Nerf incoming. Just kidding no nerf. NERF!!!!

2Next

Replies

• Everyone should remember something about a different game with a lot of "vocal" players, Anthem. They started really open and communicating a ton. But the devs admitted somewhere (sorry I don't recall where the quote was from), that they are still human beings, and when they read insults or things become personal, or even just when people basically **** on something they pour their blood sweat and tears into... EVEN if it's justified and valid criticism..... Nobody wants to be abused or told they did a crap job, and they will most likely ignore and not engage with us and take the feedback to heart in any meaningful way. And they certainly won't want to answer or engage if no matter what they say, they face a crap storm. Think about it. How many people are actually motivated by being put down or being told everything you do is ****? Some, but not many. Does that mean they should get a free pass and be told everything is great? No, absolutely not. Do players have a right to be livid and express themselves? Absolutely. But if you really truly want to be heard and hope that your feedback has a positive influence in correcting the issue you are passionate about, OP had the right idea to be polite and factual (to what his interpretation of the facts were to the person stating he was selective with quotes). Trying to be louder and angrier will just make them tune you out. Having said that, it really is a balancing act, because you obviously need to communicate how serious or negative of an issue it is.
    It has absolutely nothing to do with that.... You are some sort of different if you believe that the devs working under CG would make any difference if they had positive reinforcement compared to criticism.... Who cares what they have to think, show up and do your job (which many do fantastically)

But if you work for a company like EA you're not going to last long if you get you're feelings hurt too much to do your job well (communicate with the customers) because they get ridiculously offended by your company's predatory practices

So yeah, who cares about their hurt feelings
  • Gonna post again because LOL at thinking that acting kindly will get EA to be less slimy of a company.... Their lack of adequate communication is designed to be that way to squeeze dollars out of people, not because they're human and make mistakes or have their feelings hurt
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    LSTB, I'm glad I wasted 5 g12+ pieces for LSTB lol
    ...and the upcoming additional Galactic Republic content that's the docket for the quarter, and one of the best ships in the game, and TW and GA...

It only becomes a waste if you refuse to acknowledge any of the other uses for the character. Which is on you.

Most long-time players have plenty of G12 units who've never seen the arena, and they're still useful.
    Still not a he.
  • USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    A zeta to add to pilot Anakin and Ahsoka who already have insane ships.

I am not even mad about Anakin being limited to GR squads. Already thinking without Padme, GK, Anakin, Ahsoka, GMY and 3PO or Plo Kloon, possibly Rex. Why limit yourself to Arena? GA, TW, Geo TB, plus extra squads to try in HSTR. Plus rework for Nute and Dooku.
  • Bauhaus
    53 posts Member
    In before they nerf Padme.
  • Can they nerf Eeth Koth and Kit fisto ? When i look at their kits they are incredible
  • Possum
    28 posts Member
    I’ve protested several times when CG used the nerf hammer. I stopped spending when they started bundling to inflate the prices of packs. Now I’ve reached the next stage. Apathy. Tick, tick, tick....
  • lmao
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    It is a ***** major nerf.

I wasted all my pieces after erik announce and i am totally screwed.

The 100% bonus damage was EVERYTHING in his kit. And yet they still lie to our face saying it is a boost.

@CG_Erik you are all but liar
  • Shame on CG for what they did to Anakin, they hype him up, sell packs, sell gear and nerf him. This is totally unacceptable
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Mirkraag wrote: »

The 100% bonus damage was EVERYTHING in his kit. And yet they still lie to our face saying it is a boost.

CG_Erik you are all but liar
    No, Erik is not "all but liar."

In Erik's words...

"Many players astutely noted that Anakin’s rework conspicuously did not include a zeta...which we have been saving for the release of Padme. So, while we are not planning on making any immediate changes due to the interaction with Darth Revan and Darth Malak, we are continuing to consider some changes to ensure his performance under Padme meets our desired performance targets. Some of the changes we are considering would make him synergize more specifically inside a Galactic Republic squad (as many players have suggested). Either way, we’ll continue to monitor these battles and reveal any changes prior to making them."

Emphasis mine.

Erik said they were considering tightening Anakin's synergy when the zeta dropped. The zeta dropped. They tightened Anakin's synergy.

I believe a surprised Pikachu face is in order.

sohWhy9.jpg
    Still not a he.
  • Shame on CG for what they did to Anakin, they hype him up, sell packs, sell gear and nerf him. This is totally unacceptable

I think they see it as people paid for a limited time overpowered character.

It's not like someone spent a thousand bucks on anakin like people did for Revans, his time in the spotlight will be equally proportionate to his cost.

Revans 4 to 6 months
    Anakin 2 weeks

Kind of makes sense when you think about it like that.
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    Honestly i dont care if they nerf him or not .
    Also i dont think they should refund our gears for gearing him up .JKA was my first G12 a long Time ago (hehe ..😉) and he was very useful for me in this period of playing and i didnt regret any gear or whatever. So, why should they refund anything from an very old char only because of his rework?

Should i get a refund?

They always try to get our money but panic gearing an old char and hoping for a refund is in my opinion not their fault.

Would be the same if you spend any money on packs or shards to get JKR on the fourth or fifth Time. Its not neccesary because there was plenty of time getting his shards together.

Sure, for new players who spend a lot on JKA hoping he would be the choosen one its quite annoying but even for them i dont think JKA isnt such a bad Char and they didnt wasted money.
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

CG_Erik you are all but liar
    No, Erik is not "all but liar."

In Erik's words...

"Many players astutely noted that Anakin’s rework conspicuously did not include a zeta...which we have been saving for the release of Padme. So, while we are not planning on making any immediate changes due to the interaction with Darth Revan and Darth Malak, we are continuing to consider some changes to ensure his performance under Padme meets our desired performance targets. Some of the changes we are considering would make him synergize more specifically inside a Galactic Republic squad (as many players have suggested). Either way, we’ll continue to monitor these battles and reveal any changes prior to making them."

Emphasis mine.

Erik said they were considering tightening Anakin's synergy when the zeta dropped. The zeta dropped. They tightened Anakin's synergy.

I believe a surprised Pikachu face is in order.

sohWhy9.jpg

Lol thx for making me laugh!

They didnt tighten anakin's synergy, they made him totally irrelevant in anything but a FULL galactic republic squad.

And what the point saying it is ok we monitor anakin blablabla, 1% player blablabla it is ok and then few days after major nerf.

Nothing but a lie no matter how you try to distord reality.

Anyway have fun being invincible with your overcheated paying character. Strategy is dead, long live the wallet
  • Honestly, I know that I'm just a "test player" for the whales right now, because I dont spend money on GOH, and I believe this is the CG vision. Sad but true, our opinion means nothing to them.
  • Everyone should remember something about a different game with a lot of "vocal" players, Anthem. They started really open and communicating a ton. But the devs admitted somewhere (sorry I don't recall where the quote was from), that they are still human beings, and when they read insults or things become personal, or even just when people basically **** on something they pour their blood sweat and tears into... EVEN if it's justified and valid criticism..... Nobody wants to be abused or told they did a crap job, and they will most likely ignore and not engage with us and take the feedback to heart in any meaningful way. And they certainly won't want to answer or engage if no matter what they say, they face a crap storm. Think about it. How many people are actually motivated by being put down or being told everything you do is ****? Some, but not many. Does that mean they should get a free pass and be told everything is great? No, absolutely not. Do players have a right to be livid and express themselves? Absolutely. But if you really truly want to be heard and hope that your feedback has a positive influence in correcting the issue you are passionate about, OP had the right idea to be polite and factual (to what his interpretation of the facts were to the person stating he was selective with quotes). Trying to be louder and angrier will just make them tune you out. Having said that, it really is a balancing act, because you obviously need to communicate how serious or negative of an issue it is.

I think this post really needs to be highlighted. No one is saying that they need to be patted on the back and told that everything they do is perfect and the whole company deserves a participation trophy. BUT, the constant barrage of @#$%^ this and #$%^&*( that, and your a piece of this and that, is so far from helpful. What would you do if you were on the recieving end of it??? Would you say, "wowsers, this person really thinks I'm a horrible person, I suppose I should give them some free stuff!!!!" No, you wouldn't, you would eventually just shut it out. BE NICE GOD **** IT!!!!! ;)
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Lol thx for making me laugh!

They didnt tighten anakin's synergy, they made him totally irrelevant in anything but a FULL galactic republic squad.

And what the point saying it is ok we monitor anakin blablabla, 1% player blablabla it is ok and then few days after major nerf.

Nothing but a lie no matter how you try to distord reality.

Anyway have fun being invincible with your overcheated paying character. Strategy is dead, long live the wallet
    They made him more of a galactic republic toon than a plug n play... by tightening his synergy. The two are not mutually exclusive.

You have to distort reality to get to a conclusion anywhere near saying Erik lied. His post can be summed up, "Anakin's doing okay right now. We're not changing him at the moment, but we're still looking at him and might change him when his zeta comes."

They're doing EXACTLY what they said they would. It was about as open and honest as you can ask. You jumped the gun based on your own poor judgment and nothing else, and now you're trying to blame someone else for your mistake.

I don't have Malak. I'm working on it, just like most folks. But this is not a poor oppressed free to play versus big dumb whales sitch. This game is as fair as you can ask to the free players. Seriously, find me a free mobile game-any free mobile game- that does better. There is no transgression here. You're just blaming your own poor performance on others. Just own your actions and do your best.
    Still not a he.
  • Rebel_yell
    928 posts Member
    SmurfLAX28 wrote: »
    Everyone should remember something about a different game with a lot of "vocal" players, Anthem. They started really open and communicating a ton. But the devs admitted somewhere (sorry I don't recall where the quote was from), that they are still human beings, and when they read insults or things become personal, or even just when people basically **** on something they pour their blood sweat and tears into... EVEN if it's justified and valid criticism..... Nobody wants to be abused or told they did a crap job, and they will most likely ignore and not engage with us and take the feedback to heart in any meaningful way. And they certainly won't want to answer or engage if no matter what they say, they face a crap storm. Think about it. How many people are actually motivated by being put down or being told everything you do is ****? Some, but not many. Does that mean they should get a free pass and be told everything is great? No, absolutely not. Do players have a right to be livid and express themselves? Absolutely. But if you really truly want to be heard and hope that your feedback has a positive influence in correcting the issue you are passionate about, OP had the right idea to be polite and factual (to what his interpretation of the facts were to the person stating he was selective with quotes). Trying to be louder and angrier will just make them tune you out. Having said that, it really is a balancing act, because you obviously need to communicate how serious or negative of an issue it is.
    It has absolutely nothing to do with that.... You are some sort of different if you believe that the devs working under CG would make any difference if they had positive reinforcement compared to criticism.... Who cares what they have to think, show up and do your job (which many do fantastically)

But if you work for a company like EA you're not going to last long if you get you're feelings hurt too much to do your job well (communicate with the customers) because they get ridiculously offended by your company's predatory practices

So yeah, who cares about their hurt feelings

Man... I know this sentiment exists in the world, but every time I see it in writing I can't help but feel sorry for the author. Not sure where you get the impression that people are suddenly immune to verbal abuse once they enter an office building or get on the internet, but I really hope you don't treat people with the same disregard in a real life setting.

Just reflect on what you're saying here for a moment; because some amoral corporation has profit motives that were applied in a way that makes you angry, you are justified in retaliating with vitriol against those that are the communication arm of the company...

I honestly think you should step away from the game. If it's making you this angry, this vindictive, on the internet I assume it is having a negative impact on your life. Go find happiness. I truly mean that.
  • Rebel_yell
    928 posts Member
    Anakin and Padme are going to be dope. I don't care that they concealed the changes until Padme was released. It just ain't that cereal.