This is boring.. 3v3 losing all interest from me cause of DR. Zzzz

Prev1
ck9e9i4ytbal.jpg

Replies

• After your first or second team failed, why didn’t you clear the other defense?
  • Strumpoo
    90 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I did this to prove a point on how broken DR is in 3v3. He cleared my whole roster. Lol.

There wasnt a need to clear the other teams.

My opponent put his dr on def. I didnt. His DR was faster than mine. Game over, man.

No chance to clear. He could take as many attempts as he wanted to clear my roster.
  • Ok, I see your point.

But your screenshot doesn’t really prove anything. I’m pretty sure I could send in 47 characters one at a time to lose to a Phoenix squad.
  • I sent in full teams. Trying to beat his team. This was result. I had no more to send lol.

This is before malak too. Lol. Even worse now if you outmodded. Lol
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    I agree with Honeybadger.
    If you can't clear a team on the second run, you should go for the next one.
    There would have still been a chance for you to win 3v3 .

Indeed, i dont know your roster, but i cant imagine you have still enough chars for an useful squad
  • Strumpoo
    90 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Larx, this was an example. I did it on purpose, normally I wouldn't waste my time attacking this team.

My def was almost cleared by time I started fighting, the fight was over. I said what the heck and threw everything at DR. No, there is no way to win when opponent has dr in front (that is faster than your off dr team) and you dont. No way to make up the points.

• Strumpoo
    90 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Try as I might, my rose, ugnaught, lobot team couldn't come through on try 46 or was it try 47, cant remember. Darn
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Zerging it with trash merely wasted your time.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »

It did? No kidding?

The point that I am trying to make here is this team is broken in 3v3. It has ruined the 3v3 experience. Either you have the faster DR team or you lose 3v3. The team has effectively closed off half of the territories in 3v3. Most fights now are only for 2 of the 4 nodes in 3v3. Every fight the same = boring snoozefest.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    At least both of you have DR. Now imagine you don't have him (or he doesn't). How's that working for you? Don't get me started on 3v3 match up algorithms. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Altazarus
    174 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Same as always, if you have had the luck to have 5 mods with +25 speed and +33 from the arrow on your Revan, GMY and Bastilla, you stand a chance to clear that Darth Revan team as long as all of the toons on it have at least -25 speed on your toons. Yoda class Revan on Bastilla, Revan marks Bastilla and by the next attack she is gone. Now you have 2 turns to kill the robot (if you do, you have won, if not, too bad).

As a rule +155 speed from mods is ok, anything less means you have lost anyway.
  • I’ve cleared that trio with CLS, Han and Chewie....
    They can have the DPS and speed to kill them
    So off the top of my head that gives three options - Your own DR, Revan and CLS?
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    That'll teach you not to set your own Darth Revan on defense.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Actually, the lesson is to farm/buy more mods.
    Strumpoo wrote: »
    My opponent put his dr on def. I didnt. His DR was faster than mine. Game over, man.

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • What about Boba(lead) +15 speed for each debuffed enemy and they debuff themselves, with Jango and Bossk.
    Jango and Bossk are naturally fast....
    Would this team stand a chance?
  • It's not just DR - BSF by herself is a handful and a fast one is single handedly capable of taking out many many sub-meta squads (well geared, reasonably modded). Fear on 2 of 3 opponents in a 3v3 format is just completely broken.
  • This meta is worse in many ways especially with fear plus CBM that shut down entire teams
  • Strumpoo
    90 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I’ve cleared that trio with CLS, Han and Chewie....
    So off the top of my head that gives three options - Your own DR, Revan and CLS?

You didnt clear a fast DR with cls. Especially if they have malak. No, you didn't. Maybe, just maybe, you took out their dark bast. But doubtful, if they fast

Revan is NOT a counter for a fast DR. So that leaves one team. If theirs faster you screwed, game over.
  • Wrotton wrote: »
    This meta is worse in many ways especially with fear plus CBM that shut down entire teams

Yes, that fear, CBM combo has broken 3v3 lol
  • If you knew their bsf was faster, why did you keep yours for offense? Strategically it makes more sense to me to play the odds. Put yours on defense. If they put theirs on defense then you both likely have a zone lock. If they put on offense then neither of you have a bsf zone lock. Seems like the only real lose case is if you put on offense they put on d which is what you did.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

You didnt clear a fast DR with cls. Especially if they have malak. No, you didn't. Maybe, just maybe, you took out their dark bast. But doubtful, if they fast

Revan is NOT a counter for a fast DR. So that leaves one team. If theirs faster you screwed, game over.

If you believe this to be true then isn’t it always better to place yours on defense in this scenario? If what you say is true then your opponent will have no chance of clearing it unless he saves his, in which case you don’t have to deal with it, and if he doesn’t then neither of you will clear DR and it will just come down to the rest of the teams. If there is absolutely no other way to beat DR as you claim, that is.
  • So you purposefully jacked up the number of attacks with characters you knew couldn't win so that you could prove a point on a forum. Good job.
  • Whale harder.
    On mods now.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • taquillasun
    1158 posts Member
    edited April 2019

I tried a Gear 11 DR Malak and DBasti with my CLS Luke Chewy and Hand. I got demolished quick. Thought I could bust their defense. I couldn't and they wrecked me and I never had another try.
  • taquillasun
    1158 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    For this 3 I did put mine on Defense. He can't break it. Front one protecting the 4 other teams. I put my Milenium Falcon and rebel on ship. He got 1 zone. He has 13 more G12's than me. He's toast. I'm not. And I knew going into this what the outcome would be. Doesn't seem right - I will admit. I too have faced the DR team with Malak and D basti. it's nasty.
  • Strumpoo wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

It did? No kidding?

The point that I am trying to make here is this team is broken in 3v3. It has ruined the 3v3 experience. Either you have the faster DR team or you lose 3v3. The team has effectively closed off half of the territories in 3v3. Most fights now are only for 2 of the 4 nodes in 3v3. Every fight the same = boring snoozefest.

Well, Padme is coming out and she will roast DR teams.
  • Strumpoo
    90 posts Member
    So you purposefully jacked up the number of attacks with characters you knew couldn't win so that you could prove a point on a forum. Good job.

Yes, I did because I thought it was hilarious that one team could beat a full 7 star roster. There isn't another team in game that can do this. It is broken and has broken 3v3.
  • Strumpoo
    90 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »

If you believe this to be true then isn’t it always better to place yours on defense in this scenario? If what you say is true then your opponent will have no chance of clearing it unless he saves his, in which case you don’t have to deal with it, and if he doesn’t then neither of you will clear DR and it will just come down to the rest of the teams. If there is absolutely no other way to beat DR as you claim, that is.

Yes, but this negates half of the 3v3 board since no one can clear this side with dr on it.
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    I cleared a darth revan team in 3v3 before without one of my own. It took 4 battles, but the effective teams were Palpatine, Vader, Thrawn (which took out Bastila Fallen) and CLS, Han, Chewie (which took out the other 2). A high tenacity g12+ Nest is supposed to be able to solo Darth Revan teams. So you don’t need a faster DR to win. You just need alternatives and a little creative thinking
  • Strumpoo
    90 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Kai_Mulai wrote: »
    I cleared a darth revan team in 3v3 before without one of my own. It took 4 battles, but the effective teams were Palpatine, Vader, Thrawn (which took out Bastila Fallen) and CLS, Han, Chewie (which took out the other 2). A high tenacity g12+ Nest is supposed to be able to solo Darth Revan teams. So you don’t need a faster DR to win. You just need alternatives and a little creative thinking

No. That was before changes and malak. Those dont work anymore.

Good luck with those combos now. They stopped that EMP combo in its tracks because they couldn't have the FTP people beating their new golden boy.