Best trooper team?

Obviously starck and veers, and I want to go for death and shore. Who should I use as my 5th?

Replies

• Fahrius
    620 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Range, no question.
    Death and shore can be changed though, but thats more on who do you prefer
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • Never ran a trooper team myself yet but I hear Range Trooper is invaluable.
  • Ok definitely gonna go for range then thanks. Ya I'm not quite ready to farm them but I plan on going for them after these **** JKR and JTR cantina grinds.
    In terms of death and shore, who are viable replacements? Or is it just very, starck, range, then any two troopers?
  • Veers, Starck, Shore, Range...

And then...Snow? Death? Storm?

Personal choice...they all have value and use. I love Imperial Troopers...my favourite faction for fun!
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Range seems pretty essential. More assists = faster kills = more TM = less opponent having any chance to respond.

And since the goal is to just generate massive TM so that the opponent never gets a turn, I'm not sure Shoretrooper is really necessary unless your opponent is too fast for Starck to go first. I'd probably go for Range, Snow and either Death or Magma for the last spot.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• miketo
    139 posts Member
    Snow is a beast. I recommend him for sure.
  • miketo wrote: »
    Snow is a beast. I recommend him for sure.

I agree with this. His AOE is about as much fun as it's possible to have in this game :smiley:
  • the core for good offensive troopers team is high CD, CC, Assist, armor pen and TM gain.
    those uniques belong to Veers L, Snow, Starck, Range. those 4 are key.
    those 4, are also enough btw, as troopers can win 4v5 easily enough.
    DT and Shore are worth the farm and gearing tho. they might not fit on your ITs (but you can add them as addition to feel safer) but they can easily fit in many empire teams and even outside of empire teams as plug-n-play.
    so overall, id invest in all of those 6 and get them to g11-12 : veers, snow, starck, range, dt, shore.
    TW/GA Counters Bot - https://discord.gg/jZH44Hb | Discord: SidiousIsPikachu#5768
  • Rake6
    442 posts Member
    What are best 3v3 trooper teams? I hear you don't even need a leader on some.
  • For those who don't understand shore trooper...
    Shore provides the heal so you can cleanse plague from nightsisters which is the team they are best against, also veers lead gives TM to anyone that receives a buff they didn't have and his heal provides crit immunity to the whole team so extra TM. Also pretaunt and his cooldown on it is lowered anytime he looses a buff and he always has crit immunity when he has taunt , which means if you dispell him he will taunt again next turn.
  • ZVeers, Starck, Snow, Range, and Shore
  • I run VeerZ, Starck, Range, OG ST, and Death. OG ST can throw out some nutso damage if you give him CD mods. You can plug almost trooper into those last two spots.
  • I'm not even sure you need a tank. I run Veers/Starck/Range/Death/Snow and they do really well (and I don't even have Veers' zeta). With a fast enough Starck, you can do a lot of damage and usually take down an opposing character or two before you ever get attacked.
  • YKMisfit wrote: »
    I'm not even sure you need a tank. I run Veers/Starck/Range/Death/Snow and they do really well (and I don't even have Veers' zeta). With a fast enough Starck, you can do a lot of damage and usually take down an opposing character or two before you ever get attacked.

You will if you wish to fight high powered teams . If we are just making a pve team or a 70-80k GA/TW team then your are probably right
  • Nil0
    4 posts Member
    Depends on how much effort you want to put into it... prob if you go all in the answer would be ZVeers, Starck, Snow, Range, and Shore. However, I run Veers/Starck/Range/Death/Snow simply because gearing Shore is pure pain... he's like the 3'rd heaviest toon to gear.... I'm not using my IT for arena, and for GA/ TW they do very, very fine in relation to the effort put into them.
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    zVeers, Shore, Starck, Snow, Range. Even at g9-10 you can clear 85-100k power teams with ease.
  • Treeburner wrote: »
    YKMisfit wrote: »
    I'm not even sure you need a tank. I run Veers/Starck/Range/Death/Snow and they do really well (and I don't even have Veers' zeta). With a fast enough Starck, you can do a lot of damage and usually take down an opposing character or two before you ever get attacked.

You will if you wish to fight high powered teams . If we are just making a pve team or a 70-80k GA/TW team then your are probably right

Fair enough. I really only built my trooper team to do the IPD special mission, and they get some secondary use in TW against ~90-100K NS teams.
  • Veers, starck, range, snow, and a tank.

Keep magma and death trooper separate for traya teams with thrawn.
  • DonnieAndFrank
    332 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Lately I usually go Veers, starck, range (only 5 star atm), and snow. The 5th if against well geared NS (with though talzin with good offense) I go shore but against mostly I go magma or if I'm running GA I go just the first 4 or or the first 3 to maximize if needed.
    Not specially well modded but I'm getting them up slowly.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    When facing NS, Shore is a must. When facing other teams, I prefer Stormtrooper. Why? 30% defense helps but it is his expose on basic when dodged or it fails to crit that makes him useful. Plus the enemy loses tm when they hit him when taunting.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Veers, Starck, Range and Snow are always in my team, after that it depends on the situation:
    If you face NS the question is: Can you outspeed them? Yes - use Magma if not needed for other teams or Storm. No - use Shore to keep your team alive.
    If it's Rebels i prefer Death because of his double tap on his basic with Daze and Stun and the cooldown increase or buff dispel.
    In fact Magma is very good with his turn meter reduction, i use him most of the time in any other game mode.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • ZVeers(L), Stark, snow, range and pick one from storm, death or magma. I like to save shore for my thrawns rejects squad (thrawn lead, RG, shore, TFP and tarkin.) Sounds weak but regularly holds for 6-7 battles for me
  • Range Trooper. Not even a debatable topic imo. I just recently ranked and geared up my Range Trooper. He is an absolute game changer for that Imp Trooper team.
  • Range Trooper. Not even a debatable topic imo. I just recently ranked and geared up my Range Trooper. He is an absolute game changer for that Imp Trooper team.

They turn from "fun" to "sick" with Range.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

Veers, Starck, Snow, DT/Range and Shore/Storm.

For the IPD mission in TB I prefer using stormtrooper over shoretrooper. Against NS with Spirit I'd definately use Shoretrooper to take the initial stun from spirit.

• Range is crazy good. Makes them super deadly and he’s easy(er) to grind than a lot of newer toons - easy kit. I use them on NS with range/shore in tw and 5v GA but it doesn’t work as well for me in 3v3. I think they need the extra bodies to effectively get the Tm train and buffs going (by killing enemies quickly) against a good NS squad.
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    I find zVeers, Snow, Range is decently effective 3v3 but they do really need to be 5 to function properly.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    I find zVeers, Snow, Range is decently effective 3v3 but they do really need to be 5 to function properly.

https://youtu.be/AXXGY-Gr2Vs

i made this video to mock someone who loves Aurra.
    but i use ITs only as 4s actually, and every GA (of 5s) and TW i win with them 4v5 successfully, exactly like this.
    TW/GA Counters Bot - https://discord.gg/jZH44Hb | Discord: SidiousIsPikachu#5768