Can The Zeta Situation Be Improved?

Replies

• Palanthian wrote: »
    It was 8 for Sith Empire.

Which 8? Yes, you need DR's 3 and HK's 2nd unique, and a couple weeks later Malak's 2. But I can't imagine you need an opening foresight on DR or a situational damage boost on HK to be competitive. 6 zetas is still a lot, but as was stated, that's one less month of farming zetas than 8.

Prior to Sith Empire, who was the previous character that needed zetas? The GG Droids were a whale only team, since they needed the two marquee droids. Even if you did whale out, they are TW/GA only. Before that C3PO - but his event could be cleared with 1 zeta (Chirpa) and C3PO himself has mediocre zetas that aren't necessary (especially his unique).

Plenty of time to accumulate the zetas for DR, unless you got impatient and spent them on GA B-teams.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    BSF's zeta also adds +50% potency, which is a huge boost to all her debuffs landing.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Keydash1
    503 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Palanthian wrote: »
    Now, all new characters (typically OP due to power creep) need a minimum of one, and we've had a flood of journey/legendary characters that need 2 or 3 each.

There is a difference between having a zeta ability, and needing a zeta ability. If you think that Canderous, or GK rework, or Juhani, or HK's 1st unique are zetas that are needed, it's clear why you're running out and others feel they have plenty.

Right now I could equip 5 zetas, but I have none available that feel worth it. I could put on okay B-team zetas like Bossk's 2nd, KRU's 2nd, BB8's 2nd, FOST, Wicket, etc. But those teams are okay without them, and zetas are too valuable to spend on small improvements to GA/TW B-teams.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Waqui wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Virem wrote: »
    If you place 100-200 in fleet, lose every tw, win 2/3 of each ga with a zeta, average 1 zeta per ship challenge day, get the minimum zetas for both the wicket and talzin events, and do this all in a 30 day month, you're getting 50 zetas monthly. Do better in fleet and that increases. Win tws and GAs and that increases. Get lucky and it may increase even more with the challenges. The drop rate is fine; play well and get rewarded. Find a guild that can win tws (or better yet help improve your current guild). Rise up the fleet arena and get the currency to buy more mats. Anyone can do it. It's completely possible to get 60-70 zeta mats per month, although it can be tough. F2P can do this as well.

And how many zetas are required for a decent team? Somewhere around 5 or more would be my guess, but I'm too lazy to count it. The point is that while the income isn't bad, the demand is enormous. Now, Padme will probably have 2 - 3 zetas as a legendary, GK and Ashoka got one each and Anakin will get one to go with Padme, that's at least 5 more to go. That leaves very little room for anything besides top-priority teams.

5 zetas is about 2 months farming. That's not too bad to fully equip a new team, now, is it?

It was 8 for Sith Empire. And considering most arena metas last around 3 months, yeah - it kind of is.

With more than 5 months in-between JKR's first appearance (October 18th) and DR's first appearance (March 25th), there was plenty of time to farm those 8 zetas - and a couple surplus ones to put on Chewie, non-legendary/heroic etc. teams.
    Zeta abilities used to be extremely rare, few characters had them and one or two would make a usable team.

Quite a few teams required more than 2:

CLS + ANH team required 5 zetas to work (2 on CLS, 1 on each of R2D2, Han and Old Ben). A 6th and 7th zeta were very usefull but not required (R2D2 and CLS) and only the 8th could be skipped completely (Leia).

Nightmare required 4 (2 for EP, 1 for DN and 1 for Sion), a 5th was strong (Thrawn) and the 6th could be skipped.

But OK, tripple cleanse could do with 2 zetas, the 3rd was usefull and the 4th was useless.
    Now, all new characters (typically OP due to power creep) need a minimum of one, and we've had a flood of journey/legendary characters that need 2 or 3 each.

The availability has also increased (see my previous post) and it's sufficient to zeta all new legendary/heroic characters and their teams - as well as some additional select non-heroic/legendary ones. You don't need to zeta every ability. Early on, you could skip Luminaras leader ability, Vader's unique and Leia's unique. Today you can skip zetaing non-legendary/heroic characters like Grievous and OR characters - and only zeta the ones you really use.

• What they need to fix is ability mat 3s and omegas. Especially with the higher power needed by squads for legendaries and the hero journey events, we need to spend more omegas than ever. I've given up hope on getting gear conversion but can we please get ability mat conversion? At least maybe 1 time conversion to spend our backstock. Can even limit it to a max of like 50 omegas or something. Only got 20 omegas atm and here are my other mats. 20 mk3 and 5k+ of mk1 & 2(never posted a pic before so incase it didn't work lol) I think the zeta situation is okay for the moment. Guaranteed on challenges would be nice though.

n2prs5m7wxh2.jpg

@CG_SBCrumb you think something along these lines could be possible?
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    I have over 1000 purple mats, they're more than fine.
  • TVF wrote: »
    I have over 1000 purple mats, they're more than fine.

For some people yes, point being, that most of the playerbase probably has thousands of the lesser ones and should be able to convert them if need be. Just because some people have a backstock doesn't mean everyone does. You also need way more purples than the other 2 lower levels per character
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    What’s wrong with having more purple mats for players running out of them?

I have more than a thousand but no harm in having more mats. I don’t think we should be against an idea because ‘I’ am doing fine with that resource. It’ll benefit everyone if we have more

People still think gold ball challenge gear is a non-issue because they look at their current inventory
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    The gold eyeballs and the purple mats are not equivalent. Purples are a gate that you can easily get past once your roster is well developed. I have over 1000 despite taking every single toon I use in any game mode to level 7 (at minimum) on all abilities. The gold eyeballs are much harder to maintain stock on.

Added to clarify - resource management is one of the keys to this game. I don't support claims that say we "need" more of anything, because we're all in the same boat. Now, that's not exactly true, 'cause you can buy your way to some of this stuff, but you can build a very large surplus of purple mats without spending any money and without harming your roster. So in my opinion you should do that, instead of asking for more mats.

I need more gold eyeballs by the way, I don't have enough for a single full piece right now. But I accept that my choices are to be super picky about who to give it to when I finish it, or spend crystals to get one now.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    TVF wrote: »
    BSF's zeta also adds +50% potency, which is a huge boost to all her debuffs landing.

You don't really need more potency, though - on their first turn everyone gains 5 stacks of Ferocity which gives them +40% potency, and after that they'll probably always have 10-15 stacks for +80% or +120%. I put a potency mod set on her just for good measure to make sure Fear sticks, but that zeta really seems more useful for using NastyBasty under Palp or Traya.

I swear, even with his own 35% potency from his lead and a potency cross, my EP's stun gets resisted like at least 139% of the time.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    If you place 100-200 in fleet, lose every tw, win 2/3 of each ga with a zeta, average 1 zeta per ship challenge day, get the minimum zetas for both the wicket and talzin events, and do this all in a 30 day month, you're getting 50 zetas monthly. Do better in fleet and that increases. Win tws and GAs and that increases. Get lucky and it may increase even more with the challenges. The drop rate is fine; play well and get rewarded. Find a guild that can win tws (or better yet help improve your current guild). Rise up the fleet arena and get the currency to buy more mats. Anyone can do it. It's completely possible to get 60-70 zeta mats per month, although it can be tough. F2P can do this as well.

And how many zetas are required for a decent team? Somewhere around 5 or more would be my guess, but I'm too lazy to count it. The point is that while the income isn't bad, the demand is enormous. Now, Padme will probably have 2 - 3 zetas as a legendary, GK and Ashoka got one each and Anakin will get one to go with Padme, that's at least 5 more to go. That leaves very little room for anything besides top-priority teams.

5 zetas is about 2 months farming. That's not too bad to fully equip a new team, now, is it?

Admittedly, my view might be skewed by the recent spike in demand - at least some zetas were required to get Malak, plus the zetas needed for the team, plus upcoming OR zetas, overall some 10+ zetas within a short time. But yeah, there are times when no new zetas are added or the ones we get are pretty useless, so it kinda evens out.
  • TVF wrote: »
    The gold eyeballs and the purple mats are not equivalent. Purples are a gate that you can easily get past once your roster is well developed. I have over 1000 despite taking every single toon I use in any game mode to level 7 (at minimum) on all abilities. The gold eyeballs are much harder to maintain stock on.

Added to clarify - resource management is one of the keys to this game. I don't support claims that say we "need" more of anything, because we're all in the same boat. Now, that's not exactly true, 'cause you can buy your way to some of this stuff, but you can build a very large surplus of purple mats without spending any money and without harming your roster. So in my opinion you should do that, instead of asking for more mats.

I need more gold eyeballs by the way, I don't have enough for a single full piece right now. But I accept that my choices are to be super picky about who to give it to when I finish it, or spend crystals to get one now.

People can't really argue the resource management point anymore. I've always been kinda picky on who I upgrade but with GA and the requirements for the legendaries and journey toons(new toons and higher gear lvls), our rosters need to be more flushed out than ever and the game hasn't adapted to the change yet. You were once able to get by with a handful of maxed squads. The devs are promoting diversity but the game hasn't changed to accommodate the extended diversity of the players' rosters that is being forced upon them. That's why people are upset about stun guns and stuff. They made it so the events are harder but didn't give access to the proper resources to make your characters usable for those events
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    People can't really argue the resource management point anymore. I've always been kinda picky on who I upgrade but with GA and the requirements for the legendaries and journey toons(new toons and higher gear lvls), our rosters need to be more flushed out than ever and the game hasn't adapted to the change yet. You were once able to get by with a handful of maxed squads. The devs are promoting diversity but the game hasn't changed to accommodate the extended diversity of the players' rosters that is being forced upon them. That's why people are upset about stun guns and stuff. They made it so the events are harder but didn't give access to the proper resources to make your characters usable for those events

Nobody *should* argue the "resource management point" because we all know this game is entirely about resource management.

The higher up you go into end-game, the more developed you want your roster to be. That headlong rush into "wanting everything" is what leads players to run out of resources. For some resources, like purple ability materials - older players have more than they can ever use - and that excess of one resource is an advantage they have for playing for so long.

Giving all players unlimited access to all resources is supposed to only happen one way - through paying. If you don't want to pay, then be frugal with all resources.
  • One problem I believe is that older zetas which we invested in aren’t that great anymore. Then new zetas drop that aren’t that good. The grind to get zeta material and also just importantly omegas make things difficult. We can’t use omega abilities when we’re trying to save them for zetas.

Another problem is the rate, as said before, of new zetas dropping. So many new toons require 2-3 zetas to be competitive so a squad needs 4-8 zetas. Remember when phasma, qui gon, and boba fett zetas were like the top ones?
  • Keydash1 wrote: »

There is a difference between having a zeta ability, and needing a zeta ability. If you think that Canderous, or GK rework, or Juhani, or HK's 1st unique are zetas that are needed, it's clear why you're running out and others feel they have plenty.

Right now I could equip 5 zetas, but I have none available that feel worth it. I could put on okay B-team zetas like Bossk's 2nd, KRU's 2nd, BB8's 2nd, FOST, Wicket, etc. But those teams are okay without them, and zetas are too valuable to spend on small improvements to GA/TW B-teams.

I don’t really understand what kind of message you are trying to deliver here since you are making the exact point of op or palanthian.
    You will never be able to put zetas on wicket, fost, kru unique etc because they are too precious because there are too much mandatory (from an efficiency pov) zetas coming into the game compared to what you can acquire. You seem to say that you don’t care if you can’t, that’s great. Some people care and are asking for an increase in zeta sources so that they finally can put some zetas in some « b teams » as you call them to have fun with them without instantly falling behind because « wasted ressources ».

What you are arguing or « explaining » to us is exactly what we would like to see changed.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Jarvind wrote: »

You don't really need more potency, though - on their first turn everyone gains 5 stacks of Ferocity which gives them +40% potency, and after that they'll probably always have 10-15 stacks for +80% or +120%. I put a potency mod set on her just for good measure to make sure Fear sticks, but that zeta really seems more useful for using NastyBasty under Palp or Traya.

I swear, even with his own 35% potency from his lead and a potency cross, my EP's stun gets resisted like at least 139% of the time.

I disagree. My BSF has a 90% potency with mods and a lot more with the zeta and Ferocity and she still doesn’t always stick CBM. Opposing BSF doesn’t always stick CBM on my team either. And that’s with the zeta
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member

Now, Padme will probably have 2 - 3 zetas as a legendary, GK and Ashoka got one each and Anakin will get one to go with Padme, that's at least 5 more to go. That leaves very little room for anything besides top-priority teams.

She will have a max of 2. Only Journey characters get 3 zeta.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member

Shhhh noone noticed that. Dont spoil it
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

I disagree. My BSF has a 90% potency with mods and a lot more with the zeta and Ferocity and she still doesn’t always stick CBM. Opposing BSF doesn’t always stick CBM on my team either. And that’s with the zeta

You can’t overcome the base 15% chance to resist no matter how much potency you have.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    But it can overcome the tenacity beyond that 15%.
  • ShaggyB wrote: »

Shhhh noone noticed that. Dont spoil it

No one missed it, it just doesn't make it much better.

A zeta doing what two mods can do is purely a QoL zeta and pushes it down the priority list significantly. It doesn't make her stronger and maybe will turn the tide of battle 1 out of 100 times. I play teams with faster DRevans and zeta'd DBast every day and I never lose to them. The only thing that makes a huge difference is DBast's speed.

I reserve zetas for characters that they significantly improve, and there are plenty of candidates there without using crappy ones like DBast's. There are also severely overrated ones like DRevan's Villain that can be such a detriment to your team that they border on useless. I love playing With empire teams with Villain zeta'd because I know I can blow up Revan, he'll still die, and take 25% of his allies' health with him. Keep zetaing Villain everyone XD
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member

That's just the 15% base resist chance, probably. Between your monster Potency and the enemy's tanked Tenacity (in the mirror match situation you described, since Ferocity shreds Defense and Tenacity), it seems really unlikely that they have any chance to resist beyond that.

It's like how people always preach adding Potency to CLS even though he applies Tenacity Down. It might help once in a while, but it's definitely not essential.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind
    3920 posts Member

Between you having a huge potency score and the enemy's Ferocity tanking their Tenacity, it seems very unlikely that this is anything other than the 15% base resist chance. The only way they could have enough Tenacity to matter would be if they stacked buttloads of it via mods, which I very much doubt anyone is doing.

It's like how you always see people preaching Potency mods for CLS, even though he applies Tenacity Down - they still hit that 15% sometimes so they don't think and just go MOAR POTENCYZ. It might help once in a while, but it's certainly not essential, at least not if you're running her on a DRevan team against other DRevan teams.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    But it can overcome the tenacity beyond that 15%.

The person I quoted was arguing on the basis that Bastila “still doesn’t always stick CBM,” which will be the case no matter what you do.
  • I'm personally fine the way it is right now. I definitely wouldn't mind if they increased zeta availability (like for example with higher drop rates from challenges, more frequent Wicket/Talzin events or as rewards for ALL Grand Arena events), but I definitely wouldn't complain if it stayed the way it is. Sure, newer players don't have it easy, but they also fight other new players in Arena so they are all in the same boat, nobody has an advantage over the other. In GA you face people who started the game at different times, but unless you excessively fluff your roster, you will usually face other new players who are also in the same boat. Guilds also have players of different starting times, but if you are a newer player you shouldn't aim for guilds that are way above your level. Join a beginner guild. That way you will mostly stay with other newer players who are, again, in the same boat.

You aren't supposed to zeta every single newly released toon straight away, and not every single zeta of newly released toons is 100% necessary to stay competitive. I see guys taking first in Arena with only half the zetas on their DRevan+Malak teams, so most of the time it's just luxury. As long as you only go for zetas that are game-changing you shouldn't ever have a problem. I have basically all zetas on my key toons and have 1 zeta on some leaders who make certain factions viable (like Bossk lead, Veers lead, Chirpa lead etc.). You don't ever NEED to zeta something like the full phoenix squad, the separatist droids, the scoundrels etc.. You obviously can do them if you like the faction, but then it's on you. If you zeta your full scoundrel team and your full separatist droid team, then it's not a surprise that you are lacking zetas for your DRevan team now (that was just an example). Set your priorities and then plan accordingly. If you want to stay super competitive with the Arena meta, ignore separatist droids or whatnot and save zetas for DRevan. Now GR toons got zetas and Padme will come to the game. But you also don't have to zeta those. Save for the next arena meta, if that's your priority. If your priority is zeta-ing your favorite factions regardless of the meta, go on and zeta the GR toons with Padme or whatever else you like. But then don't complain that you don't have enough zetas for when the next Arena meta comes along.

If you are a whale and progress too fast, then that's something you should keep in mind. Just because YOU progress at ultra high speed and are in need of a gazillion zetas, doesn't mean the devs need to change their whole game because of you or the other 500 people who are in the same boat. If you are playing at an average pace like I would say 90% of the community, then zetas shouldn't be a problem. I'm sitting at ~140 zetas, ~250 omegas and like 4000 purple mats right now and will use those the next time DRevan comes back. And then I will start saving for the next meta and maybe give 1 or 2 zetas to some B teams if I can afford it. That's how I always did it, and it has always worked for me. I don't have to zeta every new shiny toy that comes out and I don't need to, to stay relevant. Just set your priorities and then zeta what is NEEDED for YOU. If you want to zeta everything straight away you will inevitably run out. As some people mentioned it, it is still, above everything, a game of resource management.

Just my 2 cents on this.
  • JVU420
    429 posts Member
    I'm personally fine the way it is right now. I definitely wouldn't mind if they increased zeta availability (like for example with higher drop rates from challenges, more frequent Wicket/Talzin events or as rewards for ALL Grand Arena events), but I definitely wouldn't complain if it stayed the way it is. Sure, newer players don't have it easy, but they also fight other new players in Arena so they are all in the same boat, nobody has an advantage over the other. In GA you face people who started the game at different times, but unless you excessively fluff your roster, you will usually face other new players who are also in the same boat. Guilds also have players of different starting times, but if you are a newer player you shouldn't aim for guilds that are way above your level. Join a beginner guild. That way you will mostly stay with other newer players who are, again, in the same boat.

You aren't supposed to zeta every single newly released toon straight away, and not every single zeta of newly released toons is 100% necessary to stay competitive. I see guys taking first in Arena with only half the zetas on their DRevan+Malak teams, so most of the time it's just luxury. As long as you only go for zetas that are game-changing you shouldn't ever have a problem. I have basically all zetas on my key toons and have 1 zeta on some leaders who make certain factions viable (like Bossk lead, Veers lead, Chirpa lead etc.). You don't ever NEED to zeta something like the full phoenix squad, the separatist droids, the scoundrels etc.. You obviously can do them if you like the faction, but then it's on you. If you zeta your full scoundrel team and your full separatist droid team, then it's not a surprise that you are lacking zetas for your DRevan team now (that was just an example). Set your priorities and then plan accordingly. If you want to stay super competitive with the Arena meta, ignore separatist droids or whatnot and save zetas for DRevan. Now GR toons got zetas and Padme will come to the game. But you also don't have to zeta those. Save for the next arena meta, if that's your priority. If your priority is zeta-ing your favorite factions regardless of the meta, go on and zeta the GR toons with Padme or whatever else you like. But then don't complain that you don't have enough zetas for when the next Arena meta comes along.

If you are a whale and progress too fast, then that's something you should keep in mind. Just because YOU progress at ultra high speed and are in need of a gazillion zetas, doesn't mean the devs need to change their whole game because of you or the other 500 people who are in the same boat. If you are playing at an average pace like I would say 90% of the community, then zetas shouldn't be a problem. I'm sitting at ~140 zetas, ~250 omegas and like 4000 purple mats right now and will use those the next time DRevan comes back. And then I will start saving for the next meta and maybe give 1 or 2 zetas to some B teams if I can afford it. That's how I always did it, and it has always worked for me. I don't have to zeta every new shiny toy that comes out and I don't need to, to stay relevant. Just set your priorities and then zeta what is NEEDED for YOU. If you want to zeta everything straight away you will inevitably run out. As some people mentioned it, it is still, above everything, a game of resource management.

Just my 2 cents on this.

Whales and Krakens keep this game running. We progress fast and we need the zetas to be competitive in TW and and GA.
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    Sure it would be nice having more Zetas, but i cant really complain about my progress.

This game ( imo ) isnt meant to be a fast playing game and so i am total cool with slow progressing. making my daily activities, pushing my guild currency and building squads.

Ok, seeing people in my guild with toons i also would like to have this well equipped can be quite frustrating, but i see it as a good guide or hint where i want to be in the near future or i can ask if zetas they gave are really that useful or i should pass on that ability.

Games like SWGOH are real fun and there is always the whaling way to push you real fast but i kinda like it that zeta cant be bought. So there is this one thing everyone has to farm or play smart for a good resource management.

No need for improving. In my opinion.

• I'm sitting on enough for 4 zetas, just not sure who to place them on right now. But what I need is more Stun Guns!
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    JVU420 wrote: »
    I'm personally fine the way it is right now. I definitely wouldn't mind if they increased zeta availability (like for example with higher drop rates from challenges, more frequent Wicket/Talzin events or as rewards for ALL Grand Arena events), but I definitely wouldn't complain if it stayed the way it is. Sure, newer players don't have it easy, but they also fight other new players in Arena so they are all in the same boat, nobody has an advantage over the other. In GA you face people who started the game at different times, but unless you excessively fluff your roster, you will usually face other new players who are also in the same boat. Guilds also have players of different starting times, but if you are a newer player you shouldn't aim for guilds that are way above your level. Join a beginner guild. That way you will mostly stay with other newer players who are, again, in the same boat.

Just my 2 cents on this.

Whales and Krakens keep this game running. We progress fast and we need the zetas to be competitive in TW and and GA.

Why would you need them to be competitive when the other people you are facing also have a limited zeta income same as you? And if they increase zeta income, those people you’re competing against will get that same increase as well.
  • I think the problem is either (a) we don’t get enough zetas compared to the new toons that have too many zetas for new metas or reworks or (b) too many zetas (including zetas that aren’t good anymore or are kinda not necessary and are just there).

To solve (a) we need more materials to keep up - more omegas and zeta materials.

To solve (b) we just need you guys to stop giving so many zeta abilities. It’s okay for some toons to not have them. It’s okay for some toons to have one as compared to three. It’s okay for a squad to function with 1-3 as compared to 8.

Let’s for a second presume padme has 2. Anakin will get one. To have a padme squad you need at least 5 to function on any type of level (and even then it probably can’t beat drevan and malak). That one requires 8. Revan requires around 6 or so depend on the make up of it. So to have three functioning squads that’s 20 zetas. If you’re newer to the game and if it take 3 weeks to get it that’s over a year to zeta them all. Hey remember when ep got zetas with Vader rework at the same time? Remember when five Phoenix toons got zetas at once?

So either (a) give more material or (b) require fewer zetas for metas. Any change could be reducing the requirements to zeta. Space things out a bit more.