Please Explain the Mechanics - Padme

MntMan
281 posts Member
edited May 2019
I feel like in most events I can look at a characters kit and even though they're kicking my teeth in and it's frustrating to lose obviously I can at least understand why plus sprinkle in some RNG and it makes some sense and I can put together a strategy.

That being said if things are just random and don't seem to follow the game play rules then it's hard to strategize and that's what makes it frustrating. Even ore so than RNG. I mean I like a challenge of figuring out order of kills, setting speed properly on your toons so they go in the order you want (can't always control with TM reduction etc, but gives you a chance) and all these things.

Here's what I'm not understanding and I feel like it's not playing by the rules and feels buggy or random:

- GG does damage based on his health. So I pump his health up with mods etc. Padme is sitting there with no protection and max health on her. I hit her with Skittering or even his regular attack. No damage done. How? Add in the fact his regular attack, Furious Assault, can't be evaded. Explain please.

- B2 says that he has a 40% chance to recover 100% TM when an ally gets attacked. Obviously I haven't been through a billion iterations to get an accurate smaple size, but man oh man it sure doens't feel like 40%.

- I've pumped offense into Asajj and cc and cd. Modded her to the hilt. I get that that when she has protection up she can't be critically hit but on tier 7 come on. Asajj should be crushing her. Instead she blows kisses.

- TM is all wonky. Under a Padme lead allies cannot gain or lose TM. So why do start orders happen randomly so often? Why does someone all of a sudden just go from zero TM to attack before anyone on my team has gone while they're sitting at say 3/4 TM. How does Padme go from being stunned to her turn when no one else has gone. I.e. I apply stun, she is stunned, GK and Fishface both have no TM, and all of a sudden she is not stunned and applies Prot Up before I even get a single attack on her stunned (stunning) behind.

Difficult and challenging is fun and welcome. Random chaos and mechanics that can't be defined are not. I mean RNG doesn't have a chance. CG can you please address these? I'm not saying you have to fix anything. Keep t as is for all I care, but please explain what's happening so we can be creative in solving the challenge.

Thank you
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• MntMan
    281 posts Member
    Ha. OK. So it's just me that doesn't understand the mechanics. Maybe I should amend my subject line to read SWGOH Community Please Explain...... I'm seriously trying to get it. I mean I was able to do t5 and t6 by paying attention to these things. T7 is another story though.
  • I hear your frustrations. And I'll add one more - Kenobi and Anakin have no ability descriptions. We are supposed to remember exactly how there kits work with no in-game help. Nice!
  • MntMan
    281 posts Member
    Wait. I'm trying to figure out if you're being sarcastic. If not then my apologies. I am reading their kits and there are inconsistencies with descriptions and how they act with one another. If you are being sarcastic try using the sarcasm font. Also it's not very constructive or helpful, but hey as long as you're entertained.
  • MntMan wrote: »
    Wait. I'm trying to figure out if you're being sarcastic. If not then my apologies. I am reading their kits and there are inconsistencies with descriptions and how they act with one another. If you are being sarcastic try using the sarcasm font. Also it's not very constructive or helpful, but hey as long as you're entertained.

Not sarcastic, if you are in the event (ie, fighting the battle) they have no ability descriptions. Padme and Fishlee Bindo have ability descriptions, so you can hover and see their kits (it's the only way you can find out what Fishlee does). It's annoying and weird, you have to back out and read Kenobi and Anakin, but not Padme and Fishlee.

So, I don't have an answer for you but you were complaining that no one was listening and I thought I could at least be sympathetic.
  • MntMan
    281 posts Member
    Sorry Johnny. As I mentioned apologies if no sarcasm was meant. It's true that is annoying but after running it countless times I keep backing out and rereading all their descriptions over and over again trying to figure it out. Sympathy is appreciated. :)
  • KyoO1234
    270 posts Member
    MntMan wrote: »
    I feel like in most events I can look at a characters kit and even though they're kicking my teeth in and it's frustrating to lose obviously I can at least understand why plus sprinkle in some RNG and it makes some sense and I can put together a strategy.

That being said if things are just random and don't seem to follow the game play rules then it's hard to strategize and that's what makes it frustrating. Even ore so than RNG. I mean I like a challenge of figuring out order of kills, setting speed properly on your toons so they go in the order you want (can't always control with TM reduction etc, but gives you a chance) and all these things.

Here's what I'm not understanding and I feel like it's not playing by the rules and feels buggy or random:

- GG does damage based on his health. So I pump his health up with mods etc. Padme is sitting there with no protection and max health on her. I hit her with Skittering or even his regular attack. No damage done. How? Add in the fact his regular attack, Furious Assault, can't be evaded. Explain please.

- B2 says that he has a 40% chance to recover 100% TM when an ally gets attacked. Obviously I haven't been through a billion iterations to get an accurate smaple size, but man oh man it sure doens't feel like 40%.

- I've pumped offense into Asajj and cc and cd. Modded her to the hilt. I get that that when she has protection up she can't be critically hit but on tier 7 come on. Asajj should be crushing her. Instead she blows kisses.

- TM is all wonky. Under a Padme lead allies cannot gain or lose TM. So why do start orders happen randomly so often? Why does someone all of a sudden just go from zero TM to attack before anyone on my team has gone while they're sitting at say 3/4 TM. How does Padme go from being stunned to her turn when no one else has gone. I.e. I apply stun, she is stunned, GK and Fishface both have no TM, and all of a sudden she is not stunned and applies Prot Up before I even get a single attack on her stunned (stunning) behind.

Difficult and challenging is fun and welcome. Random chaos and mechanics that can't be defined are not. I mean RNG doesn't have a chance. CG can you please address these? I'm not saying you have to fix anything. Keep t as is for all I care, but please explain what's happening so we can be creative in solving the challenge.

Thank you

Thank you! Glad to hear I’m not the only one confused.
  • The ai mechanics were obviously juiced up. There was a lot of TM gain going on that shouldn't have been. Either that or they were all operating at 500 speed.
  • I am with you!
    Particularly, Padme coming out of stun as nothing happened drives me crazy :(
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    As long as we're asking about mechanics in the event, why did it appear that multiple stacks of Protection Up" seem to function as "Tenacity Up" on t7? Just as an example (and duplicatable everytime) is that when Anakin opens with his AOE - my 123% potency Dooku counters twice and never lands anything on Anakin. Also right after that opening barrage, Dooku can never stick his special on any jedi - it's only after B2 clears the buffs with his AOE that anything sticks. Am I missing something in the abilities
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • CeeBeeZee
    72 posts Member
    Also the new debuff that Mace applies, and he hits like a train!
  • Ozyater
    35 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    As long as we're asking about mechanics in the event, why did it appear that multiple stacks of Protection Up" seem to function as "Tenacity Up" on t7? Just as an example (and duplicatable everytime) is that when Anakin opens with his AOE - my 123% potency Dooku counters twice and never lands anything on Anakin. Also right after that opening barrage, Dooku can never stick his special on any jedi - it's only after B2 clears the buffs with his AOE that anything sticks. Am I missing something in the abilities

Padme lead. If they have protection up they are immune to debuffs.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Ozyater wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Padme lead. If they have protection up they are immune to debuffs.

Thank you. Not sure how I missed that.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    #thousandshoursoftesting
  • MntMan
    281 posts Member
    icanectc wrote: »
    The mechanics are such that any direct dmg to a enemy puts up protection up and so you want aoe damage. Assist dmg such as b1 also causes protection up to occur. If call an assist you get an undispelled protection up. So the key is at for me was to focus on gk and keep spraying aoes then hold gg aoe until they start getting low on health then destroy them using gg aoe. Worked great. A lot of people had success focusing on padme and doing a similar strategy since jolee fishdo can't revive padme. Hope that helps

I don't think you're first line is true. I don't see anywhere that direct damage causes prot up. Indirect damage from a counter sure does and as you noted it can't be dispelled after. I of course believe you completed it in the manner you say and it's an interesting take. I wasn't able to even get close with this method so I'm back to Padme focus.

It's these inconsistent and cheesy mechanics that are the problem here. What's annoying is I have AV set up like a howitzer. Padme is sitting there with no protection and I attack. Meh. Just a slight brush across the brow. No real damage. How???? Count D is sitting here with 232 speed and 132% potency and he gets maybe one shot in an attempt and well after anyone else goes usually and that include people on my own team with slower speeds. How does this happen? How can I layer my attacks in the order I want if they also mess with my speed now? I mean it's bad enough they're super cheesy with their own TM and speed, but please don't mess with mine. It's this garbage that makes it annoying. I like a challenge but let me see the rules and plet's all play by them. You want to give the AI 300 speed each and tons of TM and super high tenacity. OK. That's fine, but label it in their kit somewhere and be consistent how it's applied in the game so I can read it and understand how to work around it.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    The tactical key is that you have to be able to deal with buffs. Whether that means cleansing them or just powering through them is up to your roster.

Don’t sleep on the Geonosian Spy. His special will gib someone with a lot of buffs. On T5 mine one-shotted Amidala with her 5 protection up buffs. His cleanse happens, then the hit happens with damaged increased for each buff cleansed.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    edited May 2019
    MntMan wrote: »

Thank you
    1. Can you make a short video of GG doing no damage or his basic being evaded? I tried this event for 6-7 hours and GG always landed damage. What you might be seeing is that GG does not deal enough damage to overcome the protection up on Padme, so it looks like he did no damage.

General Greivous doesn't hit very hard in the event until you have g12 pieces equipped. You can double his max health with just equipping g12 gear slots

I did it with 0 g12 pieces equipped but he hit very little, and required a lot of RNG, I applied the same mods as others did in some videos I saw and their GG did big damage only because they were able to get close to 60k max health with mods due to g12 pieces

2. This is just a general complaint. Nothing to explain here other than the opponents have high armor. Asajj does hit hard the longer the game goes and more units are knocked out, or revived then knocked her through her unique. She starts the battle hitting like a wet noodle but by the end of the event, for me, she was hitting for 30k+ per crit on basic

3. Its not random. The thing is that they have very very high speeds, so high that they can fill their TM before your toon does -- who already has 50% TM loaded after that specific toon moves.

If you can take a video, it will be clearer to show you what happened if you can take a video of it or play it at 2x speed, it will make more sense. I was shocked at first too, until I paid extra attention to everyone's TM, and they are just super fast
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    NicWester wrote: »
    The tactical key is that you have to be able to deal with buffs. Whether that means cleansing them or just powering through them is up to your roster.

Don’t sleep on the Geonosian Spy. His special will gib someone with a lot of buffs. On T5 mine one-shotted Amidala with her 5 protection up buffs. His cleanse happens, then the hit happens with damaged increased for each buff cleansed.
    5 stacks of protection up are counted as one buff dispel, so Geo Spy only gets 40% bonus damage regardless of how many stacks of protection up are present on target. But yes, he hits extremely hard in the event
  • Mhmacleod
    194 posts Member
    Sure glad it's not just me. I've had it with trying to arrange buff immunity to land on everyone to open the field up for a big critical blow...that does almost nothing.
    Then the window closes and in a blink I've lost half my team. The mechanics are simply impossible.
    I'm half hoping, half expecting an update soon saying that there was a damage calculation bug somewhere that'll fix this event, but till then I've given up on T6 and watching my entire team try to whip spaghetti across Padme's face.