CLS whiff on phase 1

Tonight I did millions in damage but very little went to nihilus. Some the damage went to counters and not nihilus, but I had nihilus targeted the whole time. What did I mess up?

Replies

• Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    You had Defence Down (gained from hitting him with a basic or counter on a previous move) while hitting him with a basic. Whenever you do that all you do is restore his protection, not actually damage him. It registers as damage in your score but doesn't actually harm his health.
  • Thanks! Is it better to use CLS as a role player vs leader? Or as CLS lead, micro it and watch your basic attacks?
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Presaria wrote: »
    Thanks! Is it better to use CLS as a role player vs leader? Or as CLS lead, micro it and watch your basic attacks?

Rebels are just really bad against Nihilus. It's best to not use him in that phase - wait for phase 2.
  • Presaria wrote: »
    Tonight I did millions in damage but very little went to nihilus. Some the damage went to counters and not nihilus, but I had nihilus targeted the whole time. What did I mess up?

You attacked P1 instead of p3 where he does 100% damage and can solo the phase.