Replies

• Monel
    2776 posts Member
    I'm just disappointed that they used the wrong costume

What costume did you want?
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    When is this event happening?

Unknown but probably soon. Wouldn't surprise me if it started 5/2 or 5/3.

Either way, expect little to no notice

You mean aside from the notice they have already given us?
  • When is this event happening?

The packs that came out at the same time as the event announcement had 14 day timers on that. In the past, legendary events had requirements announced 7 days in advance...and the legendary events have been 7 days long. So a start date of 7 days after the announcement of the requirements is a safe bet.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Monel wrote: »

Unknown but probably soon. Wouldn't surprise me if it started 5/2 or 5/3.

Either way, expect little to no notice

You mean aside from the notice they have already given us?

Granted, they've given us notice that its coming. I'm talking about the actual date of the event. If it's this week, we'll likely hear something during the update on Wed.

I'd say this, you know its coming. Get as ready as you can get. 😀
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    All I want to do is unlock 5 star Padme this first time around. While I farm droids I am working on Dooku and the Geos (great band name). Right now they’re 5/6 star gear 8/9 with level six abilities. Does anyone think 6 star Gear 9 with level 7 abilities will get the job done?

Not at all, but I’m counting on it too ;)
  • When is this event happening?

My guess is Wednesday. Basing that on nothing in particular.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    NicWester wrote: »

My guess is Wednesday. Basing that on nothing in particular.
    You can base it on the fact that legendaries are announced a week before they are launched. Wednesday is the earliest, my guess is the event will go live on Thursday, since that's when they usually push most of their updates.
  • Tiig
    296 posts Member
    I have a nasty feeling in the force that, like Malak, we we will need 7* toons to activate Padmé at 5*, and then have to farm her through guild store. Please tell us this is not so!
  • Monel wrote: »
    I'm just disappointed that they used the wrong costume

What costume did you want?

The "I live in my Mom's basement" outfit I assume.
  • Funny how they use a EP3 Anakin with his robotic hand in this event....
  • Vanitas wrote: »
    Funny how they use a EP3 Anakin with his robotic hand in this event....

I’m guessing that’s because it’s the one they already have in game, but that is interesting since it takes place in the geonosis arena. Probably just didn’t want to rework any animation. Good eye, though.
  • "Arduous" is not a very attractive word to describe an event if you ask me...
    these events do not require or benefit from skill whatsoever, so why not just stick a gp requirement on them and then make them fun, instead of frustrating, and filled with pre-loaded turn meter, etc.
    also, where's to "tune up" for this faction? if no tune up, then you might as well said the event requires the droids.

• Should get fallen anakin this year as well then.
  • Google Play store says she "makes her debut" the 2nd..v3qgyi0sbqf8.jpg
  • swgoh.events.com says may2 any 5 seps
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    Has Padme been tested and verified not to break the meta, or can we expect a Nerf 90 minutes after unlocking?

Also does she break phase 1, 3 or 4 of the sith raid?

"We discovered that Padme led GR teams can do 5% damage in any part of the sith raid, this exceeds our intended "future proof" parameters of .02% of sith raid. We are therefore removing all aspects of her kit except the basic ability to bring her in line."

That aside my biggest worry is that it'll be chewbacca levels hard for a faction that overall lacks leadership synergy except for Sep droids. Like at least all BH lesderships worked for their faction and Boba always had a good BH lead.

Seps as far as i am familiar don't have leads that synergize with the whole faction except for Dooku who has a lackluster generalist any faction leadership. I fully expect it to be balanced such that short of g12+, god 6E mods, and an unreasonable amount of luck you'll need Sep droids under Grevious to do more than 5*.
  • DocDoom
    532 posts Member
    "We discovered that Padme led GR teams can do 5% damage in any part of the sith raid, this exceeds our intended "future proof" parameters of .02% of sith raid. We are therefore removing all aspects of her kit except the basic ability to bring her in line."

Yep. Funny cuz it's true.

Also why I no longer see any point in whaling out to get a new toon, no matter how good it looks...because if it's too good in the wrong way, that goodness will get taken right away.

Who wants to pay for something when you have no confidence that what you actually get will be what was advertised? It's like bringing a brand-new ultra-HD TV home, and then having some guy from Best Buy come to your house and tweak something to dumb-down its resolution because they "didn't intend" for it to be that good.
  • C3P0 did exactly what he was built for in every movie.

and Natalie played Padme for what she was created for. and did a hell of a job at it shes a tremendous actress.

Esp 1 is one the most soild perfect movies ever even as just a Movie by itself.

ill never understand why ppl hate it other then they get blinded by nostalgia and hate simply because it wasnt the OT. and OT had share of problems too. thats the essence of Star Wars its Suppose to have strong and weak points SW is about yin and yang, balance to force doesnt mean destroy dark side but rather balance it out. you cant have the good without the bad and vice versa all trilogy's had great and weak moments (TLJ was weak overall but thats the exception not the standard.)(there not really gonna let ryan have his own trilogy right?)

I never said anything about padme.
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    C3P0 did exactly what he was built for in every movie.
    Esp 1 is one the most soild perfect movies ever even as just a Movie by itself.

The version that someone made where they just edited out Jar Jar and Young Ani completely makes for a movie just as good as the OT. Unfortunately, the real version went full Hobbit which is why it doesn't hold up against the OT (or did Hobbit go full Phantom Menace?).
  • Bl4ckDe4th wrote: »
    Found this picture in the interweb. Statement?
    What's there to state?

It's later. Another toon needs the new gear. Doesn't mean the new toons won't still need their share of the old gear.
    Still not a he.
  • Same basic ideas. Though counterattacks may prove counterproductive.
    Still not a he.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    So now that we have her kit, any theorycrafting in what F2P Separatists might work best in the event?

Don’t use Dooku, deal high amounts of damage, and gain turn meter. Because apparently Padmé can’t.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Bl4ckDe4th wrote: »
    @YaeVizsla the text above Padme‘s gear is from a post of a CG employee and it says, that the new gear should „reduce the overall need of [...] Carbantis, Stun Guns, etc.“She needs 250 Stun Guns and 200 Carbantis. That‘s above average compared to older toons I‘d say. Definitely for the Stun Guns
    I'm aware of who said it. Point stands.

There are toons who need more than that. There are toons that need less. The dissecting every bleeding thing has got to simmer down.
    Still not a he.
This discussion has been closed.