Thanks for amazing weekly store this week!

2Next

Replies

• Also to note I bought both the eyeballs and stun guns. I for one think they were both good deals. I have more than enough credits on hand and a ton of ally points so... why not? Instead of having to wait for forever to get 10 eyeballs and 20 stun gun salvage from the shard shop, I got both immediately in a second. From where I’m from that’s called a no brainer. :tongue:
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Buy stun guns with ally points. Thank you so much!

ii9tjaztjdi6.png

But 100,000....too high imo
  • Luniz wrote: »
    Its totally worth. The incorrect assumption that people are making is that stun guns are always available in the shard shop.

Thank you! At least this guy gets it! :smiley:
    Any gear pops up in the shop randomly. It’s called rng. The weekly shipment is guaranteed and immediate. No need to wonder if the gear you need is gonna magically pop up or not in the shard store when you’re on and having to wait for it. You get it now from weekly shipment. That’s the benefit of buying it.

I’ll buy the gear from the weekly shipment and y’all can just wait on the shard store. Lets see who gets the gear faster... ;) lol
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    I'd do it for 50k ally points, but 100k really does seem like too much, even for coveted stun gun salvage.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Going back to my earlier comment about unlimited resources, if you're sitting on 1m ally points, sure maybe it's worth speeding up the farm. I'm guessing 99% of the player base isn't in that situation.

I have 150k and it would be a complete waste of 2/3rds of that.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Clearly buying 400 bronze packs gives you literally hundreds of shards for the shard shop which can be converted into thousands of shard shop currency then u can purchase stun guns 6 for 186 each using that currency u just need 4 buys of guns in shard shop to make individual packs the best route
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    TVF wrote: »
    Going back to my earlier comment about unlimited resources, if you're sitting on 1m ally points, sure maybe it's worth speeding up the farm. I'm guessing 99% of the player base isn't in that situation.

2d9a8utwz8e3.jpeg

Edit: that total is even after buying the stun guns. lol
  • KyJoe_Cool wrote: »
    You are playing right into their hand. CG wants you to spend your Ally points.

...And how does that benefit them exactly?

Not too hard to figure out. They don't like hoarding of currency of any type. I'd say they have a plan with Ally points in the future, they've done it before. Depleting as many stashes as possible makes the currency more valuable so when they use it for something down the road it will be feel more exclusive to those who have the currency. 100k for stun gun salvage is a steep price. But if you are desperate for it go for it. It is after all your currency.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    KyJoe_Cool wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

2d9a8utwz8e3.jpeg

Edit: that total is even after buying the stun guns. lol

Congrats on being the 1% I mentioned.

• q8mym128gfvd.png

1% my rear end. Most of my guild is sitting on the same as me
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Deleted. I give up.
  • what’s the amount of gear you’ve got out of the shard shop got to do with incorrectly stating that only 1% of players have substantial ally points?
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    I have over 1.5m ally points.. useless currency and happy for this sort of deal
  • 100k for 20 stun guns is too expensive. It's better to spend them on bronziums. More shard shop currency, useless toons you won't have to farm for platoons (urorrurrurr 75/100 only with bronziums), low level gear that you won't have to farm... All advantages.
  • Tygra
    123 posts Member
    It took me a couple of days to finally have 100k Ally points to buy this. The Weekly Shipments has slowly turned into the whale store. I know whatever the Ally point item is next week, I will not be able to get it. So now I will just look forward to 1 credit item from the store a week and occasional crystal purchase. I think they need to put the ally point rewards back into the daily activities.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    100k for 20 stun guns is too expensive. It's better to spend them on bronziums. More shard shop currency, useless toons you won't have to farm for platoons (urorrurrurr 75/100 only with bronziums), low level gear that you won't have to farm... All advantages.

Those useless characters are only an advantage if you haven’t already finished farming every character that drops from bronziums. Now if they would expand the pool of characters there (and in GW drops), that would be nice.
  • DroidsURLooking4
    365 posts Member
    edited April 2019

If I were forced to guess, I'd say roughly 2 hours and 38 minutes from the time of the screenshot. Idk though, it's all a cosmic mystery.

Ahh, yes, the cosmic mystery of the space-time continuum. This reminds me of this one time back in 'Nam. We had just started our patrol near the Cambodian border (we definitely WEREN'T in Cambodia... wink wink nod nod), and we had stopped on the edge of a paddy. It was a bright, starlit night without a cloud in the sky. Visibility under the near-full moon was perfect if you were sitting in an ambush spot across the paddy with a couple crew-served weapons, waiting for a squad of Joes to cross the muck under the moonlight. So no--the clear night was not good for us.

Our Squad Leader, Jimmy "Fish" Frye, brought the team to a halt and we formed a security perimeter. While the Team Leaders went into the middle of the perimeter to work out the plan with Fish, my buddy Cale and I covered our sector. After a few minutes, I heard a low rumble off in the distance. I wasn't sure if it was thunder in a far-off front moving in, the landing of mortar rounds away in the distance, or something worse like the growl of a large jungle cat stalking us. Within seconds I smelled what seemed to be a combination of burnt coffee, roquefort cheese, and poo. I whispered over to Cale to see if he smelled it, and he whispered back... "Uhh, yeah, that was me...." Through the pale moonlight, I could see Cale's face. He was visibly distraught.

It appeared that Cale was well on his way towards soiling himself. Now, while outside the wire, things happen and nature calls. It's a part of life. But in this particular case, nature wasn't just calling for Cale. Nature was a hollerin' at him at a fever pitch. I had some spare paper in my pack, and asked Cale if he needed it. He replied with the affirmative. However, Cale had hustled me the day before for a carton of smokes during a rigged Euchre game, and I was still salty about it. Now, normally, a few squares of sanitary tissue would never be worth a carton of smokes (unless they were soggy Lucky Strikes). Nobody would ever fork over perfectly good smokes for some unused toilet tissue. It would be considered quite the ripoff. However, in this case, I had the upper hand and wanted to win back the remains of my carton. In this particular moment, Cale needed to clean himself up more than he needed the smokes, and a deal was struck--four sheets of toilet tissue in exchange for each pack of Marlboro reds.

Sometimes, nature calls and we need to answer it on the spot. Instead of rolling the dice and seeing if Cale could make it back to camp, he spent his "hard-earned" smokes for something he needed immediately. That was totally his call to make, and he had good reason to make it. Under the right circumstances, even the most ridiculous of transactions may have underlying reason and merit. And he was able to clean up sufficiently where I didn't have to hold my nose walking behind him back to camp.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member

If I were forced to guess, I'd say roughly 2 hours and 38 minutes from the time of the screenshot. Idk though, it's all a cosmic mystery.

Ahh, yes, the cosmic mystery of the space-time continuum. This reminds me of this one time back in 'Nam. We had just started our patrol near the Cambodian border (we definitely WEREN'T in Cambodia... wink wink nod nod), and we had stopped on the edge of a paddy. It was a bright, starlit night without a cloud in the sky. Visibility under the near-full moon was perfect if you were sitting in an ambush spot across the paddy with a couple crew-served weapons, waiting for a squad of Joes to cross the muck under the moonlight. So no--the clear night was not good for us.

Our Squad Leader, Jimmy "Fish" Frye, brought the team to a halt and we formed a security perimeter. While the Team Leaders went into the middle of the perimeter to work out the plan with Fish, my buddy Cale and I covered our sector. After a few minutes, I heard a low rumble off in the distance. I wasn't sure if it was thunder in a far-off front moving in, the landing of mortar rounds away in the distance, or something worse like the growl of a large jungle cat stalking us. Within seconds I smelled what seemed to be a combination of burnt coffee, roquefort cheese, and poo. I whispered over to Cale to see if he smelled it, and he whispered back... "Uhh, yeah, that was me...." Through the pale moonlight, I could see Cale's face. He was visibly distraught.

It appeared that Cale was well on his way towards soiling himself. Now, while outside the wire, things happen and nature calls. It's a part of life. But in this particular case, nature wasn't just calling for Cale. Nature was a hollerin' at him at a fever pitch. I had some spare paper in my pack, and asked Cale if he needed it. He replied with the affirmative. However, Cale had hustled me the day before for a carton of smokes during a rigged Euchre game, and I was still salty about it. Now, normally, a few squares of sanitary tissue would never be worth a carton of smokes (unless they were soggy Lucky Strikes). Nobody would ever fork over perfectly good smokes for some unused toilet tissue. It would be considered quite the ripoff. However, in this case, I had the upper hand and wanted to win back the remains of my carton. In this particular moment, Cale needed to clean himself up more than he needed the smokes, and a deal was struck--four sheets of toilet tissue in exchange for each pack of Marlboro reds.

Sometimes, nature calls and we need to answer it on the spot. Instead of rolling the dice and seeing if Cale could make it back to camp, he spent his "hard-earned" smokes for something he needed immediately. That was totally his call to make, and he had good reason to make it. Under the right circumstances, even the most ridiculous of transactions may have underlying reason and merit. And he was able to clean up sufficiently where I didn't have to hold my nose walking behind him back to camp.

Well said.
  • 100k for 20 stun guns is too expensive. It's better to spend them on bronziums. More shard shop currency, useless toons you won't have to farm for platoons (urorrurrurr 75/100 only with bronziums), low level gear that you won't have to farm... All advantages.

While it's true that the rewards for bronziums are likely better...I personally have no desire to spend that kind of time so the weekky shipments are a nice compromise.

~Morningfrost