Can The Zeta Situation Be Improved?

Replies

• Your nuts if u think it's 50 percent I've gotten one out of a possible 72 I'm not that great at math but I'm sure not even close
  • I need gold mats. I can tolerate the slow drip of zetas but I've got forty in the since I last applied one and I have 11 gold mats. 11. It's crazy how they seem to be rarer than the **** zetas
  • What older players don’t realize is that this is a huge issue for newer players. Newer players have no way of going back and doing older zetas. There is no possible way to catch up. Newer players can keep pace (maybe) with all the new stuff that comes out but they will never be able to go back and do ones like Maul, Thrawn, etc.

I’m a whale that started November 2017. I’m usually considered a newer player. I get first in fleet every day and always have since just about the first day I could do fleet battles. I still don’t have any zetas on CLS. Not even it binds all things. The new releases take every zeta I get. I have 44 zetas total. I will NEVER be able to go back and zeta older characters if they keep up this pace of releasing characters with zetas or if they don’t increase the amount of zetas we can get. I’d be perfectly happy buying them if they offered that.

Something has to change or you cripple newer players. I can’t even imagine someone starting the game today.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    What older players don’t realize is that this is a huge issue for newer players. Newer players have no way of going back and doing older zetas. There is no possible way to catch up. Newer players can keep pace (maybe) with all the new stuff that comes out but they will never be able to go back and do ones like Maul, Thrawn, etc.

I’m a whale that started November 2017. I’m usually considered a newer player. I get first in fleet every day and always have since just about the first day I could do fleet battles. I still don’t have any zetas on CLS. Not even it binds all things. The new releases take every zeta I get. I have 44 zetas total. I will NEVER be able to go back and zeta older characters if they keep up this pace of releasing characters with zetas or if they don’t increase the amount of zetas we can get. I’d be perfectly happy buying them if they offered that.

Something has to change or you cripple newer players. I can’t even imagine someone starting the game today.

A lot of the older players that have those zetas want them back because they have little use for them anymore, but they still count in their GP. You have the advantage of only having zetas that are recently relevant.
  • I’d definitely take a couple thousand gp hit to be able to zeta things like It Binds All Things on CLS or trooper zetas.
  • rdufield wrote: »
    Your nuts if u think it's 50 percent I've gotten one out of a possible 72 I'm not that great at math but I'm sure not even close

Each day the zeta challenge is available, you get 2 tries. Each try drops 0, 1, or 2 zeta mats. So each challenge day you can get up to 4 mats.

We are not saying that each of those mats has a 50% chance to drop (which would be an average of 2/challenge. The person who said that 50% probably meant you average 0.5 mats per sim (so 1 total/challenge) or 0.5 mats per challenge.

In my experience, they probably meant 1/challenge. I usually get 1 on each challenge day, sometimes 0, sometimes 2. I used to have dry spells with 0 in 2 weeks, but not in a long time. And your luck probably has been bad, but not as bad as 1 in 6 weeks. It's very hard to remember exact numbers that far back.
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    I'll work with the team for what we can do here but in the short term, I'm thinking maybe something around May 4
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    I'll work with the team for what we can do here but in the short term, I'm thinking maybe something around May 4

May the 4th be with you Crumb!
  • Sicnyc
    19 posts Member
    My comment below is based on 100% fact.
    I take first place every day in ship arena.
    I win four out of five grand arenas, take second the other.
    My guild wins nine out of ten territory wars.
    I can’t even come close to keeping pace with the amount of zetas needed to complete toons released.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Deleted, misread.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    I hope the omega situation gets better too!
  • I think the zeta situation is fine. Making them too available would be a bad move. These should take a while to get.
  • Please don't make them more available. Zetas are the only level playing field of ftp and ptp. If they add a zeta increase, it'll be because it benefits the whales or increases spending.
    And I'm 2.5m gp, but every zeta I have is exactly where I want it to maximize utility.
  • What's sad is on 5/4 they will probably award everyone a free zeta and the community will still complain.

"Only 1!? There's like... 100 characters I still have to zeta!"
  • Ikky2win wrote: »
    What older players don’t realize is that this is a huge issue for newer players. Newer players have no way of going back and doing older zetas. There is no possible way to catch up. Newer players can keep pace (maybe) with all the new stuff that comes out but they will never be able to go back and do ones like Maul, Thrawn, etc.

you have an advantage over the old players to get them on GA, because they have a lot of characters needed before, but absolutely useless now. So you can easily get more zetas and omegas than old players.
  • Zetas are ok for the most part. Omegas are a huge issue though
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Yes if they increase zetas they need to increase omegas too
  • 3pourr2 wrote: »

I actually understand the omega crunch a little bit. Those can be bought with crystals. Zetas can’t. Seems like an off bottleneck.
  • Docx
    94 posts Member
    You can buy omegas, you can't catach up or jesus stay par with Zeta mats.
  • Please dont increase zeta availability.
  • Docx
    94 posts Member
    Great lack of incentive to gear up squads if you can't zeta them.
  • Zetas are fine, omegas are the problem.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    3pourr2 wrote: »

I actually understand the omega crunch a little bit. Those can be bought with crystals. Zetas can’t. Seems like an off bottleneck.

Omegas are tight but not that bad 7 a week from dailies and chances on cantina nodes and challenges. It balances out it line with zeta accumulation.The purple raid only gear is more of an issue over zetas and omegas
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

This is the best news I’ve heard this year. Just make the argument of how many zetas are required to make a Sith Empire team work (8) and a GG team work (6) and the frequency with which zeta abilities are being released.

No, we shouldn’t be able to zeta them all, but just keeping up with essential zetas is hard enough at the moment, never mind revisiting older ones.

Some FTP are already panicking in this thread, that’s because they “hoard and focus” only on arena, to the exclusion of TW, GA, etc. and see this as an advantage in arena versus whales. It’s not a valid argument.

Those of us who want to field a large number of teams, and compete in all areas of the game, need greater zeta availability to be able to appreciate what you guys are building every month.

Thanks for tackling this for us.
  • USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    The solution that will allow zeta into the game with better regularity is to run the Talzin and Wicket events each once every month. That’s 4 additional zeta which is plenty. The cadence for those events is way to low as it is. It also allows shard currency for us who have both 7*.

@CG_SBCrumb thank you for your efforts.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    rdufield wrote: »
    Your nuts if u think it's 50 percent I've gotten one out of a possible 72 I'm not that great at math but I'm sure not even close

With over 300 challenges completed and tracked the drop rate has been slightly above 50%.

I don't believe, that you've gotten only 1 zeta material from 72 attempts. It's not impossible but extremely inprobable
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    What older players don’t realize is that this is a huge issue for newer players. Newer players have no way of going back and doing older zetas. There is no possible way to catch up.

Veteran players played longer time. I see no problem with them having farmed more zetas. Newer players farm zetas faster than veteran players did when zetas were first introduced. I see no problem here.

Newer players just need to arm themselves with patience and - like the rest of us - carefully pick which abilities to zeta and which to leave without a zeta.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Sicnyc wrote: »
    My comment below is based on 100% fact.
    I take first place every day in ship arena.
    I win four out of five grand arenas, take second the other.
    My guild wins nine out of ten territory wars.
    I can’t even come close to keeping pace with the amount of zetas needed to complete toons released.

This is where you carefully select which abilities to zeta and which to leave without. Maybe you could have skipped some of those Phoenix/Ewok/CHS/Saxxon zetas to keep up with new releases.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Palanthian wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

This is the best news I’ve heard this year. Just make the argument of how many zetas are required to make a Sith Empire team work (8) and a GG team work (6) and the frequency with which zeta abilities are being released.

Why do people keep saying this? You absolutely do NOT need 8 zetas to make a Sith Empire team work.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    The rarer the resource, the more skill it takes to manage it. Managing rarer resources gives you an edge in most areas of the game. Especially a resource that can't be bought with cash.

The zeta and omega crunch is just right as is.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH