please put back bio tech mk8 salvage in raid box

Prev1
bio tech mk8 salvage is now a pain in the **** to get, since there are not anymore in raid rewards. I beg you to put him again in raid reward. I could be have a drop rate less than before, but it will help a lot.

Replies

• mikk207
    242 posts Member
    yeah, everyone was raging because of the challenge gear in the raid boxes.

there you have it...and the haat rewards are still garbage
  • Sitting on 1980 of them right now. Wish I could share.
  • Good2Noe
    86 posts Member
    Sitting on 1980 of them right now. Wish I could share.

You must not have many G12. Many of us had thousands. Once you start taking characters to g12 it goes very very quickly
  • I agree with them needing a comeback. I thought I had a massive stockpile, too until just now when I realized I only have 187 left! I've been taking lots of characters to G12 and didn't even notice how quickly they've been going. Pretty sure I remember some months ago I had something like 2000 of them. When the update hit for those pieces becoming raid exclusive I didn't even bat an eyelash. Now though I'm starting to worry...Also, the challenges have needed an update for a long time as it is. If the intention is to make some of the pieces needed by everyone less gear crunchy, then there needs to be new challenges or game aspects to provide more carbantis, stun guns, stun cuffs, golden balls, etc. Especially with the new gear pieces that were released to allegedly alleviate the issue (looking for an update on that CG).
  • They go fast :/ when one part of the community begged the devs not to take them out. And the other side was like we have 1,000s who cares.

Those thousands are dwindling now. These posts will multiply
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Nope. Whale less. 99% of the player base would rather get non-challenge gear from the raid rather than the eyeball pieces most of us have thousands of.

Edit: didn't realize you can't request gold gear. They should update that. Stun guns and carbantis are more needed than most of the gold gear, even at higher gear levels.
    Post edited by WookieWookie on
  • Tactyou
    756 posts Member
    Nope. Request them in the guild and whale less. 99% of the player base would rather get the only remaining challenge gear (carbantis) from the raid rather than the eyeball pieces most of us have thousands of.

So only the whales have gear 12?

• FolsomTony
    374 posts Member
    Nope. Request them in the guild and whale less. 99% of the player base would rather get the only remaining challenge gear (carbantis) from the raid rather than the eyeball pieces most of us have thousands of.

You are aware that neither part of those can be requested? And I can guarantee you I'm no whale, or even a small spender. But my balance has gone from ~2500 to ~1000. They go quickly when you start taking squads to G12.
  • Nope. Request them in the guild and whale less. 99% of the player base would rather get the only remaining challenge gear (carbantis) from the raid rather than the eyeball pieces most of us have thousands of.

This isn't even factual. Carbs aren't even dropped in HAAT, where eyeballs were removed. None of the rancor G8/9 gear drops in the other raids. Yet we're swimming in mk 4 holos, mk3 bactas, and all the other useless gear that drops in both HAAT and HSTR. That's because it is gated by a component of the rancor only gear.

Doesn't even touch on the fact that none of the gold gear is requestable.
  • i played since almost the beginning, few weeks ago i got 1000+ piece of salvage, but DR, malak and other new interesting toons just consumme allmost all my stock.
    And I have a lot of guild mates (younger players than me) who are out of stock since more than 6 months.
  • Good2Noe wrote: »

You must not have many G12. Many of us had thousands. Once you start taking characters to g12 it goes very very quickly

I have 32 g12 characters. I don't waste them on toons that I don't need right now. I don't know how people get the other part of the eyeball without whaling out on that gear. I have 238 of the mk8 implant prototype right now. I could craft 4 eyeballs right now. Won't help me much.
  • Good2Noe wrote: »

I have 32 g12 characters. I don't waste them on toons that I don't need right now. I don't know how people get the other part of the eyeball without whaling out on that gear. I have 238 of the mk8 implant prototype right now. I could craft 4 eyeballs right now. Won't help me much.

Wait till you hit 40+ G12s. With 238 MK8s stockpiled you can't even take Nest alone to G12.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Good2Noe wrote: »

That's not a lot at all.

Do you own Darth Revan? If you did, you would've been short right now

Sometimes people have large stockpiles but not the toons worth putting those gear on yet, and when they do in a couple of months, they tend to realize what everyone else is saying

If you don't own Darth Malak, you'll realize how quick you are going to run out of gold balls trying to meet that 17.5k power requirement and then you need more gold balls just to gear up Malak
  • Fahrius
    620 posts Member
    mikk207 wrote: »

Everyone raged on those that arent that needed, having like 2000 with absolutely nobody needing them... Meanwhile eyeballs... The carbantis 2.0
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • 6Delara6
    59 posts Member
    I'm hardcore f2p and this became an issue for me about 6 months ago. I've been using the shops to replenish but this means i have less shop currency to use on other gear. Even though I know we're all in the same boat there is something about running out of this salvage that sucks.
  • mikk207
    242 posts Member
    Fahrius wrote: »

Everyone raged on those that arent that needed, having like 2000 with absolutely nobody needing them... Meanwhile eyeballs... The carbantis 2.0

I dont recall a lot of people saying to keep the eyeballs in the challenges.
    A lot of people can not evaluate the
    consequences of their claims
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    Fahrius wrote: »

I dont recall a lot of people saying to keep the eyeballs in the challenges.
    A lot of people can not evaluate the
    consequences of their claims

There were plenty of us who had already reached the bottleneck who screamed and screamed to keep it as it was. We were ignored.
  • Ultra wrote: »

That's not a lot at all.

Sometimes people have large stockpiles but not the toons worth putting those gear on yet, and when they do in a couple of months, they tend to realize what everyone else is saying

If you don't own Darth Malak, you'll realize how quick you are going to run out of gold balls trying to meet that 17.5k power requirement and then you need more gold balls just to gear up Malak

Never said it was a lot. I'm saying that the implant prototype are harder to come by than the salvage, see my 1980 for salvage and 238 for the prototype. Anybody who is complaining about not having enough is either a noob or whales on gear. I've never spent a dime on gear, never will. I've spent on characters but I'm satisfied with my rate of leveling. I have 35 toons at gear 11, stun guns, mk 4 bacta gel and eyeballs are all part of the bottleneck in gear for me (and others). If you are not satisfied with your rate of leveling I suggest you consider Carrie's recommendation and reach in them jeans and pull out them greens. Bringing challenge gear back to raid rewards is an awful idea.
    No I don't have Darth Revan. If I did the salvage would not be my problem, the prototype would be.
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

That's not a lot at all.

I'm saying that the implant prototype are harder to come by than the salvage

When you eventually burn through your midgame salvage prototype stockpile their difficulty to acquire becomes at least equal to prototypes. In my experience salvage actually becomes harder than prototype. I always have more prototype than salvage (I currently have 73 prototype and 15 salvage) these days.
  • Tactyou
    756 posts Member

That's not a lot at all.

Never said it was a lot. I'm saying that the implant prototype are harder to come by than the salvage, see my 1980 for salvage and 238 for the prototype. Anybody who is complaining about not having enough is either a noob or whales on gear. I've never spent a dime on gear, never will. I've spent on characters but I'm satisfied with my rate of leveling. I have 35 toons at gear 11, stun guns, mk 4 bacta gel and eyeballs are all part of the bottleneck in gear for me (and others). If you are not satisfied with your rate of leveling I suggest you consider Carrie's recommendation and reach in them jeans and pull out them greens. Bringing challenge gear back to raid rewards is an awful idea.
    No I don't have Darth Revan. If I did the salvage would not be my problem, the prototype would be.

I know a lot of f2p players having the crunch, especially veterans. They have drevan and malak. So they are noobs as well?
  • 6Delara6
    59 posts Member
    Tactyou wrote: »

That's not a lot at all.

I know a lot of f2p players having the crunch, especially veterans. They have drevan and malak. So they are noobs as well?

And for a second I thought as a 100% f2p who competes against players who have spent over 30k on this game that I was a good tactition. Good to learn I'm actually a noob because I'm low on eyeballs from levelling my DR, malak, 7 star padme (will level her in next week, I'm short on guns, carbs and new gear as well which must mean I really suck).
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Kol8Ajawa wrote: »
    Anybody who is complaining about not having enough is either a noob or whales on gear..

Back when this salvage was removed from raids, I was sitting on just over 1500 pieces of the salvage and struggling to find the component pieces. I had maybe 8 or 9 G12 toons at the time, since then I've watched my salvage surplus steadily decline as I began to gear 12 many of my characters. Now I have about 30 G12 and now it's reversed with these pieces. I have a small but increasing supply of components and can't earn the salvage fast enough...I am FAR from being a whale and for your sake hope they fix this before you reach this crunch.

1500 salvage is enough for roughly 25 eyeballs. Considering many toons require 3-6 of these **** things...
    If you're able to reach any decent rank in arena you can easily afford the 375 crystals for 25 components, the salvage goes VERY fast once you start needing tons of eyeballs.

165 x 60 = 9,900 salvage
    Subtract 60 for every full Implant you get as a reward from raids...
    Or if you're nuts it's like what? 2000 crystals for a full piece in the store?

Don't forget the 86 characters that need it as part of the Mk VI Stun Gun.
  • Veskasa1
    48 posts Member
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

That's not a lot at all.

When you eventually burn through your midgame salvage prototype stockpile their difficulty to acquire becomes at least equal to prototypes. In my experience salvage actually becomes harder than prototype. I always have more prototype than salvage (I currently have 73 prototype and 15 salvage) these days.

And how did you acquire the components to get rid of your midgame salvage stockpile?

All I'm saying is: if you bought those (at 375 per 25) it seems to be WAI: easy to buy some, but not easy to buy a lot. If you want a lot just also buy the other gear (and yes, that is expensive or at the cost of something else).

But solution to rebalance (if the devs think that is needed) not to re-add to raids, but to increase the drops in the challenge, it is "challenge gear" after all.
  • mikk207
    242 posts Member
    hard to believe that someone has 60 g12 chars and 5000 salvages.
    I have 74 g12 chars and my stackpile of goldballs was gone long ago, I ran out of them before I had 60 g12 chars.
  • Shaddes wrote: »
    Are you talking about the pieces that come from the challenges? No thanks man.. you get tons and tons of those on a weekly basis for free from the daily challenges. I have over 60 g12 characters and many g11 and I still have over 5000 of the salvage.. huge waste for most of the player base to get these pieces in raids
    Interesting. The only way for that to happen is if you kept buying the full piece for 2000 crystals. But someone who buys all the pieces could also say that there are way too many full G12+ pieces dropped in HSR, since they have no more toons to put them on. Not too relevant of an argument, is it?
    There are several people in my guild who have 70+ G12s, don't mind buying gear, yet still experience that gear crunch.
  • Tactyou
    756 posts Member
    Shaddes wrote: »
    Are you talking about the pieces that come from the challenges? No thanks man.. you get tons and tons of those on a weekly basis for free from the daily challenges. I have over 60 g12 characters and many g11 and I still have over 5000 of the salvage.. huge waste for most of the player base to get these pieces in raids
    Interesting. The only way for that to happen is if you kept buying the full piece for 2000 crystals. But someone who buys all the pieces could also say that there are way too many full G12+ pieces dropped in HSR, since they have no more toons to put them on. Not too relevant of an argument, is it?
    There are several people in my guild who have 70+ G12s, don't mind buying gear, yet still experience that gear crunch.

Obviously he either buys the whole pc or he doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

• jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Veskasa1 wrote: »
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

That's not a lot at all.

And how did you acquire the components to get rid of your midgame salvage stockpile?

All I'm saying is: if you bought those (at 375 per 25) it seems to be WAI: easy to buy some, but not easy to buy a lot. If you want a lot just also buy the other gear (and yes, that is expensive or at the cost of something else).

But solution to rebalance (if the devs think that is needed) not to re-add to raids, but to increase the drops in the challenge, it is "challenge gear" after all.

I acquired mine mostly through the GET shop, shard shop, and farming. I did but a few from shipments for the 375 crystals but not many. There is no need to "whale" on gear to burn down the salvage stockpile.

It absolutely is working as intended. With over 200 full pieces needed it's always been intended to be a bottleneck. The point of the OP is that the bottleneck was made worse by a request from the players. And at some point you will definitely feel it too. It's not an issue for noobs and whales only.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    Shaddes wrote: »

How many did you buy with crystals?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH