7* Padme Without Grievous! Use Geonosians, Asajj and B2!

Arobot19900
1 posts Member
edited October 2020
Let me start by saying I am not the first one to 7* Padme with Poggle Lead, Geonosian Spy, Sun Fac, Asajj Ventress and B2 Super Battle Droid. I first heard about it on Reddit from neo2551
www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/bkcknu/7_padme_with_g9_b2_g11_poggle_g12_3_pieces_zzav/
Our mod ideas were similar, but our technique were a little different. Before I get into that let me state this is very RNG heavy (took me an hour of attempts and neo2551 about 2 hours) and that I had good mods.

The team, abilities and the mods
Poggle Lead- G12 Speed/ HP set with protection triangle and cross (needs to be faster than Geonosian Spy) only leadership and special omegas needed. (could have used less gear probably)
Asajj Ventress- G12 and 3 pieces CC/CD set with CD triangle and offense cross (needs high speed in order to use her 1 special and dispel buffs, secondary focus on offense) rampage zeta mandatory, basic omega required, other omegas are nice to have (plus she is just a good character in many avenues so why not max)
Geonosian Spy- G12 same mod idea as Asajj special and unique omega highly recommended
Sun Fac- G12 and 3 pieces with 4 health and 2 defense, protection arrow, triangle, cross (health may have also worked if 6E mods) focus on tenacity with good speed omegas aren't needed but nice to have
B2 Super Battle Droid- G12 and 2 pieces, with all health mods, protection arrow, triangle and potency cross focus on potency first then health, speed isn't needed. Special required for omega, unique omega is helpful, basic not needed for this event (Could have been less gear, but would have to use neo2551 method probably, see below.)

Method:
So neo2551 did this by using B2's special to remove buffs, hoping that it would not remove Padme's buffs, and then after using Poggles special for offense up, one hitting Padme with Geonosian Spys Special.
What I did was different, potentially less RNG, but my charactors were all G12 and his were not. I would not use B2's special until I killed Padme, instead hoping that General Kenobi targeted either B2 or Sun Fac with his mass assist. Using this method had the advantage of not relying on B2 to remove buffs from everyone but Padme, but required higher gear so I could survive the opening barrage and then 1 shot Padme. The rest of the strategy was the same of killing Anakin and then Fish Jolee.

I will say, there were some attemps I didn't even come close, and some where I got close but couldn't finish. If you try this team and guide, be patient with yourself and the game. You only need to win 1!

Here is the link to my swgoh.com account to prove I didn't use Grievous (I 7* Padme after refresh so it will show later)https://swgoh.gg/p/846966689/characters/
z264crgl01la.png
1c2kio52tmgf.png
kxzdlme00a47.png
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• usArmyJedi
    351 posts Member
    YOURE AN ABSOLUTE GENIUS MAN
  • usArmyJedi
    351 posts Member
    Just pulled it off. You saved me a zeta or 2! My mods are really good. One shorted padme with 112k hit right from the beginning. Only took 15 minutes of playing with RNG. I also took your advice to go with health primaries 6 dots on Sun Fac. But yes!! It works
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    @Arobot19900 Grats!

Thanks for citing me! I was too lazy to write a proper guide. I use AV lead though :)
  • usArmyJedi
    351 posts Member
    Bump! How is nobody seeing this
  • Paulos999
    315 posts Member
    Interesting gonna try this later thanks for sharing.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Isn’t it gratifying using the Spy? I worked on him for ships, then when 3-v-3 Arena started I had a really hard Bastila team to beat, until Spy one-shotted Yoda through all his buffs :)

Geo Spy rules!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • KyoO1234
    270 posts Member
    And who has Poggle the Useless at G12?
  • NoblePyro
    33 posts Member
    KyoO1234 wrote: »

Like x100! Who in their right mind would G12 Geos with all the other worthy characters. Whales/Krakens who already have ALL characters? I think so!
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Poggle is super easy to get to G11 though. And in case you missed it, the person from the Reddit link did it with a G11 Poggle. And a G9 B2 btw. I nearly did it at those level myself this morning.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • NoblePyro wrote: »

Like x100! Who in their right mind would G12 Geos with all the other worthy characters. Whales/Krakens who already have ALL characters? I think so!

Geos were fleet meta for months. Where have you been?
    TwanSolo | Legion | Find me on Discord: WorstIdeaEver#4048
  • I was able to pull this off with Soldier instead of Poggle. Would have saved myself a bunch of headache if I had just geared up Poggle to G11. Nice work!
    TwanSolo | Legion | Find me on Discord: WorstIdeaEver#4048
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    How crucial is G12 B2? @Arobot19900
    I've got G11 Poggle (20k hp, 30k prot, 257 speed) G12+3 Sun Fac (35k hp, 101k prot, 66% tenacity (I could get higher, but would have to sacrifice prot/hp)) G12+3 Spy/Ventress (CC/CD), and G11 B2 (126% potency). Not seeing a ton of difference besides that, and I can't get it.

Tried for about 5 hours today. Killed Padme first, then JKA, then JKA a 2nd time (I can never kill fish fast enough), and by then Mace/GK stun and kill whoever is left (usually Ventress and Spy, occasionally I'll have weak 3rd left). Any help would greatly appreciated.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • GhostTruckin
    4020 posts Member
    G12 on b2 is not required. Mods make a huge difference. And a little luck, but it’s doable, particularly when the ai goes completely silly 😜
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    How crucial is G12 B2? @Arobot19900
    I've got G11 Poggle (20k hp, 30k prot, 257 speed) G12+3 Sun Fac (35k hp, 101k prot, 66% tenacity (I could get higher, but would have to sacrifice prot/hp)) G12+3 Spy/Ventress (CC/CD), and G11 B2 (126% potency). Not seeing a ton of difference besides that, and I can't get it.

Tried for about 5 hours today. Killed Padme first, then JKA, then JKA a 2nd time (I can never kill fish fast enough), and by then Mace/GK stun and kill whoever is left (usually Ventress and Spy, occasionally I'll have weak 3rd left). Any help would greatly appreciated.

I did it with G9 B2 (see link in Message). @CaptainRex
  • VitalSpark
    1 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    I’m currently struggling with the event but have gotten close. I can’t kill the healer in time but kill off padme and anakin with this team.
    G12 gg +5 60k health, unique zeta
    G12 assaj +3, both zetas
    G11 dooku
    G9 B2
    G8 sun fac or g8 magnaguard.
    All good mods except only protection and potency for B2 and sun fac.
    At some points i’ve gotten close to defeating the healer but want to know if anyone has done it with a similar team or weaker?
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    G12 on b2 is not required. Mods make a huge difference. And a little luck, but it’s doable, particularly when the ai goes completely silly 😜

Should I lower potency on B2? So far he's removed Padme's buffs every time.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    NoblePyro wrote: »

The whales have the absurdly expensive GG team maxed out, and they cruise through easily.

Poggle and Geo soldier were ranked in the top 10 characters in the game... 3 years ago. Lots of F2P old timers have them mostly geared. They are also 10 times easier to gear than GG. They are the go to team this time around for poor people like me.
  • GhostTruckin
    4020 posts Member
    CaptainRex wrote: »

Should I lower potency on B2? So far he's removed Padme's buffs every time.

I would aim for survivability on b2, the longer he lasts, the better your odds are.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    My kingdom for a couple more omegas... Oh well. I'll 7* Padme next time. I've slept on Rampage zeta far too long.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • 2zw2ycq9ith4.png
    Took about 20 tries to unlock her with this squad. Put arena mods on the g12 toons CD and cc on av, and nothing special on b2. Poggle should be faster than spy, be selective when you use b2 dispel, and target gk when needed to avoid taunt. Zeta on rampage
  • nivbp7
    17 posts Member
    @Arobot19900
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
    I have finally done it. After using so many comps, G12+ gear, mods, and strategies, hurting my wrist and neck, I can put the game down for a while.
    I finish the T7 in 5 tries today.
  • Took wayyyy too many tries and started to lose hope. Placed Asajj in lead, poggle, spy, sunfac, and B2 and all stars aligned perfectly and I got it. TY for the guide and help, only thing that kept me going knowing that its possible.
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    First, congratulations for 7* Padme without B1 and Droideka! And the Poggle doesn’t worth g12 but it’s still worth it for Padme.
  • Gearing Poggle to G11 is as easy as QGJ to G11 if you don’t mind a bit of extra GP.
  • Would this be possible with nute gunray instead of the B2 battle droid? I'm farming the geonosian soldier so I won't be able to farm them both. I have assaj, Sun Fac, and Poggle. Grievous only at 4*, so I thought I'd farm the geonosian spy and nute. Aiming for 7* Padme
  • Why can’t you get both?
    I started B2 after the event finished and I am at 90/100 —> 10 to go.
    Should still be at least 2 months until she comes back?

B2 is the MVP and will need to be G12 with a minimalist team.
    SunFac is a huge gear sink —> so gear him early, don’t leave it late.
    Soldier is a hindrance to this team (hint - read Padme’s kit)
  • If somenone know this, this would be very helpful for me: Would padme *7 be possible with the mentioned team, but only g12 without g12+? I mean B2 also Gear 12.

At the moment I have Poggle, SunFac, zAsajj, gSpy at g12 and b2 at 11.
    I got Padme to 6* with that Team.

Thank you in advance.
  • Old_Ben12345
    399 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    BabuFrik wrote: »
    If somenone know this, this would be very helpful for me: Would padme *7 be possible with the mentioned team, but only g12 without g12+? I mean B2 also Gear 12.

At the moment I have Poggle, SunFac, zAsajj, gSpy at g12 and b2 at 11.
    I got Padme to 6* with that Team.

Thank you in advance.

You have no leader in that team. Replace Poggle with a g9 or so Nute and you should be totally fine. Have spy one-shot padme and anakin, b2 will do a great job of keeping their buffs/prot. up/courage under control, and extortion will spread like wildfire.
    Just get a leader and you are golden.
    Good luck :)

Edit: I hadn't read the whole thread yet. Poggle does have a leader. I still suggest you just go with Nute, that would be better imo.

If you care, the team I personally used for the event is: g9 zNute(L), g11 dooku, g10 ventress, g11 magnaguard, g9 B2.

DM me if you have further questions/need help with the event.