Notified

do we still get notified about territory wars in game cos there’s at least 3 or 4 members of my guild - me included who’s missed the latest territory war as we were all unaware it was on.

I’m on every day and was completely unaware which is annoying as I have now missed out on rewards
Train Yourself To Let Go Of Everything You Fear To Lose - Yoda.

Replies

• Train Yourself To Let Go Of Everything You Fear To Lose - Yoda.
  • The icon on the side of the screen? And the text in the chat? Still all there. . .
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    I haven't gotten any out-of-game notifications for a while now but that may be something with one of the several software updates my phone has forced on me recently....
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • The icon on the side of the screen? And the text in the chat? Still all there. . .

It hasn’t appeared on quiet a few members of my guild so we’ve all missed it without knowing. If they were going to do that why not make people aware? I even logged onto guild events to see if it was there and there was nothing there either
  • GA and TW need push notifications like Ghosts of Dathomir and Legendary Chimaera to join so people can't forget
  • We only ever hear about this "bug" AFTER the TW starts.

I've never yet seen someone show during signup phase that the TW is not visible in guild events.
  • Stop the game crashing
  • Game crashes so much....smh
  • My car is a SWGOH model..... it won’t stop crashing.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    I highly recommend that some of your guild officers announce the TW signup for the whole guild. Update the banner to remind people. Check the registrations and start tagging players who didn't sign up before the signup period closes.

Occasionally the icon doesn't show up for players and they are unaware. Other players might just get distracted and forget. Ideally, the guild officers will try to help those players (and the guild) by notifying them. You're all in it together, after all.
  • I don't do notifications, but there is the icon on the screen that shows it. And a good guild leader will deploy a message in chat stating to join the TW .
  • I am the guild leader, it wasn’t visible on my screen, it wasn’t until the attack phase had began was I even made aware
  • Ok, so wait. Let's make sure we are clear on this. You are the guild leader, and you didn't know a TW was going on until attack phase?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    We only ever hear about this "bug" AFTER the TW starts.

I've never yet seen someone show during signup phase that the TW is not visible in guild events.

What are you implying my friend? =D
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Crooklad wrote: »
    I am the guild leader, it wasn’t visible on my screen, it wasn’t until the attack phase had began was I even made aware

I'd recommend your officers also support. If an officer had noticed you weren't signed up, they could have told you.

The next TW signup period just started 24 minutes ago. @Crooklad
  • Thanks @jkray622

And yes @KvotheQGBQG2 , there was no indication or comments at all in game that it had began until it was mentioned during the attack phase on discord

How would I know if no one told me
  • There is also an issue with the icon and notification not showing up for players that never close the game and relaunch it.. that may well could have been the issue you were caught by for the last TW
  • Crooklad wrote: »
    Thanks @jkray622

And yes @KvotheQGBQG2 , there was no indication or comments at all in game that it had began until it was mentioned during the attack phase on discord

How would I know if no one told me

I think the disconnect is that you mentioned not knowing about a TW until the attack phase started. Most guilds have a ton of communication during the defense placement phase. At a minimum, guilds typically discuss which teams to put in which zones. The idea that a defense placement phase could pass without any officers giving guidance or any members asking for guidance is foreign to most folks in really active guilds. There's nothing wrong with being a casual guild, but that can result in occasional participation lapses.
  • leef wrote: »
    We only ever hear about this "bug" AFTER the TW starts.

What are you implying my friend? =D

@leef I’m sure you can guess!

I just find it hard to believe that a player who “is on everyday” and “checks guild events” to see if a TW has launched was randomly excluded by a bug. I think it’s more likely that they missed it and don’t have an organised enough guild to chase up those that don’t sign up. Especially since the OP says it’s happened to a few guild members.

That said, we’ve stopped tagging those that don’t signup to our TWs in Discord (guild GP is ~195M). We’ve found matches more enjoyable without some of the less dedicated members signing up.