Rework Reveal: Jedi Knight Anakin

Replies

• Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    tekcorp02 wrote: »
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Concerning the unique, does the "if" qualifier apply to both the bonus turn and the bonus damage or only the bonus damage?
    There are two "If" statements. The first sentence/statement says the bonus damage is conditional if you have a full team of Galactic Republic allies but not Anakin's bonus turn. Then the second sentence is a separate statement, Padme takes a bonus turn after Anakin if she is an ally

That is NOT how it reads. It reads that the bonus damage and bonus turn are BOTH conditional on him being in a full Galactic Republic team. @CG_SBCrumb

That is how it reads. Two separate statements, otherwise there would be an "And" in between the two.

Facepalm. This and that happen if this happens. That’s how it reads. Just replace the words with something else like: you break your arm and your leg if you fall down. You don’t just break your leg, you break your arm and your leg.
  • Lichbane
    222 posts Member
    edited May 2019

Unique: Righteous Fury
    FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Whenever another ally falls below 50% Health or is defeated, Anakin takes a bonus turn. During his bonus turn his attack deals 100% more damage if all allies were Galactic Republic at the start of battle. If Padmé Amidala is an ally, she takes a bonus turn after each of Anakin's bonus turns.

Simple fix.
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • Ikky2win wrote: »
    Concerning the unique, does the "if" qualifier apply to both the bonus turn and the bonus damage or only the bonus damage?
    There are two "If" statements. The first sentence/statement says the bonus damage is conditional if you have a full team of Galactic Republic allies but not Anakin's bonus turn. Then the second sentence is a separate statement, Padme takes a bonus turn after Anakin if she is an ally

That is NOT how it reads. It reads that the bonus damage and bonus turn are BOTH conditional on him being in a full Galactic Republic team. @CG_SBCrumb

That is how it reads. Two separate statements, otherwise there would be an "And" in between the two.

Facepalm. This and that happen if this happens. That’s how it reads. Just replace the words with something else like: you break your arm and your leg if you fall down. You don’t just break your leg, you break your arm and your leg.

You drive the car and get gas if the tank is low.

We can work this both ways. Not everything is black and white.
  • It was my understanding that a character getting a zeta ADDED some new ability that made them better than they were before.

The way I read this, I have to put a zeta on Anakin so he will do what he used to do without the zeta. Except now it is worse.
  • Ikky2win wrote: »
    The zeta is confusing--took me a good five mins to wrap my head around it; "if all living and defeated allies are Galactic Republic" would be way less confusing than "if all allies were Galactic Republic at the start of battle." The way it is, it makes it seem like it's possible for units to gain or lose the Galactic Republic tag mid-battle.

I literally just made another post about that:

“Anakin takes a bonus turn and his next attack deals 100% more damage if all allies were Galactic Republic at the start of battle. ”

The phrase I’m looking at is “at the start of the battle.” Why didn’t they just say “if all allies are Galactic Republic.” Does that mean there is going to be some way to start the battle with all Galactic Republic but end the battle with a non-Galactic Republic character?? Some new character skill that allows you to steal an opponent’s character or something? A character turning from light side to dark side mid-battle? Something else?

Guys, the "at the start of battle" wording is most likely considering if a nonGR ally dies and 4 GR allies are left.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

Your example doesn’t fit because it is clear. The statement in question has two verbs (takes and deals), one before the and and one after the and. Because if this wording, it makes the phrase unclear, and thus we need a clarification. We received this from Crumb. However, a change in wording would come in handy down the road.
  • BlackMarco
    20 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    lol, i think turn bonus works with any ally. 100% damage in next attack work only if the team is full Galactic Republic. Nerf for Revan's or other team non full GR.
  • Darth_DeVito
    1231 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    I can see that this is how the rework should have turned out in the first place. However, I don't think Anakin was that much of a threat to the new meta when looking at this:

ozk8u6muwwvj.png

Granted, not every JKR owner had Anakin arena-ready or at all. But on the other hand, not all Darth Revan owners have Malak, and those who do have him unlocked may be a long way from 7-starring and fully zeta-ing him. Was it really so bad to have some semblance of a rock, paper, scissors arena? Is it really necessary that the extremely offensive new meta is also unbeatable on defense and bound to become as depressingly dominant as JKR used to be?

ETA: Also, shouldn't this thread be under Dev Announcement and News?
  • Darth_DeVito
    1231 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    kalidor wrote: »
    So the zeta addition is just to grant padme a bonus turn after his? Ie, non zeta still has the bonus turn and 100% damage if all allies are GR.

I'd like to know this too.
  • It was my understanding that a character getting a zeta ADDED some new ability that made them better than they were before.

The way I read this, I have to put a zeta on Anakin so he will do what he used to do without the zeta. Except now it is worse.

Worse re-rework to add a zeta ever.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Whenever another ally falls below 50% Health or is defeated, Anakin takes a bonus turn and his next attack deals 100% more damage if all allies were Galactic Republic at the start of battle. If Padmé Amidala is an ally, she takes a bonus turn after each of Anakin's bonus turns.

So if I don't spend that zeta it reads
    Level 7: Whenever another ally falls below 50% Health or is defeated, Anakin takes a bonus turn and his next attack deals 100% more damage.
    and I can still use him in a JKR squad to bash DR's? Trollface
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Unimatrix
    283 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »
    FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Whenever another ally falls below 50% Health or is defeated, Anakin takes a bonus turn and his next attack deals 100% more damage if all allies were Galactic Republic at the start of battle. If Padmé Amidala is an ally, she takes a bonus turn after each of Anakin's bonus turns.

Level 7: Whenever another ally falls below 50% Health or is defeated, Anakin takes a bonus turn and his next attack deals 100% more damage.

The way the description is formatted and colored, the IF part only happens for zeta.
    Yes. Don't zeta anakin if he's gonna go to revan team..
  • Unimatrix wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »

The way the description is formatted and colored, the IF part only happens for zeta.
    Yes. Don't zeta anakin if he's gonna go to revan team..

No. Zeta only adds part where padme gets bonus turn too. Part where you need full GR squad for bonus dmg will be base ability now.It is blue because it is new thing not because zeta adds all of that
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    It’s amazing how unclear nearly everything they say is. They seriously need a communications expert. I’m available beginning May 28th if I can work remotely and the pay is good :)
  • Super happy that I’ve wasted a bunch of gear on a toon that has been returned to a pretty useless state.
    Jesus, anything you guys can do to prevent something working against these cash-grab super-teams that you’ve created, you will do huh?
    Nest worked too well against JKR- NERF! Anakin’s 2-week-old rework worked to well against Drevan/Malik- NERF!
    You people are ridiculous. I want that wasted gear back.
  • Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    So, if you don't zeta JKA he will still work in a JKR team and gain bonus turns and bonus damage like he has done so far?

The way it's "coloured" the if-statement doesn't apply until the zeta upgrade.

So basically if you zeta him, you'll lose synergy with jedi squads and gain Padme-synergy?
  • aeogist
    5 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    JKA is holding on defense approximately 20% of the time and is winning on offense around 50% of the time. This is completely in-line with how we would like two powerful squads to interact, given that we intend for Darth Malak to have a bit of an edge - but still possible for players to overcome.....cg erik
    you just completely changed that interaction to JKAnakin and nerfed him to only have his full unique under a GR team.

WHAT the hell is going on over at CG. You say one thing you and yet you do another. You say it's working "in-line" as to how you want powerful squads to interact. Allowing the community to think it's okay "now" to star and gear up Anakin only to changed him a few days later.

Again, what the hell is going on over at CG. You want players to quit. You are doing a great job at creating a very resentful community to a game people have been playing for years plus.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Kipps wrote: »
    Should have made if not full galactic to still have bonus like 50%... jesus removing the entire bonus damage is lame af

Yea, removing the bonus damage is just an attempt to protect malak. Totally lame it was the only solid counter for those of us who didn't " read the tea leaves" and predict there would be an event that requires 10x 7star characters that must be above exactly 17500 power just to enter the event......smh
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Only a week ago CG_Erik announced that JKA's performce against DR + Malak is completely in line with how CG want him to perform. Now he's nerfed to oblivion in those match-ups?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/202467/your-focus-determines-your-reality

"Since we released Jedi Knight Anakin’s rework, only 8,000 players have used Jedi Knight Anakin under a Jedi Knight Revan lead to fight against Darth Revan & Darth Malak. That represents less than 1% of the total battles fought by the entire community during this window. Of these battles, JKA is holding on defense approximately 20% of the time and is winning on offense around 50% of the time. This is completely in-line with how we would like two powerful squads to interact, given that we intend for Darth Malak to have a bit of an edge - but still possible for players to overcome."
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    This still leaves the NS zombie strategy mostly intact. His kit should have been like this :

Whenever a GALACTIC REPUBLIC ally falls below 50% Health or is defeated Anakin takes a bonus turn. And his next attack deals 100% more damage IF THE GALACTIC REPUBLIC ALLY IS ALSO JEDI.

There problem solved! No zombie cheese, or potential future cheese with quick dying characters. Plus the malak offensive counter is still viable...
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    Only a week ago CG_Erik announced that JKA's performce against DR + Malak is completely in line with how CG want him to perform. Now he's nerfed to oblivion in those match-ups?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/202467/your-focus-determines-your-reality

"Since we released Jedi Knight Anakin’s rework, only 8,000 players have used Jedi Knight Anakin under a Jedi Knight Revan lead to fight against Darth Revan & Darth Malak. That represents less than 1% of the total battles fought by the entire community during this window. Of these battles, JKA is holding on defense approximately 20% of the time and is winning on offense around 50% of the time. This is completely in-line with how we would like two powerful squads to interact, given that we intend for Darth Malak to have a bit of an edge - but still possible for players to overcome."

That's totally true! I mean I have solely been gearing up my Anakin to use against the ocean of malaks in my shard, CG_Erik gave us the thumbs up (specifically referencing JKA's utility in a JKR lead team) and now you guys take away his viability in this squad!!? Thank God I didnt buy the packs, but I'm sure many did with this specific strategy in mind. CG just can't stop shoving its foot in its mouth! So either change this back, or I expect ALL the recources I just put into JKA to be refunded right away. This is borderline false advertising!
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Frequently Asked Questions:
    • Q: Does the "if" qualifier apply to both the bonus turn and the bonus damage or only the bonus damage?
    • A: There are two "If" statements. The first sentence/statement says the bonus damage is conditional on if you have a full team of Galactic Republic allies but not for Anakin's bonus turn. You only need another ally to drop below 50% to trigger Anakin's Bonus Turn. Then the second sentence is a separate statement, Padme takes a bonus turn after Anakin if she is an ally

Both of the "if" statements are color coded as if being added by the zeta ability. So if he doesn't have the zeta, he should still do the +100% damage on a JKR team?
  • Ninjah9 wrote: »
    Frequently Asked Questions:
    • Q: Does the "if" qualifier apply to both the bonus turn and the bonus damage or only the bonus damage?
    • A: There are two "If" statements. The first sentence/statement says the bonus damage is conditional on if you have a full team of Galactic Republic allies but not for Anakin's bonus turn. You only need another ally to drop below 50% to trigger Anakin's Bonus Turn. Then the second sentence is a separate statement, Padme takes a bonus turn after Anakin if she is an ally

Both of the "if" statements are color coded as if being added by the zeta ability. So if he doesn't have the zeta, he should still do the +100% damage on a JKR team?

No. The color coding indicates everything changing, not just the zeta. The zeta adds the Padme synergy. The +100% damage if all GR is a change to the base ability.
  • Lovimgsaskia1
    370 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    So, I waited on the report that he was safe to gear up and wouldn't be nerfed before I went ahead and geared him up as a prority . Now he is nerfed?!! Entirely dependant on getting Padme. Totally disheartened now.
    It wasn't even a guaranteed win, but I was actually having fun in arena again.
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    We wont nerf anakin.

Oh wait
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    ETA: Also, shouldn't this thread be under Dev Announcement and News?

@Darth_DeVito for some reason all kit reveals and rework reveals go under Arena/Character Strategy. Which is a bummer because our webhook on discord doesn't catch it, but it is what it is.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Arion_Lancer
    3 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    So I don't post a lot, but I feel this one deserves it. I am really disappointed in this "rework". Anakin has been just "ok" for a long time in the game despite how important he is in the overall universe. You finally made him a viable, fun character with the recent rework, and while I am lucky enough to have Malak and DR, I really liked that I could be viable in my whale heavy arena shard while still using light side characters.

As you pointed out recently he was working as intended in the game, and I enjoyed the somewhat RNG dependent fights where you lose quickly or he blasts the other team and "overpowers" them.

Calling this "rework" anything besides a nerf is straight up lies. All the fancy descriptions you write up to hide the nerf are just words.

You want us to all want the "new shiny object" (i.e. Padme), but ruining existing viability in other squads is about the worst way I can think of to go about it. Half the fun in this game is in the unique squads you can build because there is such a large inventory of characters and it's frustrating that the game is headed in a direction where all characters only work well with their specific teams.
    Post edited by Arion_Lancer on
  • "Since we released Jedi Knight Anakin’s rework, only 8,000 players have used Jedi Knight Anakin under a Jedi Knight Revan lead to fight against Darth Revan & Darth Malak. That represents less than 1% of the total battles fought by the entire community during this window. Of these battles, JKA is holding on defense approximately 20% of the time and is winning on offense around 50% of the time. This is completely in-line with how we would like two powerful squads to interact, given that we intend for Darth Malak to have a bit of an edge - but still possible for players to overcome."

Tell me,is this is not your words?So,now that we spent so many crystals and gear to get him asap,for the some times he works on arena,as he is unreliable in some matchups,you are going to refund us,as we waited for your feedback.He worked fine right?No?Decide.Let him be,or refund.
  • Are you going to refund all the gear and ability mats people put on JKA after Erik said it was working as intended? Or is this investment gone now?