Rework Reveal: Jedi Knight Anakin

13Next

Replies

• Lichbane wrote: »
    Unique: Righteous Fury
    FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Whenever another ally falls below 50% Health or is defeated, Anakin takes a bonus turn. During his bonus turn his attack deals 100% more damage if all allies were Galactic Republic at the start of battle. If Padmé Amidala is an ally, she takes a bonus turn after each of Anakin's bonus turns.

Simple fix.

Very nice fix.
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    But is it necessary to specify "at the start of the battle"? That seems odd unless they are adding some mechanic where when Padme dies in battle, Anakin morphs into Emo Anakin and loses his Galactic Republic tag.

Emo Anakin then is granted the Sith Apprentice tag.

He gains a new ability: "Noooooooooooooooooooo" where he screams and stuns all allies and enemies which can't be dispelled or copied.

If General Kenobi is present, his stun is immediately dispelled and he gains a new ability: "High Ground" which instantly defeats Emo Anakin and ends the encounter/battle.

Jedi Knight Anakin is then placed on roster cooldown for one hour or until you win a battle with both Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine present.
  • Yeh seems pretty plain to me he still gets the bonus turn but not the xtra dmg unless ur usin full GR team. I hate tht cuz he is my only counter to malek as of rite now but once we get padme then i think all of us upset will be ok with it cuz i think she will beat malek on offense an malek will beat her on defense but atleast we will be able to win with her or atleast thts wht im hopin.
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    Just tested it, he still gains bonus turns for non GR allies. Just no bonus damage I'm assuming.
  • Teague wrote: »
    Just tested it, he still gains bonus turns for non GR allies. Just no bonus damage I'm assuming.

I didn’t realize that was still a question. They had clarified that near the beginning of the thread.
  • Rhialto
    21 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Whenever another ally falls below 50% Health or is defeated, Anakin takes a bonus turn and his next attack deals 100% more damage if all allies were Galactic Republic at the start of battle. If Padmé Amidala is an ally, she takes a bonus turn after each of Anakin's bonus turns.

The problem they have with this zeta text is that they want to connect the 100% more damage clause with both the ally falls below 50% health or is defeated clause and the if all allies were Galactic Republic clause, but the way it is done here makes it ambiguous. The clauses for the bonus turn and the next attack are linked by and which reads as if they both must happen as a result of the initial trigger, but then the last clause tries to undo that.

The other problem is that the 100% more damage is said to happen on the "next attack" which means that it's not necessarily connected to the bonus turn. If he gets stunned during the bonus turn then he will still get 100% damage on the next attack. You can't connect the bonus turn to the damage directly. They both happen as a result of the initial trigger, but they are independent of each other.

This is easy to write out using pseudocode, but more difficult to relate in text.
    if (ally health < 50% or ally is defeated)
    {
      Anakin takes a bonus turn
      if (all allies are galactic republic)
      {
        Anakin's next attack deals 100% more damage
      }
    }

I'd say rewrite and add a semicolon to make a more clear separation between the second and third clause.

(ZETA) Whenever another ally falls below 50% Health or is defeated, Anakin takes a bonus turn; and if all allies were Galactic Republic at the start of battle his next attack deals 100% more damage. If Padmé Amidala is an ally, she takes a bonus turn after each of Anakin's bonus turns.

• Rhialto
    21 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Whenever another ally falls below 50% Health or is defeated, Anakin takes a bonus turn and his next attack deals 100% more damage if all allies were Galactic Republic at the start of battle. If Padmé Amidala is an ally, she takes a bonus turn after each of Anakin's bonus turns.

Fixed below...

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Whenever another ally falls below 50% Health or is defeated, Anakin takes a bonus turn; and if all allies were Galactic Republic at the start of battle his next attack deals 100% more damage. If Padmé Amidala is an ally, she takes a bonus turn after each of Anakin's bonus turns.
    Post edited by Rhialto on
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    So, I waited on the report that he was safe to gear up and wouldn't be nerfed before I went ahead and geared him up as a prority . Now he is nerfed?!! Entirely dependant on getting Padme. Totally disheartened now.
    It wasn't even a guaranteed win, but I was actually having fun in arena again.

Same here, seriously considering quitting now. This game is dying a slow, and ugly death...
  • Rhialto
    21 posts Member
    Having to highlight my corrected text above to indicate which parts are zeta vs non-zeta such that if you remove the blue text it reads properly as non-zeta is a huge pain, but it also made me realize that if you don't give him the zeta then he still gets the 100% more damage even if all his allies aren't Galactic Republic.
  • Rhialto
    21 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    It would be nice to have it such that if you zeta Anakin it doesn't entirely remove the 100% damage aspect unless your team are all Galactic Republic.

I can see how having the Padme bonus turn along with the 100% more damage would be overpowered in some respects, but why not just remove the Gal Republic requirement when Padme is not his ally?

• Rhialto
    21 posts Member
    It would be nice if the zeta ended up as.

FINAL TEXT: Whenever another ally falls below 50% Health or is defeated, Anakin takes a bonus turn; and if Padme Amidala is an ally and all allies were Galactic Republic at the start of battle his next attack deals 100% more damage, but if Padme is not an ally then he gets his 100% more damage fo free. If Padmé Amidala is an ally, she takes a bonus turn after each of Anakin's bonus turns.

Something like that, trying to puzzle out a way to make the text work is giving me a headache.
  • Mire
    6 posts Member
    i have put jka to g12 and add two super parts, ashoka got zeta and now special is changed. imagine how i feel now.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Rhialto wrote: »
    It would be nice if the zeta ended up as.

FINAL TEXT: Whenever another ally falls below 50% Health or is defeated, Anakin takes a bonus turn; and if Padme Amidala is an ally and all allies were Galactic Republic at the start of battle his next attack deals 100% more damage, but if Padme is not an ally then he gets his 100% more damage fo free. If Padmé Amidala is an ally, she takes a bonus turn after each of Anakin's bonus turns.

Something like that, trying to puzzle out a way to make the text work is giving me a headache.

Try this: Whenever an ally falls below 50% health or dies Anakin takes a bonus turn. If that ally was Galactic Republic or Jedi, Anakin gets +100% damage during his bonus turn. Zeta: If Padme Amidala is an ally she takes a bonus turn each time Anakin takes a bonus turn.(Optional) And if every ally is galactic republic, Padme Amidala has +50% offense during her bonus turn (Optional)

There simple as that. Galactic Republic incentive intact, without nerfing Anakins viability in a full jedi squad. Thus not creating a paywall for current non-malak players, to be able to climb in arena.

@CG_Erik : Please stop with the blatant greed fueled game changes. We are not stupid, and seeing you guys behave this way lately is truly disheartening. I have been playing this game for over a year, and planned to play many more; but your recent behavior has me on the verge of quitting. The beauty of this game is the strategy, and diversity. If every new character is going to be pigeonholed into a pay to win situation then this game is dead. You guys are better than that, and can find better ways to make money without destroying the spirit of the game; please start doing the right thing...
  • I'd rather see it something like this:

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Whenever another ally falls below 50% Health or is defeated, Anakin takes a bonus turn and his next attack deals 50% more damage; If all allies were Galactic Republic at the start of battle this attack deals 100% more dmg. If Padmé Amidala is an ally, she takes a bonus turn after each of Anakin's bonus turns.

This way he still keeps a bit of viability in non GR squads while reaching full dmg potential when used in a full GR squad
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    I'd rather see it something like this:

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Whenever another ally falls below 50% Health or is defeated, Anakin takes a bonus turn and his next attack deals 50% more damage; If all allies were Galactic Republic at the start of battle this attack deals 100% more dmg. If Padmé Amidala is an ally, she takes a bonus turn after each of Anakin's bonus turns.

This way he still keeps a bit of viability in non GR squads while reaching full dmg potential when used in a full GR squad

This is decent, I like my idea better. I just think Anakin should be just as viable with jedi, as well as GR. However teaming him with a Padme lead obviously gives his Righteous Fury ability a huge boost, and you cant get the most out of Padme without a GR squad. So the Padme incentive alone should be enough to make players who have Padme want to use her with Anakin, rather than pair Anakin with just jedi.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Ninjah9 wrote: »

This is decent, I like my idea better. I just think Anakin should be just as viable with jedi, as well as GR. However teaming him with a Padme lead obviously gives his Righteous Fury ability a huge boost, and you cant get the most out of Padme without a GR squad. So the Padme incentive alone should be enough to make players who have Padme want to use her with Anakin, rather than pair Anakin with just jedi.

This way players who trusted @CG_Erik, and geared/powered up Anakin with no hope of getting Padme, aren't getting completely screwed.
  • I hardly ever post to forums, but this nerf you call rework actually removes the only possible way to beat up full geared Darth Revan / Darth Malak squads. @CG_Erik You stated yourself that Anakin interaction in Jedi Knight Revan squads is completely in line with your expectations, yet you nerf his ability to perform in these squads. Boost his synergy with Padme and GR squads all you want, but do not fix what ain't broken.
  • ReVox
    49 posts Member
    What else can you say, you work on your teams to get them ready for the arena and CG goes and changes everything again.
    A few days before it is still said nothing is changed to Anakin and now ...
    I play the game from the beginning and it has always been a lot of fun, but in such circumstances, unfortunately, the fun passes.
    Thank you CG!
  • Rhialto
    21 posts Member
    Ninjah9 wrote: »

I don't see why he should have the Galactic Republic requirement except when Padme is an ally. They already set it up so that if you don't zeta the ability you get the 100% damage boost with any set of toons. So, why nerf the damage at all? Just make it so the Galactic Republic requirement is there when Padme is an ally, problem solved. Even if everyone isn't Galactic Republic you still get the Padme extra turn so it's not a bad deal.
  • Rhialto
    21 posts Member
    Now that I read the ability in the game the initial post is inaccurate. Because it highlights the blue zeta text indicating that he gets the Galactic Republic thing only when he gets the zeta, but in fact they included that as part of the base ability, what a crock.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Now that I read the ability in the game the initial post is inaccurate. Because it highlights the blue zeta text indicating that he gets the Galactic Republic thing only when he gets the zeta, but in fact they included that as part of the base ability, what a crock.

Yea it was yet another sloppy mistake from CG....this is really getting ridiculous
  • Anakin now is just as powerful as he was in the movies.

He can kill a bunch of younglings and that's about it now...
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    ReVox wrote: »
    What else can you say, you work on your teams to get them ready for the arena and CG goes and changes everything again.

Metas make money for a company that exists to make money. In the early days of a meta, you can pretty much be sure that any counter to the meta has at least some chance of being nerfed, so buyer beware. Later in the meta you're more likely to have a counter stay intact.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    TVF wrote: »
    ReVox wrote: »

Metas make money for a company that exists to make money. In the early days of a meta, you can pretty much be sure that any counter to the meta has at least some chance of being nerfed, so buyer beware. Later in the meta you're more likely to have a counter stay intact.

Changing products after they are sold is just straight up fraud. What you are describing is fraud. Now if you wanted to create a new meta, then you "create" a new set of characters designed to beat the current top teams. You DONT create a new meta by releasing a poorly designed paywall character, then going back and redesigning other previous characters so they perform worse. This is utter garbage, our investments are purposefully being directly devalued so we have to rely on their new expensive product. STRAIGHT UP FRAUD! I loved this game for the diversity, and strategy; but this is disgusting.

The people who defend CG doing this crap, are just too stupid to know they are getting cheated...
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    No. They never said the blue part was zeta addition.

The post starts with " HIGHLIGHTED IN BLUE = UPCOMING CHANGES". His first special is non -zeta and has blue highlights too.

The way it is stated in-game is fine
  • Ninho
    92 posts Member
    Still mad about the nerf...
  • The main problem with his Zeta IMO is that it does nothing to enhance HIS personal character. A non-leader Zeta should be something that makes the character themself better.

All his Zeta does is add some “flavor” that should have been included baseline in his OR her unique anyways. And on top of that, how does it make sense to add combat “flavor” between Anakin/Padme who hardly ever fought together (Padme was rarely in combat situations mind you), but not add “flavor” synergy between Anakin and Obi Wan?

Anakin and Obi Wan did just about **** near everything together and saved each other so many times. But let’s just disregard their brotherhood...