Nerf incoming. Just kidding no nerf. NERF!!!!

Prev1
"Our intention is that Jedi Knight Anakin should not outperform Darth Malak. We’ll evaluate the cases we are seeing for differentials in mods, levels, abilities, etc. to potentially explain any discrepancies. If this would inform any decisions to gear or level him up, we would ask that you refrain from doing so until we give the all clear on his kit."
-CG_Eric

Okay, when I read this I thought, "okay, Anakin is doing an insane amount of AOE damage, and maybe it's not good for the over all health of the game, that's pretty fair, I guess I'll hold off on my Anakin. Then we got this

"Since we released Jedi Knight Anakin’s rework, only 8,000 players have used Jedi Knight Anakin under a Jedi Knight Revan lead to fight against Darth Revan & Darth Malak. That represents less than 1% of the total battles fought by the entire community during this window. Of these battles, JKA is holding on defense approximately 20% of the time and is winning on offense around 50% of the time. This is completely in-line with how we would like two powerful squads to interact, given that we intend for Darth Malak to have a bit of an edge - but still possible for players to overcome."
-CG_Eric

"Great" I thought. "This is kinda on track with the normal cadence with what happens in the game. New release, takes over arena, counters come out like Zombie lead, changes get made, BUT, a decent counter is permitted to stay. My guild leader has sense said that he maxed out his JKA, and he can win against Malak about 70% of the time, and will always get murdered on defense, and that's probably about CG was going for." Now, having that thought, I made a plan. And then....

"Based on our findings, he is going to be even more powerful with Padmé, so we have restricted some of Anakin’s power to work only with Galactic Republic characters. You can read these specifics with his updated kit reveal which we’ll post shortly."
-CG_Carrie

CG_Carrie, I want you to personally know that I have your back 100% of the time. This time is no exception, and I think the community is far too rough on the face that delivers undesirable information, and frustrations need to be presented as a position of fact or opinion and not attacks at individuals. Anyone who disagrees with that has clearly spent too much time on the internet and needs to be better socialized into face to face society.

Now, lets be real, this is nerfing Anakin. Not only is this nerfing Anakin, we have to put a zeta on Anakin to provide him with the opportunity to be nerfed.... Also, I would appreciate an explanation as to how Padmé has anything to do with this. She's clearly a leader, so she's not going to be part of a Jedi Revan team, it seems to me that his synergy with Padmé is what this update protects, and it's the interaction with other characters that's being prevented. If I'm wrong, and I'm missing something, then 100% I'm the **** in this relationship, but I would like it if it could be explained to me what it is that I'm missing.

Replies

• You are not wrong and you have not missed anything. This is an accurate account of the last 30 days in JKA's world.
  • Fahrius
    620 posts Member
    The zeta just adds padme's assits
    The bonus turn is still the same
    The bonus damage is nerfed needing full gr team
    Still bummer though
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • OBoogieIII
    400 posts Member
    98% accurate the only thing I disagree with is the comments about CG, and it’s only partly wrong. She delivered bad news, but I think people were mostly mad due to the amount of needs toons have received lately and due to being lied to constantly. How many must die or be sacrificed for the Malik meta to reign ??
  • Fahrius wrote: »
    The zeta just adds padme's assits
    The bonus turn is still the same
    The bonus damage is nerfed needing full gr team
    Still bummer though

That could be right, I suppose I assumed the 100% damage part was also part of the zeta, but it's not broken down like that in the forum, so maybe that was a poor assumption on my part.
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    "Since we released Jedi Knight Anakin’s rework, only 8,000 players have used Jedi Knight Anakin under a Jedi Knight Revan lead to fight against Darth Revan & Darth Malak. That represents less than 1% of the total battles fought by the entire community during this window. Of these battles, JKA is holding on defense approximately 20% of the time and is winning on offense around 50% of the time. This is completely in-line with how we would like two powerful squads to interact, given that we intend for Darth Malak to have a bit of an edge - but still possible for players to overcome."
    -CG_Eric

"Great" I thought. "This is kinda on track with the normal cadence with what happens in the game. New release, takes over arena, counters come out like Zombie lead, changes get made, BUT, a decent counter is permitted to stay. My guild leader has sense said that he maxed out his JKA, and he can win against Malak about 70% of the time, and will always get murdered on defense, and that's probably about CG was going for." Now, having that thought, I made a plan. And then....

You conveniently left out the very next paragraph from Eric's post that said: "Some of the changes we are considering would make him synergize more specifically inside a Galactic Republic squad (as many players have suggested). Either way, we’ll continue to monitor these battles and reveal any changes prior to making them." Nobody reading Eric's post should have come away from that thinking there would be no possible nerf to Anakin. In fact, they ended up making the very change that Eric mentioned as a possibility in his post.

There are plenty of reasons to be critical about the whole situation and how it went down. Cut and pasting quotes to create an inaccurate factual record of how it went down isn't really necessary or helpful though.
  • "Since we released Jedi Knight Anakin’s rework, only 8,000 players have used Jedi Knight Anakin under a Jedi Knight Revan lead to fight against Darth Revan & Darth Malak. That represents less than 1% of the total battles fought by the entire community during this window. Of these battles, JKA is holding on defense approximately 20% of the time and is winning on offense around 50% of the time. This is completely in-line with how we would like two powerful squads to interact, given that we intend for Darth Malak to have a bit of an edge - but still possible for players to overcome."
    -CG_Eric

You conveniently left out the very next paragraph from Eric's post that said: "Some of the changes we are considering would make him synergize more specifically inside a Galactic Republic squad (as many players have suggested). Either way, we’ll continue to monitor these battles and reveal any changes prior to making them." Nobody reading Eric's post should have come away from that thinking there would be no possible nerf to Anakin. In fact, they ended up making the very change that Eric mentioned as a possibility in his post.

There are plenty of reasons to be critical about the whole situation and how it went down. Cut and pasting quotes to create an inaccurate factual record of how it went down isn't really necessary or helpful though.

That really wasn't the way I was reading that at all, and I didn't mean to make it seem like I was nit picking. What I thought was going on here was Anakin's zeta was going to buff him more with the Galactic Republic, not nerf him with the Jedi. Fair point, but I don't think I'm the only one that thought what I thought.
  • "Since we released Jedi Knight Anakin’s rework, only 8,000 players have used Jedi Knight Anakin under a Jedi Knight Revan lead to fight against Darth Revan & Darth Malak. That represents less than 1% of the total battles fought by the entire community during this window. Of these battles, JKA is holding on defense approximately 20% of the time and is winning on offense around 50% of the time. This is completely in-line with how we would like two powerful squads to interact, given that we intend for Darth Malak to have a bit of an edge - but still possible for players to overcome."
    -CG_Eric

That's not unfair, but I wasn't trying to pick and choose my quote to make my point at all. I didn't include that part because that wasn't the way I read it at all. I read that part as Anakin's Zeta was going to give him more synergy with the Galactic Republic, not Anakin was going to lose synergy with Jedi.
  • Praetor_Obsidian
    8 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Days after I g12 him. With every fiber of my being, kitten cg
    Post edited by Fauztin on
  • Trent_Illician
    110 posts Member
    edited May 2019

See, now that's the kind of thing that's not productive. Can we instead have conversation like "I am also frustrated with being lead to believe that my investment was safe before investing, only to discover it wasn't".

I feel pretty strongly about communication like that because when I put myself in their shoes, I imagine seeing text like that, and it makes me want to dismiss the entire thing as the rambling of someone who does not deserve my time.
  • Anakin doesn't do insane AOE damage. There is only one team in the game that allows him to do that and that is Darth Revan with his lead. There is a price to be paid for having ridiculous damage and mechanics the prevent the enemy from taking any turns.
  • JasFonz
    317 posts Member
    @Trent_Illician bro chill out with the high almighty approach. Let people express themselves they way they choose too. CG aren’t a bunch on angels 👼 it’s not only the JKA fiasco that’s wrong about them.
  • Trent_Illician
    110 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    JasFonz wrote: »
    @Trent_Illician bro chill out with the high almighty approach. Let people express themselves they way they choose too. CG aren’t a bunch on angels 👼 it’s not only the JKA fiasco that’s wrong about them.

Lol. I think you're missing the point. You can't uproar and throw a temper tantrum, and expect to be heard. I'm not being "high and mighty". Lets try and actually make a point instead of taking a "With every fiber of my being, kitten cg" approach.
  • The only way to make them listen is to get the whales on our side. Then they'll listen.
  • JasFonz
    317 posts Member
    You know it won’t work right? We need a revolution. 🤘🏼
  • I think someone folks here need to go back to school and learn what outperform means. Revan and Malak losing 50-60% of the battles against Jedi Revan and Anakin on offense is far from outperforming them.

How do they do against other squads in the game? Which one dominates the meta report? Ask yourself this question: if you had both Revan/Malak and Jedi Revan/Anakin who would you be using in arena? Someone HAS TO BE ABLE TO BEAT THEM, Someone, so pick your poison. We've already established that someone has to be the counter on offense, it just has to be this way. No squad ever was impenetrable and no squad ever should be impenetrable. I'm so tired of this subject, I'm so tired of people crying about Anakin, leave it alone, someone has to do it, I don't see why not Anakin with Revan. Can we please leave it alone?
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Galactic Republic's only gonna become a stronger faction in the coming months. Anakin has one of the best ships in the game. And Geonosis LSTB will almost certainly have a prominent place to flex Ani.

Your G12 Anakin will not be a waste.
    Still not a he.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    I feel sorry for all the people who tried to G12 JKA during those last weeks. They juste wasted their gears.

Hopefully they get a refund again
  • I feel sorry for all the people who tried to G12 JKA during those last weeks. They juste wasted their gears.

I gave him all 5 pieces, I actual do expect a refund offer
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Days after I g12 him. With every fiber of my being, **** cg
    Galactic Republic's only gonna become a stronger faction in the coming months. Anakin has one of the best ships in the game. And Geonosis LSTB will almost certainly have a prominent place to flex Ani.

I agree, I think Anakin will remain a valuable character, and he's an easy gear, but still, it's a little crazy.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Days after I g12 him. With every fiber of my being, **** cg

LSTB, I'm glad I wasted 5 g12+ pieces for LSTB lol
  • I feel sorry for all the people who tried to G12 JKA during those last weeks. They juste wasted their gears.

Yup I don't see how this is different than SASS. I waited to gear Anakin until after Eric's post only to find out... oops we weren't entirely honest about our statement that he was working as intended. Since I'm not a whale I doubt I'll get Padme so my investment is a waste... Please refund it.
  • R_Val_17
    144 posts Member
    I blame the forum for giving them this idea. Just couldn't keep your fingers off the keys to give them ideas...
  • And is now really the time to do away with one of his farming spots??
  • Everyone should remember something about a different game with a lot of "vocal" players, Anthem. They started really open and communicating a ton. But the devs admitted somewhere (sorry I don't recall where the quote was from), that they are still human beings, and when they read insults or things become personal, or even just when people basically **** on something they pour their blood sweat and tears into... EVEN if it's justified and valid criticism..... Nobody wants to be abused or told they did a crap job, and they will most likely ignore and not engage with us and take the feedback to heart in any meaningful way. And they certainly won't want to answer or engage if no matter what they say, they face a crap storm. Think about it. How many people are actually motivated by being put down or being told everything you do is ****? Some, but not many. Does that mean they should get a free pass and be told everything is great? No, absolutely not. Do players have a right to be livid and express themselves? Absolutely. But if you really truly want to be heard and hope that your feedback has a positive influence in correcting the issue you are passionate about, OP had the right idea to be polite and factual (to what his interpretation of the facts were to the person stating he was selective with quotes). Trying to be louder and angrier will just make them tune you out. Having said that, it really is a balancing act, because you obviously need to communicate how serious or negative of an issue it is.