I am so confused with the Anakin "nerf" and his GR synergy.

Crazylazyguy
1786 posts Member
So last week we had a "touch-up" on Anakin's kit, he'll only gain 100% more damage if the entire team is GR. Okay that makes sense with Padme coming in the game, right? If people want to have JKA at his best, they should use a GR team. This seems logical. But it's not the case.

It's a simple math. under a JKR team, you get +5% offense for each Jedi and each OR character.
There is one main team that works against DR + Malak(with some slight variations, either use R2 or Jolee, both will result in the same bonuses).

The team - JKR, JKA, Hermit Yoda, Kenobi, Jolee.
Let's do the math - JKR(OR + Jedi = 10% bonus dmg), JKA(Jedi = 5% bonus dmg), Kenobi(Jedi = 5% bonus dmg), HY(Jedi = 5% bonus dmg), Jolee(OR + Jedi = 10% dmg).

Total bonus damage from Revan's lead 25%.
Bonus from HY = 50% for JKA(because he is Jedi).
Total damage for JKA 75%.

This is a constant 75% damage. It's not for 1 bonus turn, it's not when your ally's get below certain amount of health, it's all the time. And that's not all, under JKR even if you get below 1% hp, you still have 1 more "life" left, so Anakin would be getting bonus turns more frequently, and you wouldn't have to worry that your characters will die. Under Padme, if one of your characters gets below 50% hp, it's pretty much over for that character. And getting 100% bonus damage for 1 turn(when you also have Sith Trooper applying offense down every time) makes it even more useless.

You obviously can't use Hermit in that case, because the entire synergy would be lost, Kenobi won't taunt and Anakin won't have the bonus damage.

I know the game changers have shown some clips of them defeating Malak teams, but I can bet those were like 1 out of every 20 tries. And I'm saying that because I've been experimenting since the first day Padme was out. I already had the Kenobi and Ahsoka zetas, I had Padme at 7* g12, maxed out right away and gave Anakin a zeta, a day later, as I lacked omegas, and nothing changed. They simply can't deal enough damage to kill any Malak teams. Rarely you get the chance to get down to 3v1 or 4v1 vs Malak only, and it's pure RNG who he targets, if it's Anakin, it's game over. And then in even rarer situations you get to win.

So I politely ask the "design team" to do the same thing, they were doing when they said they were watching fights with JKR+JKA. Check the statistics and see what % of maxed out Padme teams beat 5/6* Malaks, and then 7* Malaks. And also check how frequently they do so. As of now JKR + Anakin is still the better solution, which I am sure was not what was intended.

P.S. before anyone jumps out with the "Poor whale, new toy can't beat blablabla", I haven't spent a dime on the game and I can still deal with Malak teams using JKR(not as easy as pre-Anakin nerf, but it's still reliable), it's just that JKR is such a boring team, it's been around for so long and I am fairly certain Padme was supposed to be another team that deals with Malak at least in 50-70% of the time, so it can freshen-up the arena.

Replies

• Options
    According to game changers, they have been beating Malak with Padmé (L), Ahsoka, gen Kenobi, Anakin, and GMY roughly 60% of the time. Ahnald and MobileGamer have videos of that on YouTube, as I’m sure more people have as well. I’m pretty sure it’s mod dependent too
  • Mrtops
    80 posts Member
    Options
    Or if you have laughable luck and want a good laugh 1096% but yes it is roughly 60%
  • Crazylazyguy
    1786 posts Member
    Options
    I wouldn't have been calling them out if I hadn't checked for myself you know. It is not about the mods, I'd even argue my team is better modded then the one used in Ahnald's video, as he did show the mods prior to the battle. It simply doesn't work. Hell even MG failed the first, what? 3,4,5 battles in his video? I'd gladly hear you out if you played the same amount of battles with the team as I have. Until then, you're using videos that have taken pretty much the best moments against no more than 2 different teams and used them as a footage and proof that the team is super good. And it's not the case. The team is below mediocre.
  • JasFonz
    317 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    zxbcvah4j7tj.jpeg
    This is vs a padme zeta lead. Maxed g12 padme and zarris instead of Ashoka. I won’t cry victory yet. Let’s wait and see what happens when the guy put Ashoka instead of Zarris. It’s not as bad as the game changers made it out to be but then again I have trouble taking people seriously who make promises of deleting their channel should CG not cave in and don’t put their money where their mouth is.

That’s a 6* malak and traya worked wonders. Isolate GK and take your pick. They weren’t even getting crit immunity when GK was isolated. Don’t know if that’s WAI but hey, I’ll take the win.
  • Lonach
    87 posts Member
    Options
    I have Padme gear XII and double zeta with Anakin, GK, Ashoka and GMY all with zeta.

The thing is : if my GMY is one speed faster than Drevan (+Malak) I won 90% of time. If Drevan is one speed faster, i loose 90% time. I made 20 fights today to test and maybe its not enough... but one thing is certain : she doesn't hold in defense. Maybe if there is a fifth character in three weeks she will shine but as it is, JKR is better on offense (at least with my mods).

But it's really stupid to see top 50 in arena : 47 Drevan, 2 JKR and my one and lonely Padme.

Will i revert to JKR, no. Will i get to top 5 with her, no. Do i have fun, oh yeah :-)
  • Options
    So we are back to speed meta, which everyone hated. Add in the fact that hilariously bad empire teams can beat her, it isn't looking to hot for all those crystals I dropped on her. This is why you wait until the 2nd time around people. Should have just skipped this one.

I'm hoping there is at least a HSTR use like 3p0 but I dont know.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    I predict that more reworks or Galactic Republic characters will join her team, maybe just 1 and will make a big difference in her viability. Still though, I hope Padme provides a decent counter for me to use against Malak in Grand Arena or Territory Wars. Want to continue to use my Malak in arena for a long time since that team was such an investment.
  • StarSon
    7437 posts Member
    Options
    Why does the team have to be arena meta? It beats just about everything on offense. Does it really need to do more than that, 3 weeks after they rounded out the current meta team?
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    Canadafett wrote: »
    So we are back to speed meta, which everyone hated. Add in the fact that hilariously bad empire teams can beat her, it isn't looking to hot for all those crystals I dropped on her. This is why you wait until the 2nd time around people. Should have just skipped this one.

I'm glad I didn't wait for the 2nd time on DR and Malak....
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

You would have had they not nerfed palpatine and JKA.

• JasFonz
    317 posts Member
    Options
    Well EP is back rockin Padme
    https://youtu.be/9ccN6LDuxtk
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

You would have had they not nerfed palpatine and JKA.

But they did.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options

I'm hoping there is at least a HSTR use like 3p0 but I dont know.
    When you get to the top, and the game is squeezed to its breaking point, most matchups come down to one and only one detail that is the most important, and that becomes the focal point of the meta, and people hate that the meta revolves around that one thing. Whether that one thing is speed as with Padme, Kevan, and Devan, or RNG as with dodge meta, Zaul meta, Poe coin flip meta, and Nightmare mirrors. And the meta goes in phases in that regard.

"Everyone" hates the speed metas, but everyone also hates every other mirror-heavy meta, whether it's titans, nightmare, or KotOR.
    Still not a he.