Padme Amidala Event Requirements [MEGA]

Replies

• After all the Revan mess I decided to close my wallet. I never cared for Padme in the movies...and certainly don’t care about her ingame.

With that being said I’ll try to get her cause I never miss out on these events...but if for some reason I don’t get her(because the 2 latest droids were just added to nodes)...and if those droids may be needed then I’ll just settle for getting her later. Meta or not...I found the best way to get a company’s attention is to either not spend or take my business elsewhere.
  • 4-5 grand and the rest lol
  • I'm just disappointed that they used the wrong costume
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    We’re all speculating, but my guess on “arduous” would be that it means either high gear or a long fight, possibly with a gimmick like Malak’s where you can’t just auto your way through it.

A task that’s arduous is different than one that’s difficult. Difficult means it will be hard to complete. Arduous means it’ll take time and work. So I expect higher gear, since that’s time, and a gimmick since that’s work.
    Maxx121312 wrote: »
    Didn’t they say DS geoTB first?

Allegedly. Someone said someone else asked CG at their booth at the thing that just happened and that was the response, but it’s important to remember that scuttlebutt isn’t something you want to pin your hopes on.

My guess is that by arduous they mean the entire faction would be most beneficial, but you could attempt it with any 5. Keep in mind there will be 15 wave (guess) to battle through, so participating vs completing will be vastly different

I wish there would be 15 waves, Asajj would get a nice boost!

But the boost only lasts until the end of each of the encounters.

All waves are part of the same encounter. If the poster meant 15 tiers, I have no idea why anyone would think that when all legendaries have had 7 (one per star).
  • Liath wrote: »
    We’re all speculating, but my guess on “arduous” would be that it means either high gear or a long fight, possibly with a gimmick like Malak’s where you can’t just auto your way through it.

A task that’s arduous is different than one that’s difficult. Difficult means it will be hard to complete. Arduous means it’ll take time and work. So I expect higher gear, since that’s time, and a gimmick since that’s work.

Allegedly. Someone said someone else asked CG at their booth at the thing that just happened and that was the response, but it’s important to remember that scuttlebutt isn’t something you want to pin your hopes on.

My guess is that by arduous they mean the entire faction would be most beneficial, but you could attempt it with any 5. Keep in mind there will be 15 wave (guess) to battle through, so participating vs completing will be vastly different

All waves are part of the same encounter. If the poster meant 15 tiers, I have no idea why anyone would think that when all legendaries have had 7 (one per star).

Wait, really? I always thought each wave was a separate encounter since Han takes his bonus at the start of each wave.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    I feel like the folks who are genuinely mad that there's no midriff are mad because it was the first and last times they ever saw one.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

Wait, really? I always thought each wave was a separate encounter since Han takes his bonus at the start of each wave.

Different things are treated differently for this purpose, but for example, ability cooldowns do not reset for each wave. I am pretty damage stacking abilities continue to stack. Somebody mentioned last night that there were multiple waves vs Thrawn to allow Ezra’s to build up.
  • jfears2
    185 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    After all the Revan mess I decided to close my wallet. I never cared for Padme in the movies...and certainly don’t care about her ingame.

I'm surprised no one beat me to this...

73huylr821ix.jpg

I've never spent on this game and probably never will, I still enjoy getting most of the legendary and journey characters the second time around.. Hoping to get this one at least to 5 stars the first time around, like you said though without the last two droids who knows.
    I feel like the folks who are genuinely mad that there's no midriff are mad because it was the first and last times they ever saw one.

What do you mean, I can look at mine anytime I want to...
    You can probably assume the majority of what I post is sarcasm, feel free to skip and move along rather than reading...
  • Liath wrote: »

Different things are treated differently for this purpose, but for example, ability cooldowns do not reset for each wave. I am pretty damage stacking abilities continue to stack. Somebody mentioned last night that there were multiple waves vs Thrawn to allow Ezra’s to build up.

Ezra’s unique lasts until he’s defeated, not the end of the encounter. So that makes sense.
  • Larx wrote: »
    Ok, so does anyone really think that Padme will be ne the new META?

I dont think this event will be that hard. She will be just a nice addition to the roster.
    Maybe interesting for GA 3v3

Because we all know, that JarJar is incoming....and after that there will be Council JarJar and dont forget Darth JarJar. THATs the new META!

This would be a way to implement the rock-paper-scissors element of squad arena that CG mentioned if Galactic Republic would beat Darth Revan, Darth Revan beat Jedi Knight Revan and Jedi Knight Revan beat Galactic Republic. I can see them adjusting Righteous Fury on Anakin so that it only works with Galactic Republic allies diminishing his effectiveness on a Jedi Knight Revan team somewhat. The fifth for the Galactic Republic would likely be a reworked Mace based off of the enemy team for the Legendary event. That would still allow you to use both teams in Grand Arena as you could run Padme/Anakin/Ahsoka/Kenobi/Mace and then Jedi Knight Revan/Grandmaster Yoda/Bastilla/Jolee/Juhani (or Hermit Yoda if not running a tank).
  • CosmicJ
    348 posts Member
    Which kotor game did padme appear in?
  • Piewalker
    200 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    CosmicJ wrote: »
    Which kotor game did padme appear in?

Knights Of The Old midRifflic(k)
  • I'm just disappointed that they used the wrong costume

We all are @Kookermader ... we all are... ;)
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • lovemat
    270 posts Member
    Lol does anyone seriously care about this event? It’s so random
    Random ? How is it so random ? Clone wars is returning later this year. Focus on clone wars era this quarter and likely the following quarter. And she has been conspicuously missing from game
  • Riffinator wrote: »
    exile038 wrote: »
    Riffinator wrote: »
    I hope they put a 25000 power requirement on this.

Why?

So CG an get their 4-5 grand from the players

You do realize that 25000 is more than a maxed out 5 ability 2 zeta toon

I am aware. Just referencing a conversation carrie had with someone on twitter
  • 0lg779da66n3.jpeg

Who’s that Jedi on the far left?

Mace is going to be OP here

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Nahdar_Vebb
  • Obviously she will team well with Anakin GK Ahsoka.

It is disappointing they announce this without specifics of requirements.

Bariss and Lumi were often with her at points right?

They are waiting to announce the requirements until we get closer to the event. Don't want too many people to be prepared to unlock Padme 1st wave
  • Zader447
    5 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I dont want Padme. I want the Cantina Band!😂
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Zader447 wrote: »
    I dont want Padme. I want the Cantina Band!😂

Max Rebo, Sy Snootles and Droopy McCool ftw! :lol:

Edit: wait... wrong one. Lol :joy:
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    edited April 2019

Why?

That conversation is widely known about now, and as I take it, quite misinterpreted.
  • Nihion wrote: »

Why?

That conversation is widely known about now, and as I take it, quite misinterpreted.

Yes ^^

And she talked about basically how there’s no winning in her position from whales and then ftp.

The reference here was a question of how much would it take to catch up as a new player. And people took it as that’s how much she wants everyone to spend lol
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    The reference here was a question of how much would it take to catch up as a new player. And people took it as that’s how much she wants everyone to spend lol

The question also has a false premise. New players don't compete with old players, so they don't have to catch up. I've got 4.2m gp, someone starting today will never see me. That's why leaderboards are separated out and never merged or otherwise shaken up.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    The question also has a false premise. New players don't compete with old players, so they don't have to catch up. I've got 4.2m gp, someone starting today will never see me. That's why leaderboards are separated out and never merged or otherwise shaken up.
    Yeah, the "catching up" question has always annoyed the carp out of me.
    Still not a he.
  • Jar Jar Binks Special zeta: upon death, Jar Jar returns as a Force Ghost and annoys the other team into submission. Reduces accuracy 50%, reduces protection 50% and reduces interest in the game by 100%.

n0bjw7ausffj.gif
  • Notice it said tenacious in the description. Tenacity skill Base?
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Yeah, the "catching up" question has always annoyed the carp out of me.

I don't know, but I always assumed that "catching up" meant catching up with the game, not with other players? I.e. what it would take to get in a position where the new player could aspire to unlock new legendaries at first launch?
  • Piewalker
    200 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Second time round’s do-able as FTP. I take it all back. Just unlocked Malak. 😀
    Post edited by Piewalker on
  • You'll probably need all the bugs at gear 12 7* with 6dot mods
  • Greeneya33 wrote: »
    Lol does anyone seriously care about this event? It’s so random

I care. Padme is my favorite female SW character.

mine too. care alot more about this then c3po or Chewy.

.....how old are you? Asking for a friend. Preferring a terribly written, terribly acted goof of a character to two movie icons (yes movie, not just Star Wars) blows my mind. But I guess to each their own 🤷🏼‍♂️.
This discussion has been closed.