Juhani or Canderous?

For DR event, Malik event, and beyond, who is the better investment? I'm assuming Carth is more useful or necessary than either. Canderous is harder to gear (300 carbanti and 200 guns vs 350 and 50) but I'm just not finding a great use for Juhani...

Juhani or Canderous? 43 votes

Juhani
20%
RavenclawsDigitalLime2Ct214476FaolSWGOHEnterTheYautaJabronisolo83Beast1985Daav44Badstila 9 votes
Canderous
69%
GunnyGonnaGetYaVinny_Vader_VedileefJacenRoejhbuchholzFahriusBlackbeardpepeNova44RiffinatorVeserion1FailingCrabThessaodai145SeanMcReady22FirebrigadeSebPovicDarthRevan1023EmguyDaPowerfulJediCaptainFizzJohnLove11 30 votes
Get both and forget about Carth
9%
CarterHGrog_the_slobB0baf3ttKmyre 4 votes

Replies

• Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    Canderous
    Canderous go wrong with Canderous. Get it? Get it? Okay, I’ll be quiet now.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Canderous
    Im planning Carth - Mission+Z - Canderous - Nest.
    Only actual use of Juhani that Ive found is in a defensive Jedi Team under Bastilla while using Plo Koon (Ezra) on JKR offense instead. Whoever fights under Bastilla in the future depends on possible reworks(JKA, jedi-tagged galactic republic characters). Right now you will want to have Old Ben and Hoda around + X.
  • Daav44
    23 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Juhani
    Save your guns.

Most people will tell you she is bad. She's not, it's just they are all trying to put her in a jedi team.
    Put her in an Old Republic team (with the right mods) and she will be just fine. She have very good synergy with the other OR.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Canderous
    - carth led team regens health + prot when DoTs are inflicted
    - canderous inflicts DoTs
    - ???
    - profit
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • If you are taking a full old Republic squad to G12 then go Canderous. He can be a monster in a typical Carth lead squad. Individually Juhani is better though, and has more versatility with the ability to be used in many different Jedi squads. And we are always more likely to get additional Jedi toons than Old Republic.
  • If you are taking a full old Republic squad to G12 then go Canderous. He can be a monster in a typical Carth lead squad. Individually Juhani is better though, and has more versatility with the ability to be used in many different Jedi squads. And we are always more likely to get additional Jedi toons than Old Republic.

We need to take a full old republic squad to gp 17500, which is close to g12, if you want DR and Malak, which is the point. The debate will be if Carth gets his zeta, mission gets her zeta, or if I can get DR and Malak without those zetas. From what I see, the dark side Malak event isn't as hard as the light side, which might lead me towards Juhani, cause all of them 17500gp shouldn't make the DR event hard
  • Canderous
    Daav44 wrote: »
    Save your guns.

Most people will tell you she is bad. She's not, it's just they are all trying to put her in a jedi team.
    Put her in an Old Republic team (with the right mods) and she will be just fine. She have very good synergy with the other OR.
    If you are taking a full old Republic squad to G12 then go Canderous. He can be a monster in a typical Carth lead squad. Individually Juhani is better though, and has more versatility with the ability to be used in many different Jedi squads. And we are always more likely to get additional Jedi toons than Old Republic.

I think Juhani tends to be underrated, especially for how she fills out that OR squad. She’s a great first tank until Z takes over, and her ability to call other assists off the Carth lead gives you more opportunities to get Mission damage and more dots.

All of that said, the OR squad is definitely going to be more heavily impacted by Canderous as another damage and dot dealer. I’d gear him up first, but I think both are worth gearing if you’re planning to run a Carth squad.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Canderous
    I'm assuming you want to build the full OR squad so the characters you have to gear up will be put to use. Carth, Canderous, Mission, and big Z are mandatory if you want that squad to function. Juhani is good there, but not a must. Wampa is a good 5th. Sidious isn't terrible either if you have him geared. You can find other options that you either already have, or are cheaper to plug in.

I wouldn't discount her though. She has such great survivability that you can mod her for pure damage in the OR squad, and she will do well. She is a mass cleanse for the team, and a second taunt that can cause problems due to her hide-and-seek mechanics.

She is also a decent Jedi tank. She can pretaunt under Bastila. She gives double bonuses to Jedi Revan because she has both OR and Jedi tags. And there are enough decent Jedi to make at least three teams for GA/TW (more for 3vs3). We need so many teams for GA that any taunt tank can find a use.

TL;DR Absolutely do Canderous first. Get Juhani eventually. She's solid.
  • Canderous
    The candy man can! I got to unlock Malek By dumb luck and having no faith in cg lol
    I figured his gear was crazy so I deduced he will need to be high gear to beat Drevan lol.
    Nope. People were doing it with G8.
    But with Malek I got lucky
  • All of them.
    I mean carth, juhani and canderous.
    You are going to gear them to gp 17500 for malak anyway, doesnt hurt to go a little further to take them to G12.

Besides the 3 with bigz and mission is a great team in tw/ga.
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »
    All of them.
    I mean carth, juhani and canderous.
    You are going to gear them to gp 17500 for malak anyway, doesnt hurt to go a little further to take them to G12.

Besides the 3 with bigz and mission is a great team in tw/ga.

Dr, bsf, hk47, + 2 needed for Malak. Hence deciding between the two (since Carth is more important than either as a leader). Each need about 300 carbanti that I'd probably rather divert elsewhere (or to big z and mission for the light side, since jkr/bast/Jolee are all g12), so all 3 is a luxury I don't think I can take.
  • Get both and don't forget about carth either. Canderous is generally great and Juhani is great together with Zaalbar on a Carth led dot team.