Connection Error

Hello,

I have been playing Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes, and have come acrossed a connection error. It happened just when I finished Mod Table, Battle 3-C.

I went to check the internet on my iPad to check if the connection problem was on my internet too, but when I returned to the game, it had refreshed and returned to the Cantina, and not only was Battle 3-C not accomplished, but I didn’t received the rewards I was supposed to earned.

Is there anything that needs to be do to rectify this? If. It, is there any compensation for this unfortunate situation?

Hope to hear from you.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    You can contact EA Help, through the in game help button, I'm not sure what they will do, but they may be able to offer you some minor compensation.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    You can contact EA Help, through the in game help button, I'm not sure what they will do, but they may be able to offer you some minor compensation.

What do you mean by “minor compensation”?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    FMAChet wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

They some times offer small amounts of crystals, but that is not a guarantee.
  • FMAChet
    17 posts Member
    edited April 2019

They some times offer small amounts of crystals, but that is not a guarantee.

Well after the effort I gave trying to finish Battle 3-C, I should at least receive a few crystals for being literally cheated out of the rewards I was supposed to get for beating Battle 3-C.

EDIT: Apparently there doesn’t seem to be anything that covers my problem. What should I list this problem as? How do I contact the EA staff about this?
  • Apparently there doesn’t seem to be anything that covers my problem. What should I list this problem as? How do I contact the EA staff about this?
  • Does anyone know how to deal with this? Sorry for triple posting, but I am at wit’s end, and this is my first problem that I have encountered with this game.

Hope that anyone can help me with this.
  • What are the choices?
  • What are the choices?

I’m afraid I do not understand your point. What are you saying?

Is there a way to contact the EA staff that I was cheated due to a connection error?

• You said there wasn't anything to cover your problem. I assumed there wasn't a category on the help button that fit your need. Have you tried the in game help button?
  • You said there wasn't anything to cover your problem. I assumed there wasn't a category on the help button that fit your need. Have you tried the in game help button?

I did. Is there any other way that I can contact the EA staff about this? After all, I did finished that battle fair and square, only to get cheated by a connection error. It’s only fair that I get the rewards I earned, or a compensation reward.
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    If it wasn't accomplished, that means you should still be able to get the rewards doesn't it?
  • CHFC22 wrote: »
    If it wasn't accomplished, that means you should still be able to get the rewards doesn't it?

I know what I saw, I finished Battle 3-C of the Mod battle, only for the game to have connection error. Therefore, when I finished that battle, I should have earned the rewards.
  • OP, how long have you been playing SWGOH?
  • OP, how long have you been playing SWGOH?

For a month.

May I ask how does this have anything to do with my problem?

• CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    CHFC22 wrote: »

I know what I saw, I finished Battle 3-C of the Mod battle, only for the game to have connection error. Therefore, when I finished that battle, I should have earned the rewards.

I'm not commenting on what you saw - you said that the mission showed as not accomplished even though you completed it. That being the case, just do it again and you'll get the rewards.

I'm not commenting on what you saw - you said that the mission showed as not accomplished even though you completed it. That being the case, just do it again and you'll get the rewards.

I didn’t tried to finish that battle only to have to try to get 3 stars for it, again, and try to get the rewards I was supposed to get, again, only because I was cheated by a connection error.

It is only fair that a I should get the rewards I earned, or get a compensation reward.

• CHFC22
    732 posts Member

I didn’t tried to finish that battle only to have to try to get 3 stars for it, again, and try to get the rewards I was supposed to get, again, only because I was cheated by a connection error.

It is only fair that a I should get the rewards I earned, or get a compensation reward.

So you're asking to be compensated for the time you spent completing it? And the 10 mod energy of course.

Good luck with that!

So you're asking to be compensated for the time you spent completing it? And the 10 mod energy of course.

Good luck with that!

No offense, but I did nothing wrong to deserve that. I asked for help with dealing with this problem, not to be disrespected.

• CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    I've not been rude. Little bit of sass but you've been bringing that yourself so thought I'd respond in kind.

I'm trying to give you some perspective - you haven't lost out on any rewards if it's showing as incomplete still. You may not want to have to redo it, but that doesn't mean you've lost out on anything. It's a separate issue.

By all means try and find a way to claim compensation, and you might have someone take pity on you, but anything you do get I suspect will be equivalent to what you've lost out on, which is the short time it took to complete the battle and the 10 mod energy.
    I've not been rude. Little bit of sass but you've been bringing that yourself so thought I'd respond in kind.

I'm trying to give you some perspective - you haven't lost out on any rewards if it's showing as incomplete still. You may not want to have to redo it, but that doesn't mean you've lost out on anything. It's a separate issue.

By all means try and find a way to claim compensation, and you might have someone take pity on you, but anything you do get I suspect will be equivalent to what you've lost out on, which is the short time it took to complete the battle and the 10 mod energy.

As I said, I asked for help. I did not came here for a confrontation, or any disrespect. As the old saying goes, two wrongs do not make a right.

Would you know what subject this problem would listed as, as a bug problem? Or technical issues?

• CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    Just log it and it'll be put in the right queue if needs be by someone at their end. Your problem is going to be proving a negative
    Just log it and it'll be put in the right queue if needs be by someone at their end. Your problem is going to be proving a negative

And how exactly do I log it? And who knows if that problem is only one time? It may happened multiple times. There should be something that the EA Staff has when dealing with that kind of problem eg. Giving the supposed rewards that was earned, or a compensation reward.
  • OP, I ask how long you've been playing to get an idea of how crucial rewards from mod battle 3-C are to you.
    I cannot offer any suggestions beyond what has already been posted, but I hope things are resolved to your satisfaction.
  • OP, I ask how long you've been playing to get an idea of how crucial rewards from mod battle 3-C are to you.
    I cannot offer any suggestions beyond what has already been posted, but I hope things are resolved to your satisfaction.

I don’t recall any problem like this has ever been address, unless I am wrong. Hence why I’m here asking how to address this problem to the EA staff.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    It’s also relevant to the fact that you think this is a one time thing. Connection errors and various bugs like the buttons just disappearing so you can’t finish a fight happen all the time. The latter is a game issue that has never been resolved; the connection issue is often on the user’s end. Either way, if you take it this seriously every time, you’re going to have a bad time with this game.
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    It’s also relevant to the fact that you think this is a one time thing. Connection errors and various bugs like the buttons just disappearing so you can’t finish a fight happen all the time. The latter is a game issue that has never been resolved; the connection issue is often on the user’s end. Either way, if you take it this seriously every time, you’re going to have a bad time with this game.

Correct. You're going to lose your mind when it crashes during your last arena battle of the day, or on a decisive GA battle.
  • With all due respect, you two are overlooking one simple question, what should I list this problem as when I contact the EA staff? A big? Or technical problems?

That’s all I’m asking.

No confrontations, no disrespect from any members, just a answer to the question I asked.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    EA Help is the only direction for problems of this nature. They deal with the cases on more of a one on one basis.

I suggest you pick the case type that most closely corresponds to the issue at hand.

This discussion has been closed.