Tried using this new republic team in arena, verdict here

I got Padme unlocked, 5 stars gear 8 all omega abilities no zetas. I have Yoda g12+5 with both zetas, I have GK g12+5 with no zeta, Anakin g12+5 no zeta, Ahsoka g12+2 zeta.

I got crushed by a Jedi Revan team, I think the squad has potential but it requires way too many zetas for what it is. You have Padme 2 zetas, Anakin, Ahsoka, GK, Yoda 1 zeta each. It's 6 zetas all together and you still can't climb up to beat Malak so it raises the question, is it worth spending 4 more zetas just to be able to beat Jedi Revans in the 20s when I can simply use my own Revan to do that?

I personally think it's a bad investment, idk about you guys.

Replies

• That’s why you have to use separatists to beat it, otherwise everyone would know that it’s no good.
  • Halo
    98 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Yoda loses a lot of viability as he can’t gain TM in the team. Use r2 instead
    Also no zetas on Padme so probably should jump to any conclusions about getting facerolled by Revan
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    This might be a dumb question but if you were to climb up using JKR and then switch to Padme once you get to the DRs in your shard, would that not allow you to be more competitive?
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    Using a team without the key zetas is pretty unfair though. That unique zeta of hers will be pretty important against Revan teams. Not to mention all the others on that team that are just good all around.

Also, I think C3PO will be better than Yoda on that squad.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    R2 / 3PO >>
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    If your facing maxed Revan squads, which is almost always, then a poorly geared leader, missing crucial zeta’s on several toons team will have no chance against that squad.
  • prime311
    52 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    I tried a team with g8 zzpadme zanakin r2z2 zc3po zgmy and was easily destroyed by a middle of the road jkr team. The team has no real method of staying alive. Adding zgk would help a little for defense but my initial experience is that the team and leader abilities don't provide enough defense/healing to make up for the mostly subpar damage. I'm already starting to regret dropping the zetas on padme and anakin.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    I’ve come to a similar conclusion so far...

This is using Padmé (L), Anakin, GK, R2 and 3PO primarily (and only after very early testing)

vs. JKR the Padmé led GR team stinks... I’m still missing quite a few zetas to make them “ideal” and I think maybe with a zeta’d Ashoka in place of 3PO or R2 it might be a different story... like they might have a chance?

It’s tough to try and deal with JKR moving super fast... and then he marks and takes one of your characters out of play. It’s usually a massacre (and not in the good way)

So I used my droids to smash JKR and climbed up into the top ranks..

The Padmé team vs DR teams is a whole different story....

Even with Malak (who apparently they aren’t supposed to be able to beat) they just crush them...

Manually played it’s a gimmie win.... and even on auto I won most of the fights... typically in under a minute

Looks like a promising team and I’m looking forward to experimenting with it more and seeing what they can really do :)
  • prime311
    52 posts Member
    That's encouraging, I didn't try her against any dr/malak teams
  • This thread is meaningless.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Smapty wrote: »

This is using Padmé (L), Anakin, GK, R2 and 3PO primarily (and only after very early testing)

vs. JKR the Padmé led GR team stinks... I’m still missing quite a few zetas to make them “ideal” and I think maybe with a zeta’d Ashoka in place of 3PO or R2 it might be a different story... like they might have a chance?

It’s tough to try and deal with JKR moving super fast... and then he marks and takes one of your characters out of play. It’s usually a massacre (and not in the good way)

Even with Malak (who apparently they aren’t supposed to be able to beat) they just crush them...

Manually played it’s a gimmie win.... and even on auto I won most of the fights... typically in under a minute

Looks like a promising team and I’m looking forward to experimenting with it more and seeing what they can really do :)

Did you have Padme's unique zeta in that JKR match? Because it not only increases the protection up to 40% when Padme is the leader but more importantly the protection up can't be prevented and bypasses the buff immunity from Revan's "Direct Focus". Also a zeta'd Ahsoka and her constant buff dispelling upon being called as assist over and over again should be priceless.
    So I'm thinking about: zzPadme (L), zGK, zAhsoka, JKA, C3PO
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Padme without Zetas is just not good enough.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    You don't have zetas, and your Padme is five stars and gear 8. Guess what, Darth Revan and Jedi Revan would also suck with no zetas at g8. So would literally every character in the game.

You didn't honestly expect to get anywhere with some half-built trash, did you?
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    In a couple of months, if not sooner, she will be forgotten...like Traya.
  • Smapty wrote: »

Yay, more JKR teams in the arena...