Im not even happy I unlocked padme?

2Next

Replies

• CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    The real problem isn't the lack of zetas imo. The real problem is CG releases every single character needing 1-2 zetas to be viable. I loved the ideas of zetas when they were first introduced. They brought previously lame characters (QGJ, Maul, etc) and helped them be competitive. I prefer zetas to be rare and helpful, versus required for every character. My 2 cents.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Keydash1
    503 posts Member
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    This! I’ve been preaching this forever. In every thread on this subject. I would gladly spend money to gear and farm some of the older decent squads but what’s the point if I can never zeta them to make them viable? All these new squads they are releasing take 4-8 zetas. How am I supposed to zeta these new squads AND go back and zeta some of the older ones that were put in the game before I started playing? I will ALWAYS be behind on zetas compared to older players, which directly impacts GA. Besides that, it disincentives me from spending to gear older squads.
    It's not as hard as it seems to get those older squads up and running for a few reasons.
    - Many of the older squads are now poor. For longtime players, those zetas are now wasted and inflating GP. Examples include zQuigon, zCody, Zavage.
    - The older teams require fewer zetas. To get a decent BH squad, you really only need Bossk lead zeta. For FO, KRU lead is enough (although more help). On RJT, RJT lead and BB8 roll are plenty for HSTR and TW attack. Empire really only needs zPalp.

Even tricking out the new squads, you should have a small number of zetas to spare. Also, if you're adding a meta quality squad to your roster every 2-3 months, you will soon have a roster with plenty of TW/GA worthy squads.
  • obidrew1
    115 posts Member
    Dagonsith wrote: »
    I've been contemplating writing a similar post to the OP. I'm genuinely concerned about the imbalance of ability mats with the increase in toons that need them. While I am unsure of the necessity of increasing zetas on their own. I do think that the purple and gold ability mats availability should be increased.

Keep zetas as a paywall of sorts if necessary but increase the number of and drop rates of the other two. Zetas should be hard to get and we should be trying to figure out which toon should get one. As the power increase can be significant. But there needs to be a little bit more of an ease to get toons just prior to applying zetas.

I agree. The game has seen a shift from 1 to 3 zetas per team requirement to 5-8 zetas per team requirement. I posit that metrics showed an 'unhealthy' amount of stored, or, banked zetas within the player community- which led to an increase in zeta requirement to remove those pools.

Working as intended? Who knows...I'm not confident with the wizards behind the curtain at this point. It just forces players to further scrutinize deployment priority within their roster until such time that zetas may be offered for crystals.
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    The real problem isn't the lack of zetas imo. The real problem is CG releases every single character needing 1-2 zetas to be viable. I loved the ideas of zetas when they were first introduced. They brought previously lame characters (QGJ, Maul, etc) and helped them be competitive. I prefer zetas to be rare and helpful, versus required for every character. My 2 cents.

Agreed. There used to be a difference between a luxury zeta and a mandatory zeta. First Order is a good example. KRUs zeta is mandatory. FOST is nice but not mandatory. Now almost every zeta is mandatory for the new teams to really function. We also used to get characters without a zeta. Now every character has one. The maximum number of zetas on a character used to be 2. Now its 3.
  • shhfiftyfive
    98 posts Member
    edited May 2019

Agreed. There used to be a difference between a luxury zeta and a mandatory zeta. First Order is a good example. KRUs zeta is mandatory. FOST is nice but not mandatory. Now almost every zeta is mandatory for the new teams to really function. We also used to get characters without a zeta. Now every character has one. The maximum number of zetas on a character used to be 2. Now its 3.

FO zetas are not even mandatory. not even KRU. i have been using mine on offense for months, and they absolutely de-pants g12 teams even when my team was gear 9.
    in fact the FO team with weak gear, weak mods, and no zetas.. can hard counter a LOT of teams in TW/GA...
    to contrast this... we have GG team, that mandatory requires g12+++ (health = damage) and many zetas to make the team "work."
    but still, all that and it still flops. still needs a tune-up, because it isn't really designed to hard counter much of anything... it is definitely not worth the investment.
    Even if they require it for Padme, that doesn't change the fact that the team sucks.
  • Docx
    94 posts Member

Preach on, and also anyone suggestion zetas inflate their gp give me a break. What is it 2406 GP per zeta?
  • Esmatt
    11 posts Member
    I find there are to many zetas that don’t seem like a zeta ability. C3pos zeta “wait for me” gives 1 stack of translation to him and r2. And then it gets removed on the enemies first turn anyways. A zeta should be something that makes an impact the whole battle.
  • I agree with OP. And I laugh at the people saying they have 60 zeta mats. You need like 100+ at minimum for a viable arena team and it’s rapidly heading that direction with GA/TW (either needing that many to hold on defense and needing that many for offense team.) New TW will probably have a mission require zzPadme, zKenobi, zAnikan, zAhsoka, and zC3po to complete it. That’s 120 zeta mats. Next raid will probably need 200 zeta mats... per phase.
  • Mirotic
    51 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Here's how I read this post:

"I win at everything always, and I won at this, but I'm upset that winning at this won't make me win even more at other things, which I also already win."

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Counting down until we get a post about more communication, listening more and looking forward to working together for a brighter tomorrow. *Cue birds chirping and light music*
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    Here's how I read this post:

"I win at everything always, and I won at this, but I'm upset that winning at this won't make me win even more at other things, which I also already win."

too funny, disregard the one hater-whale who got offended... XD nailed it bud.

• X3ina
    108 posts Member
    It impacts top arena ftp players aswell, as an example: i unlocked padme, have gk, anakin, c3po, r2 maxed up.
    But i just cant make a profit from having a padme, because her squad reqires like 5 more zetas to function well.
    And yeah, i still dont have some really good but older zetas, like ep, traya, sion, dn
    Even more, for the next dr and malak events i have to prepare 6 more zetas
    I mean really???
  • CaptainRex wrote: »

This i think is a big one. Like a fair number of zetas seem to be worth what used to be 5 omegas but is also important enough to the kit that without it the toon and/or team isn't viable for anything.

This said i don't think crystals is the way to go (in no small part because i think they'd cost so much it wouldn't help even whales unless they went full kracken). What we need is the fleet challenge to reliably always give us 2 zetas (not the current rng where you might get 0 for a full week or more) along with just generally better farming methods. Even something as simple as cutting the cost of zetas in fleet store by 500 would be helpful.
  • LastJedi13
    107 posts Member
    I wish a lack of zetas was my only problem. Lack of stun guns and carbantis make progress soooo sllloooowwww
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member

Exactly. Zetas used to be abilities that boosted that character to a whole new level. Nowerdays a lot of the zetas are pretty much omega abilities such as BSF's unique, both HK's uniques, C§PO's uniques, etc. Yet many of these zetas are required to make/keep your team arena viable.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • I think the solution that would work best would be to add an additional tier to the fleet challenges. You could have it drop how many ever zetas to fill the gap and it would give mid tomlate game players a more content. As for the amount, I think 2-4 zetas would be good but they could tune it how they want.

Also this idea could be expanded to help the gear crunch. Since they added g12 and g12+ they should have the bottleneck at g11 or g12 not g8 or g9. So adding tiers to the challenges and having them drop more carbontis and even some raid gear (cough cough stun guns).

You could even make the new levels hard enough that many players have to spend or wait to beat them. So potentially make money from it.

New harder tiers for mythic events could also be added for more gear/zetas/shards. But they need to make earlier tiers simable if they add this. We already have enough tiers to auto without adding more. But as an endgame player, I love more challenging content with better rewards.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member

I mean it's been 3 since CLS. And it's only 3 for journey type characters, only 4 in game. But completely agree with the luxury vs necessity. Although GK looks like a garbage zeta to me, so there is 1 saved lol.
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member

You know, people conplaining GK without a zeta or 2 despite he's the stinkiest tank in the game.
    Until now.
  • The pace at which new characters are being released is going to kill this game. We are very close to crossing the threshold where no new players will stick around. The zeta / omega crunch, dropping hard nodes back to 5, increasing difficulty to access legendary and journey characters. These are all warning signs that this game is approaching its half life. If you have nothing for new players your game is dead. And nothing released in the past six months is close to approachable to new players.
  • Docx
    94 posts Member
    The pace at which new characters are being released is going to kill this game. We are very close to crossing the threshold where no new players will stick around. The zeta / omega crunch, dropping hard nodes back to 5, increasing difficulty to access legendary and journey characters. These are all warning signs that this game is approaching its half life. If you have nothing for new players your game is dead. And nothing released in the past six months is close to approachable to new players.

For their five year plan new players MUST be the priority to keep around, older players can not maintain both a zeta and mod advantages that are impossible to overcome. Yes they should have some type of advantage but WoW has stuck around for ages because with each new expansion, it was a clean slate.
  • The pace at which new characters are being released is going to kill this game. We are very close to crossing the threshold where no new players will stick around. The zeta / omega crunch, dropping hard nodes back to 5, increasing difficulty to access legendary and journey characters. These are all warning signs that this game is approaching its half life. If you have nothing for new players your game is dead. And nothing released in the past six months is close to approachable to new players.

I agree with you for the most part. Though I think jedi knight revan is obtainable fairly easily for newer players. I have an alt acount about 2 months in and I'll be ready for revan next time easily. I aleady have bastilla and zalbar at 6 star, jolee almost to 5 stars, and t3 around 5 stars. It'll take time but definitely worth it as the team to do after Phoenix.

With revan I'll have a great tb/tw/ga team. A decent (though not meta anymore) arena team, and a team that can do 5-10 mil in hstr and good dmg in other raids (haven't tried a revan solo in pit or haat. We sim pit and I solo haat with jtr on my main).

That is a bit of catch up sinve it lets you do well in most areas of the game.

But with that being said, I agree with you that something should be done to make older characters faster to farm. I think the answer that would work best is to bring older hard node only farms to easier farming locations after they haven't been meta for awhile. This would include legendary req after the 4th or 5th run. Fir example, the vets should be in an easier location by now. Letting newer players work on jtr while also doing the cantina farms for revan wouldn't break the game.

And for clarity they could use the existing stores. Just add an older character every so often. Most older players will already have them so will still get shard currency or occasionally be able to catch up on a character they missed but aren't willing to skip a farm of a newer chatacter to get.

They could also eventually reduce the price of really old characters in the store to 200 rather than 400. It would speed up the catchup for new players and even encourage older players to farm some of these instead of shard currency if they previously skipped them (for future cheaper shard currency)

Finally, the older characters after a time should be added to bronizums after a time. With a chance for several shards or a full unlock. Then bronziums may be somewhat useful again. Maybe have one for 1000 ally points that has some better character shards.

Just a few ideas on how to fix this issue
  • The game was fun when u could unlock a toon and use them.

Unlocked Padmé cool.

Need too spend $100 to get gear for her now to make her useful. Not gonna happen so she's a waste.

Need like 8 zetas for that team also not gonna happen.

Definitely one of the most depressing unlocks since 2015
  • Keydash1
    503 posts Member
    Despite the fact that people are short on zetas and looking to save, it seems they aren't even trying to save.

Sure the new GR team both Padme zetas and Ahsoka's zeta. But the last two are luxuries. GK was a great tank before his zeta, he doesn't suddenly need the zeta to be viable. And JKA's zeta seems to be mostly useful for quickly cleansing DRevan's deathmark, without being especially good after that. So perhaps you need 5 zetas to compete with DRevan/Malak, but 3 will make a top 5 team.

There are lots of recent characters which are just as viable with zetas left off. Canderous, HK unique, Chewie unique, C3PO unique, Juhani, Bastila.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    The pace at which new characters are being released is going to kill this game. We are very close to crossing the threshold where no new players will stick around. The zeta / omega crunch, dropping hard nodes back to 5, increasing difficulty to access legendary and journey characters. These are all warning signs that this game is approaching its half life. If you have nothing for new players your game is dead. And nothing released in the past six months is close to approachable to new players.

I began in Summer, 2016, back when Wedge, Biggs, and Lando was the most hated meta. The game has added a ton since then. For over a year now I would not recommend this game for new players. This game does a poor job in making the game accessible for people starting out. It does not make the grind easier at all for them to help new players catch up. One can argue they have reduced the grind by adding gear to the shard shop or other places, but when this does not keep pace with the rate of new characters being added, and their increasing gear requirements this makes the grind worse and worse, even for long-term players. Not to mention more and more characters you have to farm and gear entire teams just to unlock. Doubling up some of the nodes to put ships with characters is almost laughable at an attempt to ease the grind for new players as it barely makes any dent into the increasing grind. I always see the defense that people don't need to get everything, and have to prioritize, but as others have said, the zetas are becoming increasingly mandatory for characters and teams to function, and it seems like almost every character gets one, two or even three... Zetas are being treated like Omegas now, and have lost their specialness. Hk has a zeta that just increases the damage on one ability. I mean, really? That should have been an Omega. He also has 2 zetas, when he is just a long term accessible character. I thought 2 zetas was saved for legendary characters, or special ones like Grievous and Vader. Remember when a single zeta on Veers would allow for the entire Trooper team to function? That is what a real zeta does. If we want to continue to be competitive in all game modes and our guilds then we need to stay on top of things, and it is getting increasingly more difficult to do without shelling out more and more money.

The power creep is also out of control, and has been since Jedi Revan in particular. The character kits are also getting insane now, and it feels like you need a phD in math just to be able to understand them. I hope this game is not on its way out, but I fear it is. I have been saying that for over a year though, since around the time Nightsisters were added I think and they have proven me wrong on that front. I have seen a few people quit a long time ago because they didn't like how this game was increasing their control over players and what characters or teams they had to work on. It has only continued to get worse.