Shard chats are pathetic.

Rake6
442 posts Member
edited March 2019
People, why are you doing this? You get the crystals ok but you are whales anyway. I mean I play the game for the competition. Why are you playing it? To stay in top 50 overnight, to play vs castrated teams so you can climb? Don't fight your shard chat never? This is pathetic. You ain't gaining **** and you loose respect from peeps.

Replies

• Nobody really cares about your peeps respect.

Also, most shard chats aren't castrating their teams. Those of us at the top can beat each other anyway, and most of us have actual lives outside of this game.

You might call it 'competition' to spend the last 15 minutes of payout glued to your phone frantically refreshing so you can lock in at precisely the right second to ensure you get firet. If that's what you want then your shard chat is more than happy to oblige you. Most of us get our enjoyment from the game in other ways.

This is all with the caveat that some shard chats seem like horrendous cliques populated by losers on a power trip.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Oh good. We haven't had a thread complaining about shard chats in...hours. Thank the good Lord someone started one.

:D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Oh good. We haven't had a thread complaining about shard chats in...hours. Thank the good Lord someone started one.

:D

CG released the chalendar on time this month so we missed out on the fun of 15 threads asking when it would be dropped, it's been 3 days since the last GA match making, and it turns out Darth Revan isn't as woefully bad as he seemed. I guess we'll have to make do with shard chat threads until someone has a few bad drops on a node they are farming /sigh

;)
  • Do you really gain respect for being good at a video game? You must hang out in a very different circle of friends than I do. I play for fun, not respect, and if shard chats make the game more fun, then use them. If not, don’t.
  • Rake6
    442 posts Member
    Its funnier to go against all and see if you are strong enough. You guys really don't get my point. Its like having op team that no one can beat never. What's the fun of it?
  • Rake6 wrote: »
    People, why are you doing this? You get the crystals ok but you are whales anyway. I mean I play the game for the competition. Why are you playing it? To stay in top 50 overnight, to play vs castrated teams so you can climb? Don't fight your shard chat never? This is pathetic. You ain't gaining **** and you loose respect from peeps.

What's up with this whining? Did you get **** off because you can't compete with guys at top of your shard or have someone tell you how to play this game? If you want competition, play guys on your own level. Don't go telling others how to play this game. You play how you want, let them play how they do. You sound hilarious as if this game is all you have and you want people to play down to you.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Rake6 wrote: »
    Its funnier to go against all and see if you are strong enough. You guys really don't get my point. Its like having op team that no one can beat never. What's the fun of it?

Everyone at the top can beat each other anyway as defense is handicapped and RNG also plays a major role. The payout system is a frustrating system, and shard chats just make it manageable. I don't like having to lock myself out a few minutes before payout or if I try to snipe someone I need to get it just right so they don't have time to beat me back or they haven't locked themselves out yet. Most other people would probably agree with me, and that is why we have shard chats.
  • Mzee wrote: »

Everyone at the top can beat each other anyway as defense is handicapped and RNG also plays a major role. The payout system is a frustrating system, and shard chats just make it manageable. I don't like having to lock myself out a few minutes before payout or if I try to snipe someone I need to get it just right so they don't have time to beat me back or they haven't locked themselves out yet. Most other people would probably agree with me, and that is why we have shard chats.
    I might not be "most" , but for some of us that is exactly the fun part. With equal teams who can beat each other, the prize of the day goes to the one who is more active and focused on the perfect timing. Keeping in mind a game should be played for fun, if people get so lazy that they just want the best payout for minimum effort, I wonder what they are doing it for at all. Same with people asking for simming nearly every pve content in the game, I don't get it.

• Austin9370 wrote: »

I think you mean more fun opposed to "funnier".

Also, kind of looks double negatives like no one can beat never.

With that said, in a world where there is so much parody, many communicate for quality of life purposes.

I think this post was meant to be a parody of grammar ****.
  • Funny thing, been reading all the salty shard chat is for loser threads for a few months now just for the entertainment value. Couple of weeks ago I was invited to the newly formed fleet chat on my shard. I've been top 10 a long time, often top 3. I've been in fleet since early 2016. It's too much fun to chat with these guys and find out how nice they all are.
    We're not a very competitive shard, only one person shares my payout and only a few payouts across the board are shared. Now I just wish I could find my squad chat. Point is, give it a try.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Nobody really cares about your peeps respect.
    This
  • Beast1985
    64 posts Member

Someone's a salty weakling. Go cry to your mommy POS
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    Mzee wrote: »

I might not be "most" , but for some of us that is exactly the fun part. With equal teams who can beat each other, the prize of the day goes to the one who is more active and focused on the perfect timing. Keeping in mind a game should be played for fun, if people get so lazy that they just want the best payout for minimum effort, I wonder what they are doing it for at all. Same with people asking for simming nearly every pve content in the game, I don't get it.

Normally, I would agree with you, but not so much in this game due to how much RNG plays a role and how poor the AI decisions can be so it feels like everyone loses on defense. The RNG leaves too much variance for the time it takes to finish a battle that it would just be too much "luck." I feel the game is designed so everyone beats each other so easily so it keeps things more competitive and people drop more so have to spend more crystals.