ogbbd792f2d8.png

A huge part of my childhood.

Rest in Peace Big Man.

7z9q4s8hzjyq.png

Replies

• Damon_Skye
    82 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Ah man - such sad news to read this morning. Such a nice guy - no one ever had a bad word to say about him.

RIP Peter Mayhew :'(

(ps. Love the Lightsaber walking stick in the photo above! :smile: )
    Post edited by Damon_Skye on
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    He was Chewbacca from all accounts. Wasn't just a role for him. Chewie meant the world to him and portraying him to the best of his abilities knowing how much the fans loved him was his everything.

Chewie...and therefore the man underneath...was my idol as a kid.

Still is I guess.
  • InvMars
    73 posts Member
    r.i.p.
  • Hod
    31 posts Member
    I posted this on a separate discussion but here are my thoughts on an in-game memorial for Peter.
    “To all players of Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes. In preparation of Star Wars day and in light of the sad news today, I have changed my in-game profile picture to Chewbacca in memory of Peter Mayhew. Those who have unlocked Chewie at 7*, it would be great to see more furry faces across the game... Let your guilds know - May the Fourth 2019 is the day of the Wookie!”
  • USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    Very sad day. He actually passed on April 30, but the news waited until today to announce. A few coworkers just saw him at Celebration, too. He WAS Chewbacca.
  • USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    Hod wrote: »
    Those who have unlocked Chewie at 7*, it would be great to see more furry faces across the game... Let your guilds know - May the Fourth 2019 is the day of the Wookie!”

Done. Our guild is switching for the week.
  • JasFonz
    317 posts Member
    @Hod my arena shard has heard your call. We’ll have Chewie from rank 1 to 20 by tonight
    da3bt420j3wb.jpeg
  • Chewies out for Mayhew!rw97q5gugyp4.png
  • dogwelder79
    1465 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Sad news. RIP. I've also put Chewie as profile picture in game.
    :(
  • Hod
    31 posts Member
    @JasFonz that’s great to see. We will get as many people as we can to switch to Chewbacca.
  • Mhmacleod
    194 posts Member
    Done here too, and raised it as a voluntary gesture with my guild!
  • Hod
    31 posts Member
    If we let our guilds know it’d great to see lots of Wookies across the game.