What are the counter to G12 Malak/Darth Revan?

Neo2551
1824 posts Member
CG removed the single viable counter to DR and Malak with JKA. Anyone found a soft counter?

Replies

• SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    CG removed the single viable counter to DR and Malak with JKA. Anyone found a soft counter?

Padmé squad G12+ Fully Zeta'd or wait 3-5 months for the new meta.
  • SmurfLAX28
    288 posts Member
    SemiGod wrote: »

Malak is included in this post... Malaks kit being designed around HP related attacks useless makes Padme a very soft counter. Still very RNG dependant.

At this point, there is no viable counter... Just ways to lessen the RNG like putting KRU on a Revan team

• Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    No counter, if someone find something it will be nerf to the ground. Just bow to the paying god and suffer. That is the game
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    I'm seeing several DR/DBast/Malak/KRU/GMY teams in my shard. I assume it's just for climbing, not defense. I haven't tried attacking one yet so I can't speak to their efficacy.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• SmurfLAX28
    288 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    I'm seeing several DR/DBast/Malak/KRU/GMY teams in my shard. I assume it's just for climbing, not defense. I haven't tried attacking one yet so I can't speak to their efficacy.

People don't care about counters including DR/Malak.... Obviously he's talking about actual counters, not essentially mirror matches
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    SmurfLAX28 wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »

People don't care about counters including DR/Malak.... Obviously he's talking about actual counters, not essentially mirror matches

The takeaway was meant to be that KRU and GMY are effective at preventing all the bad stuff that DR teams do. So presumably you could, for instance, replace GK with KRU on the "standard" JKR team and give that a try. GMY is already there spreading his Tenacity Up, and with KRU rendering Drain Life useless you might stand a chance.

Admittedly, rereading my post, that wasn't clear at all. My bad.

I assume it goes without saying that your KRU would need some absolutely diesel mods for this to work.

Come to think of it, I wonder if anyone has tried a very fast zBastila lead team? That seems like it could work, with the insane tenacity buff preventing CBM/Fear and the monster protection buffer letting you survive Drain Life.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    So essentially if Malak is on D that user is a hard win for the foreseeable future. Thanks CG.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member

Malak is included in this post... Malaks kit being designed around HP related attacks useless makes Padme a very soft counter. Still very RNG dependant.

At this point, there is no viable counter... Just ways to lessen the RNG like putting KRU on a Revan team

Yeah ik. Shes an incredibly soft counter but it's all we got.
  • SmurfLAX28
    288 posts Member

Which is why it's such nonsense that Anakin winning less than 50% of the time on offense is so rediculous to nerf

They needed to "tighten up" his synergy to include only being viable with a character behind the new whale gear for those that missed out on giving them money for Malak.

It's such a joke how they don't even try to make it transparent that only being a hoarder/wallet warrior will give you a chance to compete and any competent strategy goes out the window

• SmurfLAX28 wrote: »

Which is why it's such nonsense that Anakin winning less than 50% of the time on offense is so rediculous to nerf

They needed to "tighten up" his synergy to include only being viable with a character behind the new whale gear for those that missed out on giving them money for Malak.

It's such a joke how they don't even try to make it transparent that only being a hoarder/wallet warrior will give you a chance to compete and any competent strategy goes out the window
    Isn't hoarding and well-planned resource investment a competent strategy though?
  • Someone in my arena shard uses anakin under jkr and Always beat all the malak teams so that still works
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member

Sigurd555 wrote: »
    Someone in my arena shard uses anakin under jkr and Always beat all the malak teams so that still works

G12 Malak?

• prime311
    52 posts Member
    I use anakin with jkr and it isnt a definite win even against 5*malak. Honestly the difference between 5* and 7* malak isn't a problem for jkr/jka. The problem is when the dr team decides to target jka or jolee. Anyone that says they always win against malak with this is full of ****.
  • Rake6
    442 posts Member
    Padme..
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Faster BSF with your DR and Malak
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Jabba wrote: »
    Faster BSF with your DR and Malak

If you have access to DR
    1) you don't need a faster BSF, you can use "workarounds" like GMY, Chirrut,Thrawn, FOO or Jyn
    2) you don't need Malak
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • SmurfLAX28
    288 posts Member

Isn't hoarding and well-planned resource investment a competent strategy though?

And yet only 800 some F2P players acquired Malak... of course it’s a strategy but they don’t give a crap about the select few that got Malak F2P

I just used that to avoid the **** chiming in with “I got him without paying”

• Huatimus
    3669 posts Member

And yet only 800 some F2P players acquired Malak... of course it’s a strategy but they don’t give a crap about the select few that got Malak F2P

I just used that to avoid the **** chiming in with “I got him without paying”

That 800+ only considered pure F2P who have never spent a cent before. There’s a whole bunch of others who have spent before in the past but still got Malak for free via hoarding.
  • Azazel61
    68 posts Member

CLS / Han / C3 / Chewie / Thrawn. Pretty hard counter as long as Cls is faster than DR