Thought on Vader lead in sith raid

Now this is probably an outdated and otherwise useless thought but if I remember correctly Vader's lead skill allows him to reactivate damage over time effects once they've worn off. If he were to be used as a leader in Sith raid and activate his aoe attack would it even work? It just occurred to me that if it worked properly it could work wonders against nihilus in phase 1 and traya in phase 3 and 4. However I'm sure that the raid bosses aren't affected by this because of high tenacity or whatever but I just wanted to ask if this would work. Also does turn meter reduction work on anything in sith raid (namely nihilus)?

Replies

• TVF
    36573 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    It works on lower tiers where the tenacity isn't so high on the bosses, I used to run a DoT squad in tier 5 to great effect and ok-ish in tier 6. I think if you have sky high potency and time the attacks right it maybe sorta works in heroic, but I'm not positive of that and I'm sure even if it does that it doesn't do much in comparison to the more commonly used teams.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    Yeah, in my experience absolutely no dots have stuck on the raid bosses in herioc. Maybe I got one or two before, but it doesn’t work for me. The turn meter reduction is great though when going against Traya in phase 3, it works beautifully.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    What team do you use with him in P3? I hadn't heard of a viable Vader team there for heroic.
  • You can probably land some dots with Mission or some other characters but that wouldn't do much. The bosses have too high tenacity, plus they stack it IIRC.
  • Doesn't work in heroic. I tried it when I had my vader modded with 3 potency sets to counter the bastilla lead. The potency was about 120% and could land dots on bastilla teams but only occasionally landed on nihilas or traya. Not enough to get more than about 500k in dmg.
  • @AIWA posted this a few months ago. It’s in T6. I would think that if you loaded your team up with as much potency as possible that you could get an alright score in heroic. It does take BB8 from your Resistance team though.
    unknown.png
  • @AIWA posted this a few months ago. It’s in T6. I would think that if you loaded your team up with as much potency as possible that you could get an alright score in heroic. It does take BB8 from your Resistance team though.
    unknown.png

I doubt it would do as well as you think. I used to get 4 or 5 mil with vader led sith/empire in t5 and t6 with a fair amount of dots landing but in heroic the dots just don't land very well and the score is onky about a tenth of your t6 score. So it's probably not worth scrapping a p1 team that does 5 mil plus to get 1 or 2 mil.

But replace bb8 with canderous and you can still do a million or 2 dmg and not lose bb8. But still deoendent on dots landing which is difficult in heroic. Especially in p3 since after you kill a few sabers traya's tennacity goes through the roof.
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    What team do you use with him in P3? I hadn't heard of a viable Vader team there for heroic.

@Tbirds01
  • So then if turn meter reduction works which toons would be best?
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member

@Tbirds01

Well okay let me rephrase that. It’s not particularly viable, it’s definitely not the best team to use, but I use Vader, thrawn, palp, savage, and Nihilus. I’m sure if I upgraded my other sith or empire I could come up with a better team. I don’t get in a ton of damage either, but I can prevent her going quite often by knocking down her turn meter. It my go to team when I’ve run out of all other viable teams.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Coolnessda wrote: »
    So then if turn meter reduction works which toons would be best?

For tm reduction you need empire or sith. Not many of them put dots on so you don't get it both ways.

Survivable characters work best but it still isn't huge dmg since even characters like sion don't last terribly long.
  • Here's a thought on how you may be able to get some dots with vader lead on p3. First send in a weak team to eat the isolate and kill 2 sabers.

Then go in with zader, mission, zalbar, carth, and canderous. (Or sub in wampa for one.) The important thing is these are all dot heavy characters. With enough potency you may be able to get 10 or 20 dots on the first topple. After that the tennacity is likely going to get too high to land more.

Full disclosure, I have not tried this team since I just recently geared the or toons. Also with no passive healing or protection regain it is likely the team won't make it to enrage. So damage is still likely to be limited. But it could probably do a million or two.

Though I doubt it'll be enough to be worth skipping your carth team in p2 but it may be an option if you miss p2.
  • Sith Marauder gives potency up and hits like a wrecking ball in raids. BSF's zeta gives +50% potency to herself and the allied sith leader. I land debuffs all the time in raids with certain sith lineups. Trouble is keeping them alive long enough to do serious damage as none of them are maxed and only four are at g12.