Avengers > Star Wars

SemiGod
3001 posts Member
edited April 2019
I don't make the rules I just follow them.

But seriously I enjoyed endgame more than I did watching star wars episode 1-8. Marvel really made it perfect.

(They're both owned by Disney so its chill)

Replies

• I love both franchises. Star Wars was a movie franchise and managed to be awesome on the big screen from the very start. Some think that the original trilogy is still the best part of Star Wars. The MCU, on the other hand, is the result of 90 years of comic books and many cinematic failures. Think of the Spider-Man films of the 1970s and 80s (released around the same time as the original Star Wars movies). Or the terrible Fantastic Four movies, for that matter.

My point is that the MCU films have done great things with modern technology. But Star Wars was a groundbreaking cinematic experience before the CGI age, back when comic book adaptations looked like this:
    https://youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=Ryhn3m474DY

PS: As much as I like the MCU, I feel that Sony's Into The Spider-Verse does the comic books more justice than live action movies. It's truly a comic book come to life. I'd love to see more movies like this in the future.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    It's treason, then.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn