This GA layout is too much

Simply put, its way too many defense spots.

Filling them all in gets you 920 points. I dont know if you GP determines how many spots you get than this point is moot. But i had to fill 11 teams and one ship team.

Normally its be 40 toons for the 5v5 sets but what makes it tougher are the leader abilities

Replies

• Actually, its the same number of character defense points as a normal 3v3 ( i m in a lower level so its 10 for me). So, if you dont have probelm with the pure character 3v3 you shouldnt have probelms with this one
  • 3v3 has always had 11 defensive placements at 4M+ GP. This is the first with ships but that doesn't impact the number of characters needed.
  • jhbuchholz wrote: »
    3v3 has always had 11 defensive placements at 4M+ GP. This is the first with ships but that doesn't impact the number of characters needed.

I have 2.7mil GP. Maybe thats why i think its too much
  • swgohfan29 wrote: »
    Actually, its the same number of character defense points as a normal 3v3 ( i m in a lower level so its 10 for me). So, if you dont have probelm with the pure character 3v3 you shouldnt have probelms with this one

I dont recall every having an area that calls for 4 teams in an area
  • jejuzang wrote: »
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    3v3 has always had 11 defensive placements at 4M+ GP. This is the first with ships but that doesn't impact the number of characters needed.

I have 2.7mil GP. Maybe thats why i think its too much

Yeah. That doesn't sound right. It should scale down. Maybe @Kyno can clarify what the GP tier/ defensive team table should look like for this one.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Mine is 10 character teams and 1 ship team and I have more GP than that.
    jejuzang wrote: »
    swgohfan29 wrote: »
    Actually, its the same number of character defense points as a normal 3v3 ( i m in a lower level so its 10 for me). So, if you dont have probelm with the pure character 3v3 you shouldnt have probelms with this one

We've never had this map before (3v3 and ships).
  • rokota
    166 posts Member
    I have 2.6mil GP and 8 +1 slots to fill. If you really have 2.7 overall GP you shouldn't need more than in a regular 3vs3.
  • Liath wrote: »

Here'sg0q51ktiwu5s.jpg
    what mine looks like.
    Liath wrote: »

Here'sg0q51ktiwu5s.jpg
    what mine looks like.

Andqsdacrnffrb5.jpg
  • Well that's 10 plus a ship, not 11 plus a ship like your original post

Here'sg0q51ktiwu5s.jpg
    what mine looks like.

Andqsdacrnffrb5.jpg

Interesting strategy to post your defenses on the forum
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member

Here'sg0q51ktiwu5s.jpg
    what mine looks like.

Andqsdacrnffrb5.jpg

That's the right amount of ground teams for the GP you have. Looks like you've recent crossed the threshold from requiring 8 teams to requiring 10 (plus a fleet)
    ytwexo7olfg8.jpg

Source: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/190560/3v3-grand-arena
  • Stud3099
    601 posts Member
    edited April 2019

Here'sg0q51ktiwu5s.jpg
    what mine looks like.

Andqsdacrnffrb5.jpg

That's the right amount of ground teams for the GP you have. Looks like you've recent crossed the threshold from requiring 8 teams to requiring 10 (plus a fleet)
    ytwexo7olfg8.jpg

Source: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/190560/3v3-grand-arena

I was just about to post this but you beat me to it.

OP, the good news is that your opponents will be in a similar position as yourself. Just don't necessarily expect to be able to clear your opponent each time. Figure out strategies that work with the lesser used toons on your roster. Good luck
  • jejuzang
    710 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    @ChristophIV and @Stud3099 thank you very much!

@Kyno or any other mod, please close this thread as my question has been answered. Thanks!
  • I really like Space in the back. No easy win for low hero roster high ships.
  • I really like Space in the back. No easy win for low hero roster high ships.

That's exactly why I dislike it :P I feel that fleet GA should give an edge to players with well-developed fleets.

My DS ships with Hound's Tooth have always held on defense and I can reliably win with my rebel fleet on offense. But when opponents with laughably weak fleets get to place a g12 Revan and Nightsister wall in front of their ships, what's the point? I can't touch their fleet, they can't take down mine. Meaning the game is ultimately matching my 995k character GP against their 1.5 million and we're back to matchmaking being completely broken because fleet GP is included.
  • I can understand that aeroplanes depend on ground troops for the safety of their landing strips, but spaceships fighting in space above the planets dependent on ground troops on planet??
    That 2D map has really limited the thinking of devs to terrestrial warfare. Maybe a map of north & south areas with a centre circle/diamond for independent SPACEship action would be closer to reality
    but
    there’s more money to be made in toons than ships, so don’t expect improvement any time soon.
    Including ships will remain a broken matchmaking
  • “Closer to reality”?

In a game with laser swords and magic-powered wizards I’m not sure that’s a valid concern.

• Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    “Closer to reality”?

In a game with laser swords and magic-powered wizards I’m not sure that’s a valid concern.
    Midichlorian-powerd thankyouverymuch! There's fungus amongus. ;)