When Are Guilds Coming?

Prev1
ModernThinker
14 posts Member
edited March 2016
Hi, sorry if this has been asked and answered. I'm new to the forums.

Is there a timeline for when guilds will be introduced in the game? I'm part of a group of spenders that is looking for a reason to stick around and make this our community game. But we've run out of significant things to do and the grind just isn't very interesting.

Guild competitions would help keep us interested. Bored whales tend to look for new games.

Any dates you can share would be appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• hey welcome to the forums!

I edited your title, (try to to call out the Devs, EA or CG in the title of your thread. Thanks.)

The guild feature is very requested, hopefully it will be released soon. :)
  • GIMME DEM GUILDS!
  • z37i
    13 posts Member
    I agree with ModernThinker,

These last weeks have been the same thing every day. It is getting boring to be honest.
    I have not spend a lot (maybe $50,- or so), but i can imagine if i feel this way, that the whales will be looking for new adventures and if this continues....so will I.....

Would be a shame because the this has lots of potential :confused:
  • VIII
    495 posts Member
    No actual word on guilds yet, but like everyone else really excited for when that update comes out/if it does
    [SöD]
  • Don't take too long....
  • We need the Guild feature big time. There are hundreds if not thousands of players on the sidelines that would be reinvigorated if this feature was added. I find myself even feeling lost these days, almost without a cause to motivate me. If anything, EA should just drop other projects for later and make this their number one priority....
  • What are guilds? don't judge me... I know nothing! lol thanks
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    Guilds would add nothing unless there is a game mode tied to it.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Mo_liza wrote: »
    Guilds would add nothing unless there is a game mode tied to it.

Yeah, that's key for me. Otherwise it will be just used to grief guildless arena players
  • Never or next year because EA too greedy and money-hungry losing their spots on top-grossing in the charts are busy finding ways to make people spend more money than rewarding them for playing the game lmao
  • vangoh
    127 posts Member
    Jaybayblay wrote: »
    Never or next year because EA too greedy and money-hungry losing their spots on top-grossing in the charts are busy finding ways to make people spend more money than rewarding them for playing the game lmao

You sound like a broken record
  • Lokai
    379 posts Member
    some ingame interaction with live human beings would be rather awesome. right now the closest thing is to come to the forums and watch the dramatic whine fests which isn't really what i'm after.
  • Naugrin
    686 posts Member
    I never really understood the appeal of guilds in games like this. I'm not judging though. Each to their own.
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    Naugrin wrote: »
    I never really understood the appeal of guilds in games like this. I'm not judging though. Each to their own.

Me neither. I guess some people need social interaction 24/7.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Mo_liza wrote: »

Me neither. I guess some people need social interaction 24/7.

Depends what the devs do with it. If they create a raid type system that requires you to be in a guild, and each member of the guild gets rewards, or some such, it could be a cool idea. But, if it is just a way to interact with people in-game, I agree, not much point.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member

For GvG play. SWFC does a decent job of giving guilds, known as legions there, a purpose. It's not required for advancement though, so you can lone wolf it in existing content while others play cooperatively in specific content modes.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    A few years ago i played a game by the name of Loc.
    it had very similar dynamics to swgoh, you had to collect characters to use in a 5vs5 against other players. They had 3 large event types; Odessey, Raid and Battle Royale.
    Odessey, similar to GW, involved using up energy to go through a series of battles, sorta like a Cantina GW.
    Raid event, was VERY similar to Arena, you had to battle (more intensely) for the duration of the event, with a progressive reward system similar to swgoh Arena.
    Now the Battle Royale, was a seperate event based on Guild wars, like an Arena but with 30 players per guild- a defence leader, attack leader, ect. There were huge rewards for guilds ranking top, and comparatively small rewards for individual players rankings; each player in the guild earnt the same reward.

I believe this Battle Royale could be very easily implemented in swgoh, either an international or national server set up, let the guilds form between players, get group rewards.

{RotE}
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Guild clans we need
  • Hopefully next update
    It is logical. reddit.com/r/anarcho_capitalism
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Telaan wrote: »

For GvG play. SWFC does a decent job of giving guilds, known as legions there, a purpose. It's not required for advancement though, so you can lone wolf it in existing content while others play cooperatively in specific content modes.

This would be awesome. I really hope they would be cross-shard guilds though.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    I think there is a potential issue with collusion at the top locking people out of arena awards who aren't in guilds. You could lock down a top 20 on a shard quite easily and no longer require crystal refreshes to compete in arena.

It will be interesting how they handle this issue.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    I think there is a potential issue with collusion at the top locking people out of arena awards who aren't in guilds. You could lock down a top 20 on a shard quite easily and no longer require crystal refreshes to compete in arena.

It will be interesting how they handle this issue.

Perhaps, but there is no way to know what "shard" you are on, and there is not likely any reason that every member of a guild needs to be on the same "shard."
  • vivecuervo7
    9 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Would love to see guilds! This game is a lot of fun, plenty of content while not demanding a massive amount of time. It is actually the reason I quit the last game I had been spending (more than I'd care to admit) in.

Please fill us in! Are guilds far off? If no, awesome. If yes, any other content coming up? I/we'd love to have a way to battle allies at least, if not guild members, to practise and make squad adjustments rather than having to decide whether to go for arena rewards or test a new squad lineup there.
  • I would love to see guilds and a new team play mode associated with them. I've spent a moderate amount on this game (enough to have access to the Rex pack). But once you have a maxed or nearly maxed team, it gets a bit repetitive. It would be nice to have some team competition to spice it up, and to help friends feel like they are playing together. I have a chat group with some friends who play but I feel like some are getting bored.
  • Please add guilds. I played force collection before this app and guilds/legion battles were the funnest aspect. Guild events with decent rewards when all members are at a high level is an incentive to spend WAY more on energy and refreshes if money is all the devs care about i think this would bring much more than any standard pack. Almost wish i didnt bail on my force collection guild for this game, we were a friendly bunch lol. Though this game is much more visually appealing, which i love, the lack of new content surprises me... people are spending thousands like come on
  • It would be nice when they bring in ships to allow players to put their team on the ship to maximize the ships stats and battle along side guild mates against raid bosses like the death star and other guilds. Certain characters should add specials to certain ships like Han adds dodge rate to the mellinium falcon.
  • Um... why did this get moved to guides........................................
    It is logical. reddit.com/r/anarcho_capitalism
  • General Discussion

now that's one general i don't want to talk or be with :wink:
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    The mods here have a weird idea of what constitutes a guide....
  • ModernThinker
    14 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Whales are bored as there is nothing to do but grind with little purpose. Maxing characters is dull, and many of us have maxed half the field already. Raising the cap just provides more of the same dull routine.

Being the best in an arena on a small server/leaderboard is not worth spending or grinding to maintain. Most of us have been #1 in our arenas for 2-3 months now.

We need group competitions to provide some competitive interest please.

Edit: and yes, who moved this thread? This is a very strange forum when others who are not mods or admins can edit your thread titles and move things around. Can whoever moved it please move it back to general discussion?