Speed mods. But right now if your opponent has 1 speed faster then you on bastila fallen you will lose due to the fact that DR/malak/Bastila needs to land debuff but you can't since Corrupt Battle Med stops all yours and they have already apply all theirs. so with the Palp Change there just isn't a way to win.

Are we going to at lease balance mirror matches so people can have a chance to win or you just don't care?