Phoenix jedi or rebels lv59

I know phoenix is amazing early game but I don't understand why they are incapable of killing teams with no synergies like teams of vader talia jc and 2 others like tarkin and boba

I have all 4* g4 phoenix members

My rebel team is phoenix plus ackbar 4* g2 like farmby 4* g4 and leia 3* g4 nearly 4*

My jedi team is ezra and kanan both 4* g4 jc 3* g4 qui gon 2* g2 3 or 4 nearly 3* and mace windu 4* g2

I was wondering if I should continue to boost one of my factions or if I should start on factions like FO or resistance or empire I know you need phoenix for thrawn and can use phoenix for palpatine but in squad arena phoenix squadron aren't doing anything. If it is a good idea I can start an empire faction with vader when I unlock him tarkin tie fighter pilot imperial guard and 1 other that I'm not sure if I have. Or should I just wait for thrawn and palp.

Thanks

Replies

• Most F2P players switch from Phoenix to Empire in the arena after unlocking Palpatine and Thrawn. But since you already have a full Jedi squad, which will help you unlock GMY once you've 7-starred them, I'd run Jedi under Qui-Gon lead in the arena for now and farm Bastila. With her lead, you can easily make the top 50.

On a pre-Revan arena shard, Bastila-led Jedi and Nightsisters are usually the top teams. Bastila Fallen allows Palpatine teams to close the gap, but she's on node DS 7-A. It'll take Empire / Sith users a while to get there. And a Bastila team can still win against Palp + BastilaF on offense. So unless you went for Nightsisters right from the start, Bastila is the best pre-Revan arena option.
  • OK thanks where should I Farm bastilla?
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    OK thanks where should I Farm bastilla?
    Bastilia is on Dark Side 5-B and Fleet 2-D
  • 4* and gear level 4 is nothing. Keep going. 6* and gl 10 minimal. It will pay off
  • Honestly, if you're really at gear levels 4 you need to stop everything else that you are doing and immediately farm gear for your phoenix team. They should be close to G7 by level 50, and by level 60 you should be a mix of G7/G8. If you are at G4 that is absolutely why you are losing to random no-synergy teams.
    Also, based on you being above level 50, you need to farm mods, if you aren't already. Speed is king, especially where mods are concerned, and you should strive to at a minimum have speed arrows on everyone and mods with speed secondaries on whoever you can. And the best part about mods is you can swap them to other toons once you gear them. At your level, you should have at least one or two sets that can give a toon +50-60 speed to be competitive in the arena (recommend fastest mods for Ezra, as he's your main damage dealer).
  • Honestly, if you're really at gear levels 4 you need to stop everything else that you are doing and immediately farm gear for your phoenix team. They should be close to G7 by level 50, and by level 60 you should be a mix of G7/G8. If you are at G4 that is absolutely why you are losing to random no-synergy teams.
    Also, based on you being above level 50, you need to farm mods, if you aren't already. Speed is king, especially where mods are concerned, and you should strive to at a minimum have speed arrows on everyone and mods with speed secondaries on whoever you can. And the best part about mods is you can swap them to other toons once you gear them. At your level, you should have at least one or two sets that can give a toon +50-60 speed to be competitive in the arena (recommend fastest mods for Ezra, as he's your main damage dealer).

ok but where should i farm gear? Plus i'm almost in the mid-game so phoenix isn't as viable and i know they are used for thrawn and can be used for palpatine. i thought that when you got to mid-game phoenix weren't a good as other factions like the jedi. plus if i farm them i can get grand master yoda.

thanks for your help. :)
  • Focus on 7 staring your Phoenix team. Once they have 7 stars, max out there gear. Maybe even do it simultaneously. I used Phoenix to unlock Thrawn and Palpatine. Then Thrawn, Palpatine and Vader to unlock R2. Then a New Hope Rebel Crew to unlock CLS. And on the plus side like you noted Kanan and Ezra are Jedi that can be used to unlock GMY.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Honestly, if you're really at gear levels 4 you need to stop everything else that you are doing and immediately farm gear for your phoenix team. They should be close to G7 by level 50, and by level 60 you should be a mix of G7/G8. If you are at G4 that is absolutely why you are losing to random no-synergy teams.

ok but where should i farm gear? Plus i'm almost in the mid-game so phoenix isn't as viable and i know they are used for thrawn and can be used for palpatine. i thought that when you got to mid-game phoenix weren't a good as other factions like the jedi. plus if i farm them i can get grand master yoda.

Usually we reccomend to stay on phoenix til you are ready to pick up thrawn that's around gear 8 or 9.

As to where to do farm gear usually you get a lot of the better gear in guild raids and farm what you need to farm with energy with energy.
  • Kieran173825
    12 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Naraic wrote: »
    Honestly, if you're really at gear levels 4 you need to stop everything else that you are doing and immediately farm gear for your phoenix team. They should be close to G7 by level 50, and by level 60 you should be a mix of G7/G8. If you are at G4 that is absolutely why you are losing to random no-synergy teams.

Usually we reccomend to stay on phoenix til you are ready to pick up thrawn that's around gear 8 or 9.

As to where to do farm gear usually you get a lot of the better gear in guild raids and farm what you need to farm with energy with energy.

Ok.
    Post edited by Kieran173825 on
  • Dukstarr
    15 posts Member
    Do you have a guild? We have a secondary guild that is backed by a highly experienced 148Mil GP guild. Would love to help you develop. We are actively looking for players wanted to grow.
  • thanks for your help i have a 6* star phoenix but zeb and hera are 7* thy are between g6 and g7
  • thanks for your help i have a 6* star phoenix but zeb and hera are 7* thy are between g6 and g7

Just for some perspective, to unlock 7* Thrawn your Phoneix team has to be about 70k GP minimum. That means 5 of them(people usually do it without Sabine) have to be 7* and at LEAST g8, with at lease a couple of them around g10.

I know it seems like you're ready to move on from them, but this game is long and grindy(as I'm sure you know). Having them land you a 7 star Thrawn and Palpatine will be huge in the long run. Plus, after you're done with the events they will be great for things like TW/GA defense and are required for some special missions in TB, so they will still be utilized after you've moved on to building stronger teams.
  • OK thanks I'm still farming them they're all 7* except sabine who's 5 or 6. Ezra is g7 kanan and hera are g8 and zeb and chopper are g7 too. I cant beat the tier 6 of thrawn tho but I'm not sure how to mot them anyway i think that's why they keep losing
  • This is all fine.

Even without having Thrawn at 7* you can still start gearing him. The best situation for getting Thrawn is to have him fracture Kanan. You put Hera's revive on him and then everyone else is on offense. It's not actually bad to put a lot of gear on Phoenix, especially Kanan (for survivability) and Ezra (for offense) because they are both Jedi and will fit into your Bastilla Jedi squad if you need them AND the Phoenix ships are great, but require every single Phoenix toon to be geared up as much as possible. So don't worry you're spending too much gear on them - in the long run it pays off in Ships even if not in toon to toon combat.

As for modding for the Thrawn event,
    boost Kanan's survivability as much as possible, but he can be as slow as dirt and his damage doesn't matter. His mods are the easiest to come by and can be of the lowest quality since you're going to be depending mostly on the set bonuses and primaries. If you have any choices in stats after boosting survivability, Potency and Tenacity are worth a bit of investment, but don't stress about either one. You'll probably be restarting until Thrawn chooses to fracture Kanan and his potency and tenacity matter very little at that point. Really, Kanan is there to provide a passive bonus to every other character's counter-attack chance, not to do anything himself.

Zeb gives bonus protection to the other Phoenix toons based on his own protection, so getting his protection up as high as possible is very useful, but offense should be second to that. This usually means CC/Offense or CC/CD set bonus but Protection primaries on your Cross and Triangle. Ideally you'd like some speed secondaries on there as well. Getting Zeb to 150-165 speed shouldn't be too hard and will help. If you can get some extra Potency, that's helpful for landing Daze and preventing Thrawn's counter-attacks. I didn't really worry about it though. Still, if you don't have a cross mod with protection primary, a Potency primary is the clear 2nd-best choice.

Ezra's first priority is damage (either CC/CD or CC/Offense) and second priority is speed secondaries. You want Ezra's speed over185 for sure, over 190 if you can swing it. I think when I finally succeeded he was about 204, but you can do it with less. If you have a chance to give Ezra more offense or Critical Chance but it sacrifices a couple of points of speed, do that unless it would take your Ezra below 185-190. Potency is irrelevant and with luck they'll be going after your tanks so survivability and and tenacity will also be very low priority.

Hera's first and only priority should be speed: If she's the fastest on your team, you can actually get the resurrection buff up on multiple characters at the same time. Over 200 is definitely what you want. Over 220 is ideal. Yes, she'll be squishy, but you'll have two tanks and you get to restart the event as many times as you like to make sure Thrawn attacks Kanan. Survivability and Potency are preferable to anything else if speed stays the same, but honestly she's a toon where (just for the purposes of this event) I wouldn't even worry about set bonuses if you have a random mix of high speed secondaries that will get you more speed than a speed set. Sacrifice everything for speed on Hera and then use her Resurrection to make your tanks unkillable so that her Expose debuff and Zeb and Ezra's attacks can do the killing.

Chopper's mods are ones about which you'll probably find the most disagreement, but I like Tenacity because if he's dazed he's not providing his assist - remember that whenever he assists, he also grants a random buff to a random ally. What you really want are Offense UP and Speed UP on Ezra, but you're going to need lots of luck or lots of counter-attacks before you get that, so spending on Tenacity to help make sure you don't get cheated out of those counter-attacks is a good idea. Speed also helps Chopper, since he has a an ability to dispel the other side's taunts and you'll need that (and also because he spreads his buff on his own turn as well, if he uses his basic, so getting more turns is good even though he's going to attack a lot more with assists and counters than he ever does using his basic on his own turn). But that said, I would rather boost Chopper's offense than his speed since he does get so many assists and counters - why not make them actually do some damage? It's been so long I don't remember struggling to boost speed on Chop so I don't have a clear memory of the speed he ended up at during my successful run. Probably 170-175-ish, but that's just a guess. He was faster than Zeb and slower than Ezra is all I remember for sure.