CAUTION: Grand Arena has a BIG freeze bug!

SnakesOnAPlane
4363 posts Member
edited April 2019
All, use caution fighting against at least GG in GA 3v3. This happened just shortly ago (4/29). GG is stunned. B1 dies, GG comes out of stun and never takes a turn, effectively preventing me from continuing the fight. Every attempt to get GG to go failed. At least it wasn’t Zeta GA. Sigh!

And yes, now my secret to making FO viable again is out. ;) I’ve used them against GG every time in a 3v3 scenario (testing or in GA) and have never lost (have lost FOX or FOSF 1 out of 10 times, as a word of caution).

https://youtu.be/MJsyTXCTuB8

And from my GA opponent, the same thing happened last GA:

ihcgqa3i9xs3.png
SnakesOnAPlane
Post edited by SnakesOnAPlane on

Replies

• I lost two matches today In a similar way (if you haven’t got control buttons you can make a move) and two more traditional crashes. 4 good teams down the drain and with them any hope of a W.

On one of my crashes today I got the magic purple screen also, which I hadn’t seen for a while

yq3x0e1ef7ov.png

GA would be ok if the coding behind it was more reliable. It has literally never worked correctly on 3v3 based on my experience and seems to get worse every update. TW used to have similar issues but those seem to have been resolved.

• Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    edited April 2019
    Sucks that your game bugged out, and good thing you have a video. I'd submit a bug report with the video so that they can reproduce and prevent this
  • Ever since they introduced GA there has been waaaayyy more bugs than usual. I think GA is an overload on the game engine.
  • I’d be extremely upset. Sorry about that!
  • ashbbk
    45 posts Member
    I am having lockups after updating to Android 9
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Looks like it thinks it’s still b1s turn
  • Same thing happened to me In arena except I was on offence and couldn’t have my go.

• etukn1u6bfku.png
    zj9l20n35dhh.png
    2dgmxq005mai.png
  • Happens to me too but with a different team ...

2rce4wtrj85p.png

My Malak was attacked by FOO and FOTFP simultaniusly due to the assist from Phasma Lead. Both got feared, the buttons dissapeared and i wasnt able to complete the fight.

Maybe its something wrong with the assists mechanic. :confused:
  • Same here with my NS team and it happens to another guild mate of mine! I made a post about it on the bugs section but glad you made a post on here so it gets the recognition it needs. Hopefully some free crystals or something for those who crashed lol
  • I think there is something wrong with “Fear”.
    In past 2 weeks I had to force close the app losing some arena attempts...
  • From my GA opponent below, and from others above, so it’s happening across the board.

nejs9do2krio.png
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    GA_Phoenix wrote: »
    Happens to me too but with a different team ...

2rce4wtrj85p.png

My Malak was attacked by FOO and FOTFP simultaniusly due to the assist from Phasma Lead. Both got feared, the buttons dissapeared and i wasnt able to complete the fight.

Buff Malak, he can't beat a frozen game
  • I just had the game freeze on me in b2b fo battles in ga, I let ea know about it, and all they kept saying was to do that ****, try restarting the app stuff rather than actually listening to what I was telling them lol guess this game will never get fixed with help like that
  • This used to happen in str with my jkr havnt seen it for awhile though
  • I have an iPhone 6+ which freezes frequently as indicated by OP. I don't know if the phenomenon has spread to other devices.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Looks like the bug, which has been known for over a year in TB, TW, Raids, GA....
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Over 2 years is still also over a year ;-)
  • Obviously caused by Captain Han Solo.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    I lost two matches today In a similar way (if you haven’t got control buttons you can make a move) and two more traditional crashes. 4 good teams down the drain and with them any hope of a W.

On one of my crashes today I got the magic purple screen also, which I hadn’t seen for a while

yq3x0e1ef7ov.png

GA would be ok if the coding behind it was more reliable. It has literally never worked correctly on 3v3 based on my experience and seems to get worse every update. TW used to have similar issues but those seem to have been resolved.

There is nothing good about GA not sure why you think the coding would be good ?
  • Calbion
    140 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Had this issue while attacking a talzin lead NS team after I killed a NS. Talzin attacked called dead NS member then result as others have described. Took me another go to clear the team... iPhone 6s for reference.
  • GA_Phoenix wrote: »
    Happens to me too but with a different team ...

2rce4wtrj85p.png

Malak with phasma and fotfp?
  • thedrjojo wrote: »
    Malak with phasma and fotfp?

Sure! Why not? Was using my remaining units to wipe out the last enemy team and Phasmas lead isn't FO exclusive. :wink:

• SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Yeah, I’ll report it. I’m just ultimately worried about the lack of concern correcting a bug that has been plaguing this game for so long, one that indiscriminately affects players without any real recourse by the devs. Literally, this one costs you wins and good rewards. I’m at least thankful it wasn’t a Zeta GA.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Once again, I’ve been screwed at GA (2nd a row) thanks to this bug riddled game. Second GA in a row. And why, after all this time, does EA continue to let resources into this matter, that’s hurts a TON of players, be pathetically weak?

Many have submitted bug reports. Why would another make a difference when the others on the exact same issue haven’t?

@CG_Carrie @CG_SBCrumb

tu3ax1ztrz80.png
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Two in a row brother. Sorry about that. I was your opponent in your first post.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Please post or add to bug reports at Answers HQ.
    Your topic has been moved to the Bugs and Issues Archive. For better assistance and functionality, please report your bug over at Answers HQ.

You’ll be able to find direct links to all the existing SWGOH forum boards on Answers HQ so you can easily navigate between both forums.

Please visit the Answers HQ forums by clicking the link below!
    <<Answers HQ>>