3v3 territory war?

1235Next

Replies

• Arus wrote: »
    I'm a TW Officer. Based on the comments from other TW Officers in this thread, I'm looking forward to 3v3. Seems this idea is overwhelming for most of you, whereas my guild will figure it out and steamroll you. Thanks for giving up, and thanks for the 3 zetas.

No you won't, we will figure it out if we have to, but why CG makes us have to in the first place?
    I don't like this, but it doesn't mean I'm not good at this, just like 3v3 GA, I don't like them, but I won most of them.

Most? Try All ;)
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    I understand the complaints, but I'm super excited for the 3v3 TW. It'll be fun.

Even the fun bonuses that my guild completely botches and leads to a defeat, those are still fun because they're different and we still get 2 zetas at the end of the day. It's refreshing to see what everybody comes up with and 3v3 will be a chance to see that again.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Kokie wrote: »
    It's because internal data shows them the large majority of players prefer 3v3. The handful of vocal voices on the forum hardly are representative of the hundreds of thousands of players.

what internal data tells them that I like or dislike 3v3.. If there is a semi fair matchup in 5v5 and set a defense that means I like 5v5 ???? and if I get a 3v3 matchup that's completey stupid and have no chance of winning and only set one team that tells them I don't like 3v3 ???

No that only tells them I hate the matchmaking...what data could possibly tell them what I like without asking
  • SmurfLAX28
    288 posts Member
    No way am I going to bother leading this... I'm just going to tell everyone to do whatever or they can spend the time enforcing a plan

Which no one will want to do it will be a frustrating mess for everyone involved
  • DarthAndy
    105 posts Member
    Something different, should be fun.

Just stuff a bunch of JKR and Bast teams on D and sprinkle a few DRs behind. Bast will get underestimated and waste some teams, they'll use their jkrs and CLS up on jkr and stall out on the DRs

Obv other teams on D too that you usually use in GA

• 3v3 is a terrible game mode, the game was never designed or balanced around 3v3.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    3v3 is a terrible game mode, the game was never designed or balanced around 3v3.

So we're back to square one on this thread. For every person who hates it, there's one who loves it.

Let's just play it. They said a while ago that TW is going to be more and more experimental. Best-case scenario you end up really liking it, win, and get 3 zetas. Worst-case scenario you still get 2 zetas and that's not bad.
  • IG_88
    19 posts Member
    3v3 changes the dynamic of the game in a horrible way. You take three overpowered toons together for example DR, BSF, Malak, and you make them impossible to beat except with mirror matches. Then the match is already done based on who has faster speed mods. You take out all the strategy, and fun from this game. I’m not a fan of 3v3 in GA, but in TW how do you deal with two walls of DR? The fewer toons/ships you have to play with the less strategy you have, and then its just who is faster.

Just imagine if chess or checkers was played with three pieces. It would ruin the game because it would just depend on who would go first. Instead of making teams smaller try making team fights larger. I can see 6v6 and 7v7 being really fun, because you have way more strategy. It would need to have longer time limits to help with longer battles, but so much more strategy and thinking involved.