Useless gear

Is it just me or does everyone else have a lot of gear sitting at 3k plus peices and always needing certian mk3 and mk5 items. It's super annoying that the same gear piece is needed on four levels of a toon and needed by a lot of toons and have no existent drop rates while I'm flooded with gear that barely anything uses! This is very frustrating to me.

Replies

• SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    That's because that gear is dropped 15x a week from challenges which adds up.
  • Love that Mace Windu challenge gear! There’s a reason he was thrown from a window.
  • Yes he was learning how to fly
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Yes he was learning how to fly

Got to give the guy a hand, he had just became Jaime Lannister (SW Version) and was still willing to try new things. Granted he didn't do so well but he tried!
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Those of us playing since launch remembered a time when the Sell button was one of the left side cantina buttons, where you could sell gear. It was removed within six months, with the odd explanation that players were unknowingly selling gear they needed. Since then people have asked countless times fir the ability to sell or convert gear, and you can see how well that's gone over with the devs by the fact that it's still an issue.

The other way to look at "useless" gear is that it's a freebie. You'll never have to worry about that slot ever again.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • cboath7
    455 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    What's plain **** is that they get chincy with lvl 4 of a piece, yet you'll have 2000 of the same piece at lvl 5. Be nice to be able to downgrade, or sell the 'superior' piece to get the lesser version. Or, better yet, if the toon requires the lvl 4 piece for gear 7 and 8, use the lvl 5 piece at 9+ or something. It's not real useful to give you a crap ton of stuff that you rarely ever use.

Really????? FWIW, no profanity was used. I basially used a slightly stronger word than stupid.
  • Nikodeemus
    49 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I’m over 10k on mos of those, lets get a trade system going from 100 to 1 on stun gun salvage, even 1k to 1 would be fine with me
  • kalidor wrote: »
    Those of us playing since launch remembered a time when the Sell button was one of the left side cantina buttons, where you could sell gear. It was removed within six months, with the odd explanation that players were unknowingly selling gear they needed. Since then people have asked countless times fir the ability to sell or convert gear, and you can see how well that's gone over with the devs by the fact that it's still an issue.

The other way to look at "useless" gear is that it's a freebie. You'll never have to worry about that slot ever again.

That true it just gets so annoying when you need the same two and never have it
  • cboath7 wrote: »
    What's plain **** is that they get chincy with lvl 4 of a piece, yet you'll have 2000 of the same piece at lvl 5. Be nice to be able to downgrade, or sell the 'superior' piece to get the lesser version. Or, better yet, if the toon requires the lvl 4 piece for gear 7 and 8, use the lvl 5 piece at 9+ or something. It's not real useful to give you a crap ton of stuff that you rarely ever use.

Really????? FWIW, no profanity was used. I basially used a slightly stronger word than stupid.

Yeah that's what I find annoying it's like oh here is mk4 it should be better but it ain't
  • Ya, challenge gear.... ran out of eyeballs finally, got like 20 characters in holding patterns :/
  • Having same issues with overload on unwanted and unuseable gear. There should really be a method in place to counter it. I'd recommend bringing in a gear conversion system and/or gear sell.
  • APX_919 wrote: »

Got to give the guy a hand, he had just became Jaime Lannister (SW Version) and was still willing to try new things. Granted he didn't do so well but he tried!

Didn’t Mace come first so Jaime probably became the Mace of the GoT world
  • The mass of some gear doesn’t hinder gameplay so they’ll never bother removing it, but I wonder how much space is taken up with it
  • Hantal86 wrote: »
    APX_919 wrote: »

The younglings hid in the tower instead of the crypts and the skywalker still got them.

I owe an apology. I checked the dates and Jaime was indeed first
  • They would lose one of their revenue sources if they gave us the ability to convert the useless gear into something we need.
    The mass of some gear doesn’t hinder gameplay so they’ll never bother removing it, but I wonder how much space is taken up with it

thank the creator it is not really lying around somewhere 😅
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    The nice thing about all the useless stuff (not just gear but training droids, sim tickets, etc.) is that it can safely be ignored.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    kalidor wrote: »

I will admit, it's nice when I go up a gear level and there are a bunch of green crosses for mk4 droid callers or stun guns.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• I definitely miss the sell button. Bring that back or create a marketplace where certain gear can be exchanged. like 10 MK5s get you 1 MK6.

• L053R
    15 posts Member
    Hantal86 wrote: »

Actually, it will depend on how you look at it.

Jamie lived in the time of Dragons
    Mace lived in the time of intergalactic travel

Depending on if those times are parallel in the aspect of the writers timeline is undetermined. IRL as a spectator looking in, you are VERY correct. Plus Mace would not waste his time on the likes of Jamie.
  • L053R wrote: »
    Hantal86 wrote: »

Actually, it will depend on how you look at it.

Jamie lived in the time of Dragons
    Mace lived in the time of intergalactic travel

Depending on if those times are parallel in the aspect of the writers timeline is undetermined. IRL as a spectator looking in, you are VERY correct. Plus Mace would not waste his time on the likes of Jamie.

Jaime lived after the time of dragons and during the rebirth and reintroduction of dragons. There is a legend that magic diminished when the dragons left the world.

Mace lived during the time when Krayt Dragons roamed Tatooine. There is a legend of a dragon taking up residence in the cave the Boonta Eve pod race went through.
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I have like 1,000 of the mk 3 carbantis and stun cuffs, even the rarer gear piles up at a point. they only things I need are mk5 cuffs and gold components. Mk5 cuffs the reason why 125 toons still at g8... Not gonna spend to buy to upgrade anymore because every team I build gets nerfed.