starting new events at 6pm - wth?

2Next

Replies

• Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

1. Either because poor communication and he didn’t know it was going to go live

After Darth Revan, I think we’ll be getting last minute notice on official event start dates from now on. With Darth Revan, people threw a major fit over that event starting a couple of days after an unofficial, leaked, target date. It wasn’t even an official start date and the forums and reddit were flooded with tears. So they probably waited until the last possible minute to announce an official start date in case there was any reason for a delay. I think that’s what we can expect from here on out.
  • Padme is live in 10 minutes
  • One possible unintended consequence - my game is super laggy right now, possibly because everyone is logging in to attempt the event? Launching mid-night for the US may have spaced out the access a little bit better...
  • Is it my wifi or the game has some loading issues since padme event started ?
  • Daerovius
    51 posts Member
    Is it my wifi or the game has some loading issues since padme event started ?

It's the game, those "geniuses" moved the event at an hour where everybody log in instead of keeping it at a time when various time zones don't really connect at the same time... Keeping the old strating time would have been better, it helps by splitting the playerbase and cause much less burden on the servers.... But it seems thinking ahead is not CG's speciality
  • ShawDou
    297 posts Member
    Yea setting it for same time as TB phase start was definitely some good planning :lol:
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    ShawDou wrote: »
    Yea setting it for same time as TB phase start was definitely some good planning :lol:

Yup! We're holding back on combats for now.
  • Keydash1
    503 posts Member
    The event starts should definitely NOT change to match timezones (such as everyone starts at Noon in their local time). Then there would be people with the new characters, while others in the same arena shards are waiting up to a day to even see the event.