Grand Arena Megathread

Replies

• So that’s two 3v3 rounds in a row, where I won then had a crash restart and nothing else will kill he combo. Crashes on other parts of game are bearable and don’t ruin the game, 3v3 that’s it gone ruined. Please remove 3v3 from the game as it is the only thing that truly makes me want to remove me from the game, and it is clear many others feel the same way
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    I like 3v3 :)
  • My opponent went very light on defense, but did fill out all ten defensive slots. I set what I deem my best defenses, but saved some offensive strength as well of course.

I took the opportunity to get as many banners as I could. Quite satisfied, although it wasn't all straight 56's. Is someone else doing better? ;)

azkbtf9xabob.jpg
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Intrapidoo wrote: »
    I would have beaten 5 of hes squads(if i go to kru instead of revan)

But you didn't.

Thank you
  • Opponent set both Jedi Knight Revan and Darth Revan- 1. Why am I even being marched up against him? 2. Why can’t you balance the game better? Do you know how incredibly disappointing it is to watch your best toons get completely murdered without taking a single turn? Can you not find a way to balance this game like Gwent?
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Opponent set both Jedi Knight Revan and Darth Revan- 1. Why am I even being marched up against him? 2. Why can’t you balance the game better? Do you know how incredibly disappointing it is to watch your best toons get completely murdered without taking a single turn? Can you not find a way to balance this game like Gwent?

Unfortunately game balance is not a top priority, I don't think it ever has been. As long as people want to pay for an advantage that's going to be the main driver.

In a game where everyone eventually gets everything anyway stuff like "balanced arena" tends to be ignored. I was going to write a longer response but why bother, it's not going to change anything.

FWIW, there are more balanced games out there, but they are not Star Wars themed.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    Opponent set both Jedi Knight Revan and Darth Revan- 1. Why am I even being marched up against him? 2. Why can’t you balance the game better? Do you know how incredibly disappointing it is to watch your best toons get completely murdered without taking a single turn? Can you not find a way to balance this game like Gwent?

Matchmaking doesn't match based on individual toons, nor should it. Find a counter, there are several, and keep them on hand to use in future battles. It's worked well for me and many others.
  • Gannon wrote: »

Matchmaking doesn't match based on individual toons, nor should it. Find a counter, there are several, and keep them on hand to use in future battles. It's worked well for me and many others.

Another point to that is to always check out what your opponent has as a roster, which you can do by going to the rewards page and clicking their names. I always do this before setting up defense to try and set up stuff that I think would be suitable counters to what I assume will be their offensive / defensive lineups. It generally works out decently for me, I might not always win but I end up with 2nd or 3rd place each time unless I really drop the ball and don't pay attention
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    I thought you were supposed to get full points for when they dont set a full defense. I definatly did not. Sandbagging ruins the game.

Wrong
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

No because they dont care. I mean it they do not care a single bit or it would be addressed... The game mode is trash for 50% of the player base.

They are creating a massive massive mod power gap now with GA rewards and again they dont care mod gap must make em money...

The people who design graphics and program are awesome. The people who lay out the future, theorize how game modes will affect the playerbase are just in major major major lolabad pathetic fail mode right now....

On brightside whatever trash they bring to “new” GA competition mode it will still be horrible.... but I guarantee you the grapixs will be sweet
  • CarterTHX wrote: »
    If they really wanted GA to be a battle of skill instead of a battle of the wallet, just give us Event/Arena toons to use. Both sides get the same pool of toons & mods to use.

Most of my other thoughts on GA won't make it past the forum filter.

But then the people who complain all the time would just blame RNG for losing.

• Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    CarterTHX wrote: »
    If they really wanted GA to be a battle of skill instead of a battle of the wallet, just give us Event/Arena toons to use. Both sides get the same pool of toons & mods to use.

Gotta love the whole 'It's too RNG!" line of complaint. :D
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »

It’s a classic man. Lol :joy:
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    KyJoe_Cool wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

It’s a classic man. Lol :joy:

except for it being true and all in "some" parts of the game
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    I thought you were supposed to get full points for when they dont set a full defense. I definatly did not. Sandbagging ruins the game.

Wrong

Which part, the sandbagging or the full points
  • Love the matchmaking. My team has 50k more GP. His team has 13 more zetad toons, and probably 25 more G12 toons than I do. So, one extra zeta for each of their ten, 3-man teams on defense, and 3 left over to attack my top 3 D teams with. Shockingly, I didn't win this round.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »

Wrong

Which part, the sandbagging or the full points

The part where people saying people not setting defense gives them some kind of advantage
  • I get that lots of players have level 1 toons but I don't so I always get out matched... I still think matching could be better... At least I get a few rewards...
    This is the Way
  • Anyone know how they decide who you versus in GA? I’m around 3.7 GP but regularly get matched against much much higher GP, like, 4 Mil GP and up. I can put up a fight with most, but there’s always one team I can’t take down to finish 1st. Any advice or is this a glitch or something
  • TRanger
    329 posts Member
    GA is already unfairly matched..now It is costing me win banners what few I can get. I entered a match with Jyn Erso, Cherrit, Baze....and as soon as I got into battle error code 106 comes up forcing me out..forcing me to lose the first battle, which cost me first round banners...now I have to go to a second squad to pick up the win..which causing me to lose further banners due to a second squad having to be used which would have been used on a first round win on possibly a different squad....see how this is snowballing. How much longer is EA/CG gonna keep this GA Rip off going....I'm already mismatched severely..now it is bugged causing me further disadvantage. Come on get it right please! GD!!!!!
  • Unleashed220
    6 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    All the people complaining about matchmaking I have a question. They already match by individual gp. How would you like them to do it? If you inflate your gp by collecting toons you aren’t going to use you will be overmatched. It’s extremely unrealistic to expect them to write an algorithm that sorts by gp and goes through each characters roster to make sure nobody has characters you don’t have. I think I t’s a great game mode. If you don’t like it you have the option to not join.
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    I like how GA matchmaking doesnt compare individual characters.. it gives motivation to improve by going against people with more focused rosters
  • Kanzi
    45 posts Member
    How would you like them to do it?
    Match by GP ignoring all characters below 14k GP - this simple (we already have similar stuff in TB)
    14k margin is for 3.5m+ brackets, players in lower brackets have lower margin
    This will be much closer to real roster estimation, and very easy to implement
  • Finally something good to win;

a3eykvdirj2f.jpeg
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • All the people complaining about matchmaking I have a question. They already match by individual gp. How would you like them to do it? If you inflate your gp by collecting toons you aren’t going to use you will be overmatched. It’s extremely unrealistic to expect them to write an algorithm that sorts by gp and goes through each characters roster to make sure nobody has characters you don’t have. I think I t’s a great game mode. If you don’t like it you have the option to not join.

Option 1: Fix the way GP is calculated in the first place. They don't put nearly enough weight on zetas and higher gear levels. When one squad has no G12 and 3 zetas on the entire roster, there is no matchmaking that will win against a defense with 12 G12 and 18 zetas.
    Option 2: Only calculate the matchups based on the slots available for the given GA. So, if there are 6 3v3 sets, that's 18 slots on defense plus 18 on offense, so only base the matchmaking off of players top 36 toons. (Not limiting the players on the roster that can be used, but only for GP calculations).

In the grand scheme of things, I just think it's messed up that this event punishes players for having a deep roster instead of being top heavy. A lot of players enjoy collecting different players and trying out different rosters. Once upon a time the game encouraged that.

• Darth_DeVito
    1231 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    All the people complaining about matchmaking I have a question. They already match by individual gp. How would you like them to do it? If you inflate your gp by collecting toons you aren’t going to use you will be overmatched. It’s extremely unrealistic to expect them to write an algorithm that sorts by gp and goes through each characters roster to make sure nobody has characters you don’t have. I think I t’s a great game mode. If you don’t like it you have the option to not join.

I think the matchmaking is a lot fairer already since fleet GP is being subtracted, but one thing that bugs me is that I'm matched with accounts who are much older than mine. It's not just that their rosters are more focused and top-heavy than my own, they also have far more raids under their belt (and thus better gear) as well as more omegaed and zetaed abilities.

I can live with the fact that my deeper roster gives me a disadvantage (but also an occasional advantage since I have lots of modded g7-9 characters to take out better geared teams character by character if need be). But you can only get so many high-end gear pieces and zetas in less than half a year. It may have been my choice to grow my roster to 1.9 million GP, but I didn't choose to have less zetas and less raid gear.

Making GA even fairer still would be as easy as adding account age to the equation. Anything else punishes paying customers who collect characters at a much faster rate than F2P players. If the join dates of GA participants were no more than a month apart, it would help quite a bit.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member

I think the matchmaking is a lot fairer already since fleet GP is being subtracted, but one thing that bugs me is that I'm matched with accounts who are much older than mine. It's not just that their rosters are more focused and top-heavy than my own, they also have far more raids under their belt (and thus better gear) as well as more omegaed and zetaed abilities.

I can live with the fact that my deeper roster gives me a disadvantage (but also an occasional advantage since I have lots of modded g7-9 characters to take out better geared teams character by character if need be). But you can only get so many high-end gear pieces and zetas in less than half a year. It may have been my choice to grow my roster to 1.9 million GP, but I didn't choose to have less zetas and less raid gear.

Making GA even fairer still would be as easy as adding account age to the equation. Anything else punishes paying customers who collect characters at a much faster rate than F2P players. If the join dates of GA participants were no more than a month apart, it would help quite a bit.

I think the biggest thing here is zetas. If they calculated zetas and gp, there would be no more problems.
  • TRanger
    329 posts Member
    edited April 2019

You missed an entire month of debate..alot of us with broad rosters..had most like 90% + prior to GA. Pick a different argument!

And further what we didn't have was needed for the new meta toons just recently released...so we should step back stop, and just let go of toons now needed for the game.

Look at all toons weigh zatas and mods...dismiss toons (bottom half) most likely not used that will be dead weight in calculation of GA arena GP.

Yess it can be done as they do it in TW...why should GA be any different. How hard can it be when they pump out new toons monthly...it is about listening to the player base and adjusting to make a more balanced and fair arena mode as far as GP is calculated in match making.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    a20txc566o11.png
    It's just ridiculous with the current system