Can you explain Padme event erratic behavior

What's the point of not having a pattern that players need to figure out? This Padme event is laughable. Even at gear 12 with zetas and arena mods, there's squad make ups that don't do the job. Does it really come down to the dark side droid squad push? That's what it feels like. Yes, there's mash up squads that can win but it takes hours of attempting, which is NOT what we want.
Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...

Replies

• I did just get her at 7*. Cost me about $350 in gear. Dooku never went a second time when Padme was near death, bug?

I found that keeping fake jolee stunned while taking out JKA after Padme worked better than going straight to fake jolee.
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • Steapa95
    62 posts Member
    Nice job CG!
    You are not able to create an event which is hard enough to force people but not unbeatable. So you put random **** to fights and let people fight as long as they randomly don‘t hit one of
    And of course you keep player away from any kind of combat log at which people could show you how bad you are.
    Awesome job again!
  • Got her for free it's not hard you just need to keep her from taking turns
  • KyoO1234
    270 posts Member
    Got her for free it's not hard you just need to keep her from taking turns

When you write “Got her...” are you referring to beating T5 or T7?

If T7 then please let us know with what team “it is not hard” to get her.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    What's the point of not having a pattern that players need to figure out? This Padme event is laughable. Even at gear 12 with zetas and arena mods, there's squad make ups that don't do the job. Does it really come down to the dark side droid squad push? That's what it feels like. Yes, there's mash up squads that can win but it takes hours of attempting, which is NOT what we want.

G12 with Zetas so I assume ur struggling with zzGG B2 Magna +2?

If not then obviously its gonna be hard
  • I heard people saying that the droids suck at doing the event. You need to stop bonus attacks and to spam buff cleansing.
  • Angelloyd
    365 posts Member
    Lol, why are people complaining? All events we had so far were easier with the best possible characters and bad with the worst ones. Just that on the separatists case most of the characters suck.

Next time some of them will be reworked and it will be easier for the people that struggled
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Angelloyd wrote: »
    Lol, why are people complaining? All events we had so far were easier with the best possible characters and bad with the worst ones. Just that on the separatists case most of the characters suck.

Next time some of them will be reworked and it will be easier for the people that struggled

The problem is that this event was more RNG dependent than perhaps even Chewie. The characters are very random with their abilities, and have so much survivability and damage that if the stars don't align right to get your dispelling, buff immunities and stuns all to work then you are doomed. I don't think this event was really designed to be done without the new droids for 7*. Separtists being such a poor faction in general makes it tough too.

From what I have observed from the discord events group and elsewhere is that a lot of people don't realize that grievous is rather mediocre until he starts getting all that health from the gear 12 pieces and without those and his unique zeta he feels very underpowered. A lot of people don't have the right idea with mods either. Without the new droids then this event is very dependent on mods to make up for it. For me I needed good speed and potency on dookoo and magnaguard to be able to land those stuns and b2 needs to keep the bonus protection off them. There are a lot of pieces in this event that you need to get right along with RNG. Personally, I enjoyed the Malak event a lot as that felt a lot less RNG and strategic. This event was over before it started frequently with characters dying before you get a turn or b2 not triggering, kenobi and padme frequently dodging the dispell, buffing right back up etc.
  • Reptile
    114 posts Member
    I actually enjoyed this event even though it took a couple days to 7 star.

The reason - the battles were fast, you knew fairly quick if you needed to start over or give it a go. There were definitely strategic decisions to make, and many times I knew it was my fault, not RNG that I lost.

This was probably my favorite event to date.
  • After trying all weekend with gear 12 gg, b2, and switching the other 3 spots out with bugs gear 8 to 11, and av gear 11. Just out of frustration, I put in dooku for one of the bugs, so, was gg lead, av, b2, poggle and my level 85 gear 1 dooku that finally let me beat tier 5.

How this worked or is even possible is beyond me. Even with the bestest rng, how does a gear 1 toon make the difference, and the first fight I might add.
    Smh
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Stealth "I just want everyone to know I spent three-fiddy" post?

Anyway I havent done 7* but 5* was pretty easy with my laughable team. Only Asajj was g12 and everyone else was g8. I'm not going to complain about this event. I'll get her 7* next time.