Rey Skywalker

SemiGod
3001 posts Member
So apparently Rey is Luke's daughter? So does that mean we are getting a Rey Skywalker character or are we getting a Jedi Rey with episode IX?

Replies

• No one knows if she’s his daughter
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    No one knows if she’s his daughter

But then why is it called "Rise of Skywalker"?
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    We will find out when the movie comes out.
  • Rey is no one's daughter
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    SemiGod wrote: »

You think that they would give something like that away in the title ? Kylo is a skywalker too. The last jedis title literally meant the opposite of what it sounds of.
    Maybe rise of skywalker means rise of kylo ren to power as we’ve already seen
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Stick wrote: »

You think that they would give something like that away in the title ? Kylo is a skywalker too. The last jedis title literally meant the opposite of what it sounds of.

Oh yeah I forgot leia lol.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Lol, wut
  • Stick wrote: »

Luke was the last jedi. When he disappeared, so did the jedi. Rey may have the books, but doesn't mean she will be a jedi.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Rey should have been Luke's daughter, but I think that went completely out the window with TLJ - because why would Luke not say anything of the sort when he was with Rey?

This trilogy is beyond messed up and nothing can retcon the damage TLJ has done to the franchise. E9 will try, but the damage is done. And in so trying it may completely backfire.

The trilogy already makes no sense, so now they are going to try and cram everything in to E9 to try and make some overall epic trilogy? Its not gonna happen.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member

Luke was the last jedi. When he disappeared, so did the jedi. Rey may have the books, but doesn't mean she will be a jedi.

Snoke referred to Rey as a Jedi and Luke himself said when he is gone he won't be the last Jedi...so?
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member

Oh yeah I forgot leia lol.

Leia won't be much of anything in this movie. They are not going to digitize her character and you can only go so far with unused footage.

Leia's character should have swapped with Luke. Leia could have died and Luke could have lived on to E9. I mean Carrie already passed away before TLJ was finished, so carrying on a major character in the way they did seems like it may have been a bad choice, at least a difficult thing to pull off.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member

Technically Kylo is a SKywalker - he has Skywalker blood, but he's a Solo by name.

Rise of Kylo, lol, indeed. The only way he can rise is if he rejects the darkside and joins the light, taking his place alongside Rey and reviving the Jedi. The only thing that could do that may be the Emperor's ridiculous return to the series, but this is also a complete 180% from where we saw Kylo last, so this all sounds pretty silly to me.
  • Chucko_marek
    3817 posts Member
    Boo wrote: »

Technically Kylo is a SKywalker - he has Skywalker blood, but he's a Solo by name.

Rise of Kylo, lol, indeed. The only way he can rise is if he rejects the darkside and joins the light, taking his place alongside Rey and reviving the Jedi. The only thing that could do that may be the Emperor's ridiculous return to the series, but this is also a complete 180% from where we saw Kylo last, so this all sounds pretty silly to me.

Not exactly a 180. He did fight the guards with Rey. Nobody said that balance in the force included the Jedi.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Skywalker will be what the new force users will be called who use both light and dark side powers.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    Skywalker will be what the new force users will be called who use both light and dark side powers.

So grey jedi?
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member

Not exactly a 180. He did fight the guards with Rey. Nobody said that balance in the force included the Jedi.

No mon, a total 180 if he is good or returned to the light in E9 - we last left him having killed Snoke, embraced the darkside completely and became the new Supreme Leader of the First Order. If he is now suddenly good, then that's what I mean by a 180 turn around.

When he teamed up with Rey in TLJ, he needed her help to defeat the guards (I don't know why - a big issue I have with that scene as he could have used the force and killed them all anyway, but that's another story). He then believed he could turn Rey to his cause, which he failed to do and why they went their separate ways again.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member

No mon, a total 180 if he is good or returned to the light in E9 - we last left him having killed Snoke, embraced the darkside completely and became the new Supreme Leader of the First Order. If he is now suddenly good, then that's what I mean by a 180 turn around.

When he teamed up with Rey in TLJ, he needed her help to defeat the guards (I don't know why - a big issue I have with that scene as he could have used the force and killed them all anyway, but that's another story). He then believed he could turn Rey to his cause, which he failed to do and why they went their separate ways again.

He helped Rey because he had a vision she would be his apprentice.

Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Opening scene will be of luke dying again and his force ghost RISING to jedi force ghost heaven or something....fans will have been trolled... theorizers will be floored lol Hamil wins all troll games

I would say they would get all biblical and on the third day of FO dominance luke will rise again to defeat the FO.... but since Jim Cazivel ain't playing luke this is prob 0% chance of happening thankfully
  • Rey is a clone of Luke, created from his hand. Thus the reason she had such a strong connection to his lightsaber. She's also the Villain, while Kylo is the Hero. She's been acting on nearly pure emotion the entire trilogy, assured of her own purity. He's been trying desperately to turn to the dark side but hasn't been able to because he's so conflicted.

Their coming together and training on the desert planet (She's clearly not scared...but a bit surprised when he pushes his fighter to go faster than agreed to) is likely what brings this realization.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Rey is a kanata it's all in the eyes...
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Rey is a clone of Luke, created from his hand. Thus the reason she had such a strong connection to his lightsaber. She's also the Villain, while Kylo is the Hero. She's been acting on nearly pure emotion the entire trilogy, assured of her own purity. He's been trying desperately to turn to the dark side but hasn't been able to because he's so conflicted.

Their coming together and training on the desert planet (She's clearly not scared...but a bit surprised when he pushes his fighter to go faster than agreed to) is likely what brings this realization.

At the core of what you are saying - I actually like this theory and it certainly makes the whole ST much more interesting.

However this does not fix the issues I and many others have with TLJ, it just makes the trilogy more appealing.
  • Boo wrote: »
    Rey is a clone of Luke, created from his hand. Thus the reason she had such a strong connection to his lightsaber. She's also the Villain, while Kylo is the Hero. She's been acting on nearly pure emotion the entire trilogy, assured of her own purity. He's been trying desperately to turn to the dark side but hasn't been able to because he's so conflicted.

At the core of what you are saying - I actually like this theory and it certainly makes the whole ST much more interesting.

However this does not fix the issues I and many others have with TLJ, it just makes the trilogy more appealing.

That's an unfortunate (Yet entirely predictable) side effect of having different directors shoot individual episodes of a trilogy without a strong storyboard framework already in place. I don't think (My opinion only) TLJ would have seemed as bad if it had seemed to occur more organically. Instead we got story line whiplash coupled with some fairly badly shoehorned social justice themes while disposing of nearly every plot point developed in TFA (Knights of Ren, Rey's Parents, Supreme Leader Joke Snoke etc etc). Too many cooks...er, directors.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever