What separatists???

Prev1
Oh wait....you mean the droid teams. Because last time I checked, Count Dooku.....the second in command of the Separatists doesn't even have a Separatist leadership ability. Not to mention yet again that they still never added a Separatist tay yo the true leader...Darth Sideous. They're making this game less canon and honestly thinking about dropping it.

Replies

• Dooku's leadership gives it's full bonus to separatists.

Also they are clearly focusing on clone wars content at the moment so we are likely getting separatist reworks and new toons
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    I can't wait to get Padme with IG-88, BB8, r2d2, C3, and t3m4.

Plenty of older toons have more general leads. That led to the TItans meta, and the games been headed into more team wide synergy or even toon specific synergy (JTR + bb8, Chewie + Han, Revans + Shans/HK, Voa/Big Z, Triumvirate... and so on) since. Dooku is a sep leader, even if it's not faction specific.

In regards to Sid, he should have a GR too by that logic. I'm fine with him having neither. Since he was in the shadows, instead of the public head like Dooku was.

I think it's kinda weird to quit over something that hasn't changed in a long time with little effect, but whatever floats your boat. Especially since this is a non-canon game
  • There are twelve separatists. Only five of them are droids. Of those five, only two are new. Of the non-droids, three have kits that have strong potential to be relevant and useful to the event. Those being Dooku, Asajj, and Sun Fac.
    Still not a he.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    And b2 rework will help with buff managment
  • it will definitely suck. as the team you have to use is not built to counter the team you will face in the event. and the team you have to beat will have a ton of synergy, not to mention pre-loaded turn meter... because CG likes to play fair! i guarantee it.
  • Quigonlives
    124 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Something tells me that Nute Gunray is going to be the leader of choice. Lore wise It makes the most sense because he’s the one who wanted her dead the most for his humiliating defeat.

“ Now viceroy, we will discuss a new treaty!”

And it will be most likely the most money maker for CG because who the hell has him unlocked anyway.
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    Honestly, if you have grievous at g11 with a zeta unique and a few decent separatists even at 5* you’ll probably be able to unlock padme. Grievous will get bonus turns for each ally defeated, and with decent RNG, will probably be able to basically solo it at 5*. But we still haven’t seen padme’s kit, or any of the possible reworks for either GR or CIS, so we don’t really have much to go off of...
  • Georgemi6 wrote: »
    Honestly, if you have grievous at g11 with a zeta unique and a few decent separatists even at 5* you’ll probably be able to unlock padme. Grievous will get bonus turns for each ally defeated, and with decent RNG, will probably be able to basically solo it at 5*. But we still haven’t seen padme’s kit, or any of the possible reworks for either GR or CIS, so we don’t really have much to go off of...

Hopefully kit drops today or tomorrow.
    Probably the standard 2 for legendary.

Leader and unique.

GG really needs to be g12 + for big damage numbers. 2 medpacs there. That’s over 12k health.

I think it will come down to b1 b2 and magna.

B1 is the healer there with magna taunting. And b2 will need to be clearing buffs left and right.

I have a feeling this GR team is going to be doing major damage. Mace will hit like he supposed to and watch out for ani’s aoe and synergy with padme. All speculation rn
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Not to mention yet again that they still never added a Separatist tay yo the true leader...Darth Sideous. They're making this game less canon and honestly thinking about dropping it.

They don't go back and add tags to characters just for story reason generally. Usually they only change tags when there's some sort of update or rework to the character. But I don't think Sidious should have the Separatist tag anyway. Sidious manipulated and deceived the Separatists behind the scenes but he was never really a part of the Separatist alliance or army.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    HK666 wrote: »

So confused by this
  • 3pourr2 wrote: »

So confused by this

Troll level 5000.
  • And it will be most likely the most money maker for CG because who the hell has him unlocked anyway.

6jbwhgrtjqqo.jpeg

‘Cause, you know, reasons....
  • 7* Nute here too, cuz he was in the store.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Something tells me that Nute Gunray is going to be the leader of choice. Lore wise It makes the most sense because he’s the one who wanted her dead the most for his humiliating defeat.

“ Now viceroy, we will discuss a new treaty!”

And it will be most likely the most money maker for CG because who the hell has him unlocked anyway.

If these types of decisions were based on lore, I'd agree. But they generally aren't, they're based on what rakes in the most coin. Nute won't simply because he's been around forever and is available in a shop, so lots of people will have him 7 starred just because he's there. He was also used in a niche team for Sion in the Sith raid back when it was new, I think.

As such, I stand by my theory that it will be brutal without a full Grievous/Sep Droids team including B1 and Droideka. Like on par with trying to get 7* Chewie without Bossk or Dengar: technically possible, but so incredibly frustrating as to not be worth it.

I hope I'm wrong, I'm just sayin' that seems like the most likely outcome.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Oh wait....you mean the droid teams. Because last time I checked, Count Dooku.....the second in command of the Separatists doesn't even have a Separatist leadership ability. Not to mention yet again that they still never added a Separatist tay yo the true leader...Darth Sideous. They're making this game less canon and honestly thinking about dropping it.

Sidious was never a Separatist.

Dooku's lead grants its full bonuses to Seps. He was also not the second in command of the Separatists. He founded the council - and was the defacto "runner" of the Separatist movement.

He was also a Sith - and served Sidious in the background and allowed Sidious to use the Separatists. There's a major distinction there - as that's literally the point of the Clone Wars movies.
  • DadKev
    314 posts Member
    Any and all. Will have to wait for event to see who works best. Hoping to get her five stars with Geos and Ventress.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    DadKev wrote: »
    Any and all. Will have to wait for event to see who works best. Hoping to get her five stars with Geos and Ventress.

You probably can with that team provided all are g10/11 and AV is double zetaed. 7 stars...doubtful but not impossible.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • I’m kinda just doing what i can. I have zAsajj g12, grievous g9 both seven star. Then i have sun fac g6, poggle g6, and magnaguard g8 all at 5 star. hoping for an unlock after getting poggle and sun fac to g8.
  • JVU420
    429 posts Member

Plenty of older toons have more general leads. That led to the TItans meta, and the games been headed into more team wide synergy or even toon specific synergy (JTR + bb8, Chewie + Han, Revans + Shans/HK, Voa/Big Z, Triumvirate... and so on) since. Dooku is a sep leader, even if it's not faction specific.

In regards to Sid, he should have a GR too by that logic. I'm fine with him having neither. Since he was in the shadows, instead of the public head like Dooku was.

I think it's kinda weird to quit over something that hasn't changed in a long time with little effect, but whatever floats your boat. Especially since this is a non-canon game

Pretty sure you wont get padme with those 5 toons.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Wait, Darth Sidious is not a sep? hah, didn't notice that
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    7* Nute here too, cuz he was in the store.

6jbwhgrtjqqo.jpeg

‘Cause, you know, reasons....

Yep, 7 star here too.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    I think I’ll be able to unlock her without the new droids. I’ve got both medpacs on a gear twelve Grievous with both zetas and high gear seps, even without the new ones I’m sure I’ll seven star it with enough tries.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    JVU420 wrote: »

Pretty sure you wont get padme with those 5 toons.

They were joking. OP said that you would need “droids”.

I don’t think that Darth Sidious considers himself a Separatist. He designed them and their demise, yes, but they were more a tool he used for power than an actual group that he identified with.

• I don’t think that Darth Sidious considers himself a Separatist. He designed them and their demise, yes, but they were more a tool he used for power than an actual group that he identified with.[/quote]

Exactly. Sidious is sith Lord who had allegiance only to himself. He is not a separatist. All he did was organize the part of the Galaxy that wasn't with the republic so the entire galaxy would destroy itself, pacing the way for his compete dominance. He had all the resistance leaders killed when he was done with them.
  • Telling you would mean they lose money. They won't tell you until the day of to prevent you from managing your resources. Just hold all gear and training until the event. Stockpile.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Telling you would mean they lose money. They won't tell you until the day of to prevent you from managing your resources. Just hold all gear and training until the event. Stockpile.

This. I have 4 full zetas ready (for GG who is at g12 right now) and enough gear to take Magna to g12 and even add a couple pieces of g12 I could slap on. Right now, I'm holding all and stockpiling crystals to see what/who is needed and how strong they have to be. Then adjust.

That's really the only way f2p can prepare for these types of events. Farm reasonably, stockpile gear/crystals and only spend them once the event is released and you have a decent understanding of what will work and what is needed to achieve your goal (or achieve a reasonable goal). For some that might mean they have enough for an unlock, but not a full 7* version. For others, 7* may be within reach with the right zeta's/upgrades. For others, they will get the 7* version just by moving some mods and maxing their synergy.

I actually enjoy that part of the game, as long as it is possible to get something. I don't mind spending a zeta here or there or moving mods or using gear to strengthen a lesser-used faction to actually "accomplish" something. But don't be hasty and react to rumor. Be disciplined and react to reality.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*