your beta testers cannot be your GCs

Prev13
BingBang20
42 posts Member
edited May 2019
You understand that they are perversely incentivized? They can test and say “yep, all good” knowing that they found a counter, then they can get tons of YouTube channel traffic by releasing a counter comp they discovered in beta...
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Maybe that's why Ahnald was giggling while Padmé took apart DR teams.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

It’s sickening!
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Beta testers for games are just load testers. Companies rarely listen to them, they just want to know if it loads, runs, no lost or corrupted data, graphical errors. Mechanics etc are set, be they good or bad. After they release they put their fingers in their ears and wait. Hence the perpensity to launch changes/updates on Fridays. Which outside of gaming is a HUGE NO NO. But it's just a game, so it doesn't matter right?
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    I don't really know if Ahnald was a tester or he knowingly didn't share this information, or he did and CG ignored him

He does say at the start of the video "I spent the entire weekend trying to find counters to this Padme Amidala team"

Regardless, the problem with the players testing stands, this was an issue a few years ago, where the testers found a bug in zeta mat challenges (You could Sim weekly challenges 3 times instead of two), and shared it amongst their own guild and kept it tight lipped
  • Ultra wrote: »
    I don't really know if Ahnald was a tester or he knowingly didn't share this information, or he did and CG ignored him

He does say at the start of the video "I spent the entire weekend trying to find counters to this Padme Amidala team"

Regardless, the problem with the players testing stands, this was an issue a few years ago, where the testers found a bug in zeta mat challenges (You could Sim weekly challenges 3 times instead of two), and shared it amongst their own guild and kept it tight lipped

Ahh the good old days, nepotism at it's finest lol
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Beta testers for games are just load testers. Companies rarely listen to them, they just want to know if it loads, runs, no lost or corrupted data, graphical errors. Mechanics etc are set, be they good or bad. After they release they put their fingers in their ears and wait. Hence the perpensity to launch changes/updates on Fridays. Which outside of gaming is a HUGE NO NO. But it's just a game, so it doesn't matter right?

Only that’s NOT what happened in this case. They listened to the GC’s and let them steer their decisions, then stumbled into the whole gear debacle with her, not to mention they actually launched her during business hours last week. Nothing seems to be working in CG’s favor the last few months.
    First things first, we want to say thank you to the testers who jumped in to help us test Padmé over the last week. The first test was launched rapidly and the testers started looking at it with very little notice from us. Early on in the process, the play testers were focused on identifying bugs, potentially problematic synergy interactions, etc., and it wasn’t until fairly late in the process that we started looking at more subtle things like “Does this gear feel right commensurate with what you know about how Padmé will play and how she’s expected to perform.” We’ve taken a number of lessons away from this first test, including providing more time for the testers to give qualitative feedback early on in the process. Thankfully they brought this to us prior to the character launch, which has allowed us to come up with a solution that will reconcile our intentions without adding risk to today’s update. In the future, we’ll provide them more time, which will in turn allow us to rectify concerns or issues earlier.

To that end, we will not be changing any of Padmé Amidala’s gear as currently published. She’s tuned the way we’d like (using her current gear and stats), and -- given the closed beta -- we don’t want to lose the value of the work that beta group did on her balance. However, we do not want to “punish” players with what results in overly punitive gear requirements for Padmé. Additionally, changing her gear this close to release could introduce new risks into the build and the gear could potentially upset the release or break her balance.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Beta testers for games are just load testers. Companies rarely listen to them, they just want to know if it loads, runs, no lost or corrupted data, graphical errors. Mechanics etc are set, be they good or bad. After they release they put their fingers in their ears and wait. Hence the perpensity to launch changes/updates on Fridays. Which outside of gaming is a HUGE NO NO. But it's just a game, so it doesn't matter right?

Only that’s NOT what happened in this case. They listened to the GC’s and let them steer their decisions, then stumbled into the whole gear debacle with her, not to mention they actually launched her during business hours last week. Nothing seems to be working in CG’s favor the last few months.
    First things first, we want to say thank you to the testers who jumped in to help us test Padmé over the last week. The first test was launched rapidly and the testers started looking at it with very little notice from us. Early on in the process, the play testers were focused on identifying bugs, potentially problematic synergy interactions, etc., and it wasn’t until fairly late in the process that we started looking at more subtle things like “Does this gear feel right commensurate with what you know about how Padmé will play and how she’s expected to perform.” We’ve taken a number of lessons away from this first test, including providing more time for the testers to give qualitative feedback early on in the process. Thankfully they brought this to us prior to the character launch, which has allowed us to come up with a solution that will reconcile our intentions without adding risk to today’s update. In the future, we’ll provide them more time, which will in turn allow us to rectify concerns or issues earlier.

To that end, we will not be changing any of Padmé Amidala’s gear as currently published. She’s tuned the way we’d like (using her current gear and stats), and -- given the closed beta -- we don’t want to lose the value of the work that beta group did on her balance. However, we do not want to “punish” players with what results in overly punitive gear requirements for Padmé. Additionally, changing her gear this close to release could introduce new risks into the build and the gear could potentially upset the release or break her balance.

I was speaking mostly generically, but after reading the second part you shared.. I feel like my time as a beta tester, private tester must have been in some other solar system.

Unreal..
  • Ultra wrote: »

I miss my free 3Rd zeta upon midnight and staying on the challenge screen when it resets... The good ol days
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

It’s sickening!

Wow wow wow, the guy is trying to have a chill, fun environment for his videos. How he reacts to the results of his tests and his personal feelings has nothing to do with you or anyone. You look at the battles and make your own conclusions. I've watched the game changers for a while now and they have mostly been honest about stuff, but mind you, CG doesn't tell them everything, sometimes they are locked out of the test accounts for months but they must keep their channels alive somehow, that's understandable. Most of them had a big following before they became game changers and this is why they were picked for the program, their channels belong to them not CG or EA.

I personally fail to see how game changer comments actually affect how characters perform and interact with each other, this is all on CG, thier job is to give their opinion and feedback about what they have discovered, so stop attacking them.
  • I think we're lucky to have them, we get valuable information easy from YouTube instead of having to dig into discord channels. Game changers can react however they like to their test results, if you don't like it because you spend a ton of cash and your squad gets beaten, that's on the devs not the game changers
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    #1 - they’ve already said they are moving things towards a public test server. #2 - they’ve already said they didn’t give the closed beta testers enough time to test. #3 - you’re just making baseless assumptions about the GCs and not basing your comments on any actual tangible information. If you assume that someone would act in such a shady manner, I think that says more about you than them.
  • #1 - they’ve already said they are moving things towards a public test server. #2 - they’ve already said they didn’t give the closed beta testers enough time to test. #3 - you’re just making baseless assumptions about the GCs and not basing your comments on any actual tangible information. If you assume that someone would act in such a shady manner, I think that says more about you than them.

Oh stop with the redirect attack. We get it that you’re friends with one.

Nothing about his post was baseless at all. And we already have found them acting shady in the past, multiple times.
    SnakesOnAPlane

Or... maybe he's just a giant dork?
  • If you assume that someone would act in such a shady manner, I think that says more about you than them.

Assume something shady should be your natural starting point for anything associated to a mobile game running under the freemium model (especially one from EA). If your not, weeeeellllll.... I got a bridge to sell you!!
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    If you assume that someone would act in such a shady manner, I think that says more about you than them.

I'll agree that nobody can know for certain that anyone deliberately withheld information here, but assuming that people will take advantage and be generally selfish is just not being naïve. People will mostly screw over other people if it benefits them, as much as we all pretend we'd never do such a thing.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    It's a shame that CG has no way to record data on any of the testing. I mean, they know exactly how many players got Malak, and can break them down by how much they have spent over the life of the game. They could track Anakin's win/loss rate in the game against Darth Revan squads on both offense and defense. But I'm certain you're right that they would be completely blind to anything happening on their own servers, and would be wholely dependent on the honor system for all feedback. Good catch.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    the lamechangers aren't beta tester though, so ea/cg agrees with you.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • JasFonz
    317 posts Member
    @leef lamechangers! Now I really like that 👍🏼
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    JasFonz wrote: »
    leef lamechangers! Now I really like that 👍🏼
    i stole that term from @7AnimalMother haha
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    JasFonz wrote: »
    leef lamechangers! Now I really like that 👍🏼
    i stole that term from @7AnimalMother haha

I probably heard it from someone else lol.
  • So CG let the GC QA GG?
  • I'm not sure why anyone would be taking shots at the GCers here. What, exactly, have you seen the GCers do that makes you so salty towards them?
  • I'm not sure why anyone would be taking shots at the GCers here. What, exactly, have you seen the GCers do that makes you so salty towards them?

a) They(most gc) know very less about this game compared to the people who hate em.

b) Despite this lack of knowledge, they have a fully maxed account whereas these people who love the game dont.

Anyway, I think the game is pretty weak, and hating on individuals for their lack of game knowledge is kinda stupid. Plus, the duo of ahnald and mobile are pretty funny when taken with a grain of salt!

a) They(most gc) know very less about this game compared to the people who hate em.

b) Despite this lack of knowledge, they have a fully maxed account whereas these people who love the game dont.

Anyway, I think the game is pretty weak, and hating on individuals for their lack of game knowledge is kinda stupid. Plus, the duo of ahnald and mobile are pretty funny when taken with a grain of salt!

Hate them? I don't think they deserve that strong of emotion. Heck I think they are great. They make arena easier for me because they get so many followers who just blindly copy whatever they do.

wouldn't know I unsubscribe when he said he was going to delete his channel and he didn't follow through
  • Game changers build connections over time... someone else messages them... usually on discord and tells them about a team that is bugged, or counters Malak, creates an endless loop etc..

But game changers never discover those bugs themselves... they make the video that generates 20k views... but they never discover anything themselves... someone else does and then tells a Game changer. Then the Game changer gets all the credit.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    I'm not sure why anyone would be taking shots at the GCers here. What, exactly, have you seen the GCers do that makes you so salty towards them?

I thought it was pretty hilarious that they kept commenting on the protection up as bonus protection, and how jkr should reduce their health. They really don't get how things work sometimes.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Hater are gonna hate. My question is, if you hate them so much, why are you guys giving them so much of your time. I don’t like watching a Fortnite streamer, so I don’t watch it. I don’t go about trash talking and hating on all the fortnite streamers because that would be stupid. Lots of people, myself included, think that the game changers are entertaining, some more than others. Let these people enjoy them without throwing unneeded shade their way. Golden rule peeps.
  • taquillasun
    1158 posts Member
    Does it matter where the GC's get their Bug info from? I for one am tired of having a character released and then having big changes a few weeks later. If more testing helps alleviate that, then I'm for it.