starting new events at 6pm - wth?

Prev1
macray
31 posts Member
could you please consider introducing different time zones in the game?
I'm located in germany, and it was pleasant to have new events start at 8 or 9 am to have time during the day and in the evening do nothing else than collect the arena / ship fights and collect the rewards.

can we please get back the event start in the morning?

Replies

• LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    so they can have people in the office if things go wrong. its the way it should always have been
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    It's starting globally in their morning so they can deal with any issues right away instead of letting it run through the night. IMO a good move, especially given the state of new releases lately. And splitting the start by timezones would give an advantage to the later ones (up to a day longer to prepare when all is known) and possibly enable some shenanigans with phone setting.
    That said, yeah, it's a bit inconvenient here in central Europe...
  • macray
    31 posts Member
    it has not bothered them for years... why start now?

I can understand it - but why not test it before to make sure it works... ?
  • TheEvo
    13 posts Member
    You don't have to unlock the character on Day 1...
  • sjrl101
    25 posts Member
    man this is star wars.. not mission impossible where the event will auto destroy itself in 30 seconds..geez people complain for anything really
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    macray wrote: »
    I'm located in germany, and it was pleasant to have new events start at 8 or 9 am to have time during the day and in the evening do nothing else than collect the arena / ship fights and collect the rewards.

UK here, and I'd much rather have an event start at 19:00, knowing the support team in the USA is in the office in case there's a problem with the event, rather than getting a new character a whole 8 hours earlier.
  • macray wrote: »

It may not have bothered them, but there have been enough failures to bother us! ( I am UK based, and happy with this change)
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    Does something once.

Complains.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

So, you're complaining about CG finally doing the right thing? Ok......
  • For me it starts at 1 pm
  • Kalano
    415 posts Member
    That’s plain unfair. It starts at 7 pm for me. And I’m in same time zone as op. Why does the event start an hour earlier for him 🤬
  • I think OP made a mistake. If he lives in germany it must start at 7 pm for him
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    i can understand the complaint if the event started, and more importantly ended somewhere in the early AM, but what's wrong with 7pm? O_o
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Danubiss
    423 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    i can understand the complaint if the event started, and more importantly ended somewhere in the early AM, but what's wrong with 7pm? O_o

It starts at 3am Australian time but it doesn’t really make that much difference. I’ll just try it a few hours later when I wake up.
  • Ultra
    11450 posts Moderator

Some things you can’t test for until it goes live

If not now then when?
  • Vanitas
    46 posts Member
    Having the team in the office at that time will lead to better support. I live in The Netherlands and i prefer the 19:00 time. Everyone has a different opinion tho...
  • As everyone said, I’m all for launching events when support is actually available. You still have the same 168 hours available to complete the event that you did before.
  • No need to be such in a hurry anyway. Once the event starts we will realise that it’s too arduous and we will give up after 5 min
  • Correct me if I'm wrong, the hero events used to start at this time during the day like two years ago. Not sure when it changed. This time would be 1pm est for me. Like others have said I'd rather the office workers be working during launch. Due to problems with people getting the correct amount of shards.
  • Slippyfist
    382 posts Member
    Also, as a sidenote they did actually take the time to warn us in the forums that this event would have a difference start time. It's not like they just decided to do it without any notice.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Um... doesn't the event run for a WEEK?!? Does the OP plan on going to bed in the middle of the afternoon today, and sleeping for 170-180 hours? Nice complaint Rip Van Winkle.

CG is doing the smart thing by releasing it when they can monitor/fix things as necessary. We need to pat them on the head, and say "good boy" when they do something right.
  • Maxx121312
    191 posts Member
    Complain complain! Loud noises!!!
  • Slippyfist
    382 posts Member
    Maxx121312 wrote: »
    Complain complain! Loud noises!!!

I know right! I mean I'm all for blasting CG for certain recent developments and all, but this is getting out of hand lol.
  • DadKev
    314 posts Member

Event starts at 10 am here. Used to start at midnight. Maybe you should just move to a new time zone instead of whinning.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Correct me if I'm wrong, the hero events used to start at this time during the day like two years ago. Not sure when it changed. This time would be 1pm est for me. Like others have said I'd rather the office workers be working during launch. Due to problems with people getting the correct amount of shards.

You aren't wrong. First time EP event (July/August 2016 iirc) was 1pm EST which is 1700 UTC.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Ultra
    11450 posts Moderator
    I think this event is rushed and they are expecting a couple of problems, the reason I say this is because just yesterday when posting the calendar Crumb stated,
    Padme Amidala's event, Aggressive Negotiations, will start at 10:00am PT instead of the usual time. Date is to be announced

Only to do a content update shortly and push the event into the game:

1. Either because poor communication and he didn’t know it was going to go live
    2. Copy pasted an old template he had ready for May Calendar and didn’t proof read it
    3. Event is a mess but they made a decision after posting the calendar to launch it the next day
  • SmurfLAX28
    288 posts Member
    Nothing has ever WAI on a new release in months... Better to have them fix the bugs asap