Best Ways to Be At Top Of Arena with No KOTOR Toons

Prev1
gpeeee
126 posts Member
Hey everyone,
Nothing against KOTOR fans, but I'm not interested in any KOTOR characters but enjoy playing this game. Does anyone have any success being able to climb and stay in the top 25 of a very old shard (It's all Darth and Jedi Revan from 1-50) with any other teams. My CLS team is the closest thing to being successful but is almost impossible to beat a top tier JKR team. I can only beat them MAYBE 25% of the time. I have pretty much every other character and solid team geared and modded well that is not related to KOTOR. Thanks in advance for any help.

Replies

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    I see a CLS team in top 10 most of the time on my shard. Grevious teams can do it too, but I think you will fall quite a bit. Doesn't really matter if you can climb back to #1. Also possible these will be needed for some new Shiney soon.

Sometimes I will see God-mod NS in top 50 but I would doubt they will hold.

Maybe after a few more GR reworks or new toons there will be other options, but that's about all I know of right now.
  • Fahrius
    620 posts Member
    With cls, try this
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/bfpuex/how_to_counter_7_malak_watch_from_805_5_malak_165/

Or you could go droids or bounty hunters, both can beat jkr and dr teams
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • gpeeee
    126 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    I see a CLS team in top 10 most of the time on my shard. Grevious teams can do it too, but I think you will fall quite a bit. Doesn't really matter if you can climb back to #1. Also possible these will be needed for some new Shiney soon.

Maybe after a few more GR reworks or new toons there will be other options, but that's about all I know of right now.

Thanks.
    Yeah, Unfortunately, I assumed I already had an idea. I posted hoping for some other fun team but deep down, I knew it probably isn't possible. I'm totally on Revan arena burnout. Really can't wait for a little more fun and diversity in arena.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Well if you just want something different. I ran Qira scoundrels until a week ago and could still get top 100, but its really hard. Have to pick on CLS and NS and EP teams. ;)
  • gpeeee wrote: »

Thanks.
    Yeah, Unfortunately, I assumed I already had an idea. I posted hoping for some other fun team but deep down, I knew it probably isn't possible. I'm totally on Revan arena burnout. Really can't wait for a little more fun and diversity in arena.

Honestly, I don't know if there will ever be as much diversity as we want in arena. We had a good thing going when Darth Revan came out and had rock, paper, scissor matchups. Jedi Knight Revan, Darth Revan, Emperor, CLS teams were all competitive. Then malak came, they went back on their word, screwed EP teams. I think with the next meta, they'll just do the same thing and try to get as much money as possible, making one team overwhelmingly dominant.
  • CLS can beat top-tier JKR teams, you just need to have at least as good of mods as they do. CLS, Han, Chewie, 3PO and either R2 or Thrawn. The CLS team that’s in my shard’s top 50 has the R2 variant.
  • gpeeee
    126 posts Member
    CLS can beat top-tier JKR teams, you just need to have at least as good of mods as they do. CLS, Han, Chewie, 3PO and either R2 or Thrawn. The CLS team that’s in my shard’s top 50 has the R2 variant.

Yeah, I can beat those teams but at a very low percentage. My mods are solid and all G12+ but can barely squeak out a win. Very RNG dependent.
  • Daav44
    23 posts Member
    Grevious, CLS, Traya, Nighsisters can beat JKR.
    Grevious beat Drevan consistantly on offence, CLS works too.
    All these teams will require the right comp and modding to work well.

If you aim for top 25, you can also use a Nightmare for easy win vs Drevan without Malak. Don't leave it on defence tho.
  • Has anyone tried a Galactic Republic Jedi team? Should work on offence?
    e.g.
    zzGMY, JKA, zAhsoka, zGK and C3PO?
    Maybe??
  • Daav44
    23 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Has anyone tried a Galactic Republic Jedi team? Should work on offence?
    e.g.
    zzGMY, JKA, zAhsoka, zGK and C3PO?
    Maybe??

You might want to check this :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlkDL2bQ8HM

But we still don't know what will happen to JKA.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Daav44 wrote: »

But we still don't know what will happen to JKA.

**SPOILER**

I hear he goes sour, kills a bunch of tuskens, a bunch of younglings, a couple of Jedi Masters, his wife, a planet or two, chokes some dudes out, kills his former master, tries to kill his son, loses some body parts, and kills his second former master.

Things really kinda escalate quickly and **** gets out of hand. Its been a while, but I think I recall this is all started because he hates sand?
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    gpeeee wrote: »
    CLS can beat top-tier JKR teams, you just need to have at least as good of mods as they do. CLS, Han, Chewie, 3PO and either R2 or Thrawn. The CLS team that’s in my shard’s top 50 has the R2 variant.

Yeah, I can beat those teams but at a very low percentage. My mods are solid and all G12+ but can barely squeak out a win. Very RNG dependent.

CLS team should not be RNG dependent at all. I have 100% success rate against JKR on my alt with CLS.

Han opens on Jolee. The resists from high tenacity give you TM. CLS places buff immunity on GK. Use 3PO to focus GMY with Han/Luke/Chewie. Han focuses GMY (should kill him triggering Savior). Thrawn fractures Revan. At this point, it's cleanup. I often win without taking any damage, or minimal damage - even with only decent mods.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Dryff wrote: »

CLS team should not be RNG dependent at all. I have 100% success rate against JKR on my alt with CLS.

Han opens on Jolee. The resists from high tenacity give you TM. CLS places buff immunity on GK. Use 3PO to focus GMY with Han/Luke/Chewie. Han focuses GMY (should kill him triggering Savior). Thrawn fractures Revan. At this point, it's cleanup. I often win without taking any damage, or minimal damage - even with only decent mods.

This is helpful. Thank you.
  • Dryff wrote: »

@Dryff can you recommend mods for.the CLS led R2 Han Chew C3PO team?
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I run the following:
    CLS: Speed/Health w/ Offense & Potency triangle/cross
    Han: Crit Dmg/Crit Change w/ Crit Dmg & Offense triangle/cross
    Chewie: Offense/Health w/ Crit Dmg & Health triangle/cross
    C3PO: Speed w/ Protection & Tenacity on triangle/cross
    Thrawn: Speed/Health w/ Health & Offense on triangle/cross

I actually need to reorganize some mods, as I've come to learn that sending Chewie's Tenacity through the roof helps against DR, Bastila's stun, and mirror matches against CLS.

EDIT: Names are linked to the swgoh.gg links so you can see the mods.
  • Dryff wrote: »
    I run the following:

I actually need to reorganize some mods, as I've come to learn that sending Chewie's Tenacity through the roof helps against DR, Bastila's stun, and mirror matches against CLS.

Thanks. I just got all but 6* C3PO. Mod and gearing now
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    I run the following:

The only thing is that this team is dreadful on defense. I drop at least 50 ranks every night, sometimes up to 100 ranks. Even if I did the 5 battles per day on my alt, I would probably have to refresh to get top 20 (not because I can't win, but because I get targeted). ;)
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I run the following:

The only thing is that this team is dreadful on defense. I drop at least 50 ranks every night, sometimes up to 100 ranks. Even if I did the 5 battles per day on my alt, I would probably have to refresh to get top 20 (not because I can't win, but because I get targeted). ;)

I haven't seen top since my 1st year of play and then took 2 off. I would appreciate that again

My BH team and Resistance team both keep me lingering 300-500
  • gpeeee
    126 posts Member

Tried it. My Chewy went second and then it seemed to fall apart after I attacked with him. Once Yoda went he went stealth so I burned savior with Revan while leaving Jolee in the red to kill on the next turn but my next turn was evaded and Jolee healed full health and half protection! It was way over after that.
  • gpeeee
    126 posts Member
    Just tried 3 more times, same result. Chewy didn’t go second but had the same fail result. I don’t understand what I’m doing wrong. Are these Revan teams better since I’m on an older shard?
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Just tried 3 more times, same result. Chewy didn’t go second but had the same fail result. I don’t understand what I’m doing wrong. Are these Revan teams better since I’m on an older shard?

Do you have all zetas?
  • gpeeee
    126 posts Member
    So my order I have been failing with is open up on Jolee, then 3PO uses attack on Yoda with either Chewy or Han. Then CLS debuffs GK. Then Thrawn fractures Revan. Then I’m unable to get GMY down to burn savior and he does his AoE and gains stealth. Then I’m screwed.
  • gpeeee
    126 posts Member

Do you have all zetas?

Yeah. I have all zetas, squad power is almost 120k, mods are almost all 6 Dot and all gear 12+
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member

Do you have all zetas?

Yeah. I have all zetas, squad power is almost 120k, mods are almost all 6 Dot and all gear 12+

I dont run the team, but I have one in my top 10 so I know it can be done. I'm guessing its a mod issue.
    Is it your speeds? Or do you have good damage on Chewie and Han?
  • gpeeee
    126 posts Member

Do you have all zetas?

I dont run the team, but I have one in my top 10 so I know it can be done. I'm guessing its a mod issue.
    Is it your speeds? Or do you have good damage on Chewie and Han?

I focused a lot on damage output and usually run R2 instead of Thrawn, but above listed that Thrawn is easier in order to fracture Revan, which does make sense. I can maybe beat Revan teams 1 out of 5 times, but that's even a stretch. The CLS ones near the top that I know spend a lot on refreshes in order to stay at the top. I'm hoping to get back up there again like I have been for a while, but all these Revans (Specifically JKR) are wrecking me, and personally killing the game for me. People above said that mods don't have to be that good to win, but I'm wondering if that is because their Revan opponent is poorly modded? In my top 100, almost everyone I face has all 6 dot mods and it is literally ALL revan darth or jedi. Should I switch to another team to beat JKR? I don't have any KOTOR toons except Nihilus, Sion, SA and ST.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    No If you dont have Revan, CLS is probably the best best. Post your mods or link to your profile. I cant help with that team but I can tell if your mods are good enough.

And I agree - fighting Revan is annoying. I have him and hate it.
  • CLS has to be all Tenacity
  • Banmeong
    129 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    My CLS big50 arena on average rank around 30. JKR and DR no problem, but DR with Malak ruin my game. Malak drain force is very annoying

Speed rank:
    R2 313, CLS 292, Han 264, Chewie 259, C3po 227

R2d2 must go first to hide everyone from mark or fear the leader
  • DarthJelly
    66 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I run zzCLS with zHan, zChewie, zzR2 and zThrawn and can beat some JKR teams with that but these are the JKR teams sitting in the top 200. My Threepio is only 6* G8 so not exactly arena worthy yet. Even at this level though I stand out as the Rose amongst the Thorns (JKR mainly) so I'm constantly targeted. Makes a change for the JKR boys to attack something that isn't mirror - That's where the CLS struggle is mainly.