So, I thought Kyro's were supposed to alleviate other gear?

Prev1
StarSon
7431 posts Member
According to the devs:
Our goal with introducing these new pieces is to diversify the number of high value gear pieces and reduce the overall need of prior high value gear/salvage, such as Carbantis, Stun Guns, etc. Darth Revan is the first character to use these new pieces, and this process will be rolled out over a period of time as we release new characters.

Except, in every case, new characters just need the new stuff AND the old stuff. Instead of alleviating anything, it just makes it all much worse. What's up with that?

Replies

• Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    What they meant to say was it would alleviate the need for gear we have thousands stored up of. They would hate for those pieces to get put to use.
  • Yeah, I had this exact same thought the other day!
  • TVF
    36583 posts Member
    She needs three of those, four full stun guns, and a fifth partial at G12.

https://swgoh.gg/characters/padme-amidala/
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Comparing Padme to Malak:

Padme needs 150 more Stun Cuffs
    Padme needs 50 more Stun Gun Salvage
    Padme needs the same amount of Carbanti
    Padme needs 50 fewer of the two new Kyrotech salvage
    Padme needs 3 more full gold eyeballs (150 of the salvage and 180 of the prototype)

Overall seems like her gear is worse than Malak's. The only thing better is one fewer "new gear."
  • StarSon
    7431 posts Member
    jkray622 wrote: »
    Comparing Padme to Malak:

Padme needs 150 more Stun Cuffs
    Padme needs 50 more Stun Gun Salvage
    Padme needs the same amount of Carbanti
    Padme needs 50 fewer of the two new Kyrotech salvage
    Padme needs 3 more full gold eyeballs (150 of the salvage and 180 of the prototype)

Overall seems like her gear is worse than Malak's. The only thing better is one fewer "new gear."

Wow, @CG_SBCrumb, way to reduce the need for those other hard to get pieces!
  • :D This is getting ridiculous
  • TVF
    36583 posts Member
    I can't be the only one who keeps thinking this thread is about @Kyno
  • Besteve
    126 posts Member
    I think the fact that people forget CG has a boss in EA. Based on my experience in playing this game since launch and listening to interviews CG does care. They do a great job listening to the community and trying to communicate. The mothership EA doesn’t, this is a game to monetize only. I feel empathy for CG employees as they constantly get the blame for things I’m sure they are forced to do.
  • TVF
    36583 posts Member
    Forced to make money, sure.

Forced to put out statements that say the exact opposite of what they're doing? Hmmmm.
  • Besteve
    126 posts Member
    They may have made the statement then been told to do otherwise. They can’t go back in time and not have said it.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Besteve wrote: »
    They may have made the statement then been told to do otherwise. They can’t go back in time and not have said it.

No, but they can issue an updated statement that says "never mind, we are changing our position, and this new gear is just there to make gearing new toons harder"
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    jkray622 wrote: »

No, but they can issue an updated statement that says "never mind, we are changing our position, and this new gear is just there to make gearing new toons harder"

No, no - that would be honest. We can't have that.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    she-lied-she-lied-to-us.jpg
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Besteve
    126 posts Member
    Ok once again you can’t always say stuff like that in business. This is their job our hobby it’s a big difference. What they could say would be obvious ****. Something along the lines of when we see a speed + health + lead we add x per point of gear value they should have to max the character. How would that help but please continue to pitchfork on. My whole point is I feel these decisions are EA ones and not CG ones so please direct your anger appropriately.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Ok once again you can’t always say stuff like that in business. This is their job our hobby it’s a big difference. What they could say would be obvious ****. Something along the lines of when we see a speed + health + lead we add x per point of gear value they should have to max the character. How would that help but please continue to pitchfork on. My whole point is I feel these decisions are EA ones and not CG ones so please direct your anger appropriately.

I highly doubt EA has anything to do with the ingame decisions. EA will only tell CG to "make more money", they won't care about the "how". 8 to 5 attempts? CG. New rip-off gear? CG. Fleet nodes combining both negative aspects of normal and cantina nodes? CG.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Besteve
    126 posts Member
    Or maybe think of it this way. CG left the attempts at 8 for a while and didn’t remind EA they did this. Someone at EA remembers and tells them to change it. My whole point is people come here and blast CG with huge assumptions. We know EA has a long history of caring about only monetization. Just focus the anger on the right person rationally as a customer. If you feel it’s 100% CG fine. I’ve listened to enough of the CG interviews to have confidence in my stance it’s an EA choice.
  • And you think EA really understands all of the mechanisms by which they can monetize this game? No. They just come in and say “make money” and CG has to figure out how. This is a CG decision, particularly so when we’re talking about how they decide to build messaging around it.

CG can be both passionate/caring about the game and still make poor decisions. Those are not mutually exclusive.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Also don't forget that the people who develop and code the game, design the characters, and care for the community - those may not be the people who make the recent "predatory" decisions.
  • It’s getting too expensive to keep up. Time to let my foot off the gas and coast ftp I guess.
  • “I thought Kyros were suppose to alleviate the gear grind?!”

l02v5zeu0nkq.png
  • Man, ya'll complain about everything
  • Not defending them, because I am still grinding away the new pieces for Malak, and not very keen about having to get more for Padme (assuming my seperatists can even unlock her this go around...) - but I would point out that since the announcement of the new gear we have only seen a Journey, a Mythic Battle, and a Legendary character, we can hope that the reduction may be more visible when we see some new marquee characters...
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    The new gear pieces are meant to be a whale tax. Carrie fed us another line of bull.
  • Just farm them slowly. Dont give them a cent :)
  • SoonerJBD
    460 posts Member
    I think the fact that people forget CG has a boss in EA. Based on my experience in playing this game since launch and listening to interviews CG does care. They do a great job listening to the community and trying to communicate. The mothership EA doesn’t, this is a game to monetize only. I feel empathy for CG employees as they constantly get the blame for things I’m sure they are forced to do.

I blame EA for the cash grab move, but EA didn’t post on the forums that the new gear was to alleviate the crunch on stun guns and cuffs. That was all CG. They don’t have to be dishonest, and they absolutely deserve to be called out for it.
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    Broxxor wrote: »
    Man, ya'll complain about everything

This is true but this particular issue is worth complaining about. All new toons from now on are getting this absurd paygear and their reasoning for giving us this paygear doesn’t wash. People are rightfully calling them on it.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    One can only hope the new gear will be available in the Guild store or the GE store. As irksome as that would be, it represents an improvement over the current acquisition method.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"