Don't let yourself get ripped off

100k ally points for 20 stun guns is a bad deal. Perhaps if you are in dire need and time is running out it may be an option. I open about half of that, around 50k ally points worth of bronziums and I got over 1500 shard shop currency among other things, like tons of grey, gree and blue gear, some of it I commonly have to farm. I also got 50 shards for my Jawa which brought it alot closer to 7 stars

I know watching those 20 stun guns seems very appealing but mathematically you're throwing away alot of resources. Even for 50k ally points and 10 minutes of my time I got more than 20 stun guns worth of shard shop currency and other things on top, that's half of what I'd have to pay. Now all I gotta do is wait until they show up at the shard shop and pick them up.

Replies

• Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Dude, is there anything that DOES make you happy?
  • Lio wrote: »

posting here prolly
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Lio wrote: »

Making complaints about swgoh.

• Hantal86
    217 posts Member
    I’d like to buy it but don’t have enough ally points
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

To be fair, I agree with the OP on this one.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • SmurfLAX28
    288 posts Member

He’s informing people how bad a deal it is (which it is)... you’re the one whining here
  • 1mpiw9n4q9i6.jpg

That's another 50k ally points opened
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    SmurfLAX28 wrote: »

He’s informing people how bad a deal it is (which it is)... you’re the one whining here

Ok dude.
  • Vendraen
    90 posts Member
    When you get to 250, get a bronzium. I have no idea why people let them stack up.O_o
  • I used to have 10mil once upon a time
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

this
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

That's fair. I'll admit I probably got distracted by the boy-who-cried-wolf actually seeing a wolf this time.
  • Vendraen wrote: »
    When you get to 250, get a bronzium. I have no idea why people let them stack up.O_o

Because there used to be a time that you got alot more than now and older players have alot of them saved up.
  • I bought it. I'll take the gear now and not wait for it to show up in the shop. Thanks.
  • Jakerz71
    18 posts Member
    I spend it on em. I just dont like the time it takes to open em. May not be a good deal but stun guns are my biggest gear block so I grab where ever I can. Besides I'm always over 1k in shard store. I'm done with GW store so I've bank up several days so I always have a slush fund for shard store 8).
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    I also think it’s a horrible deal but if I had hundreds of thousands of ally points I’d probably make the purchase knowing it was a bad deal. I only have 100K so I passed.
  • Like most things in the game it really depends on where you are in the game.

Like any store it is more expensive to buy than farm. But it takes less time and effort and has the rng removed.

Now I bought the 100k pack. And here are my reasons.

1. I had 260k in ally points. So still have plenty to use for shard currency.

2. Between the arena, gw, and cantina stores being nothing but shard shop generators, I get enough shard shop currency to buy stun guns (and other gear I need) without using ally points very often.

So yes, I could get more shard shop currency for ally points for shard currency but then I'd have to use crystals to refresh the store to spend them. It may still be cheaper but has a lot of rng involved on what will show up. So at the point I'm at I'd have to add a few hundred crystals to the cost to refresh the store enough to make use of the extra.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Like most things in the game it really depends on where you are in the game.

Like any store it is more expensive to buy than farm. But it takes less time and effort and has the rng removed.

2. Between the arena, gw, and cantina stores being nothing but shard shop generators, I get enough shard shop currency to buy stun guns (and other gear I need) without using ally points very often.

So yes, I could get more shard shop currency for ally points for shard currency but then I'd have to use crystals to refresh the store to spend them. It may still be cheaper but has a lot of rng involved on what will show up. So at the point I'm at I'd have to add a few hundred crystals to the cost to refresh the store enough to make use of the extra.

That's weird. I have a pretty well built up roster for a f2p (veteran) and I'm constantly out of shard shop currency. Now I still have ~900k saved up but even if I'd convert all that ally points into currency it would be gone pretty soon. Mk3 stun cuffs, Mk5 stun guns, mk6 droid callers, mk4 bacta gel, mk5 droid callers, mk3 carbantis, mk4 chedak comlinks, mk7 merr-sonn generators, mk5 merr-sonn detonators, etc. There's so much stuff to grab that I don't see how anyone can have more shard store currency than he can spend without refreshing the store.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Legend91 wrote: »

That's weird. I have a pretty well built up roster for a f2p (veteran) and I'm constantly out of shard shop currency. Now I still have ~900k saved up but even if I'd convert all that ally points into currency it would be gone pretty soon. Mk3 stun cuffs, Mk5 stun guns, mk6 droid callers, mk4 bacta gel, mk5 droid callers, mk3 carbantis, mk4 chedak comlinks, mk7 merr-sonn generators, mk5 merr-sonn detonators, etc. There's so much stuff to grab that I don't see how anyone can have more shard store currency than he can spend without refreshing the store.

I was there for awhile too. I was buying prestige from arena and ship currency from cantina but then got to the point where i have over 1000 prestige and no where to use it and 35 mil ship currency so all that goes to shard shop now. And of course it ebbs and flows to an extent. But i usually have 800 to 2000 shard currency at any time after buying everything I want.

I don't buy the mod slicing materials anymore so that may make a difference. I made it through my backlog of really good mods and sliced tem to 6 dot. So now that I have to farm mods before slicing them amd only like 1 in 1000 are worth taking to 6 dot, I get plenty of that material from ga. (It helps that I win a lot I guess).

• Mikek
    110 posts Member
    This is only valid if you have all toons from bronziums at 7* and unlocked.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »

Same as Darkhelmet above, it's a good deal for me because my shard shop generators get me more currency than I can spend and I'd have to spend Crystals to refresh the shard shop. Spending AP = Free, Spending crystals to refresh even once = Not Free. I'm taking the free lunch any day every day.

So yes I understand that it's not a good deal depending on your own personal perspectives but making it a blanket statement that it's a ripoff is untrue and there is value for some out there.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    I'd wager it's a ripoff for a decently sized majority of players though.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH