The truth about the Padmé event

Prev134
KyoO1234
270 posts Member
edited May 2019
Ok, after trying to get a 7* Padmé for 3 long days now (and closely observing the pattern to my best abilities) I have to say that:
I think we will never see a team like that owned by actual players. This Padmé team is so over the top artificially hyped up that it can only be explained by mod and gear levels only the 0.001% might be able to obtain.
Additionally it is extremely RNG dependent.
Why do I come to that conclusion. The mechanics are chaotic at best. One time Padmé (without buff) kicks a solid toon for 45k damage and other times debuffs are not only immediately dispelled, but turn into buffs. Not even mentioning the 100% turn meter gains.

So unless you have paid for the new Droideka you have to participate in the lottery. And that is extremely frustrating. It’s completely RNG dependent. In ways I’ve never seen before in this game. Meaning: it’s not a question of which effects might or might not be triggered by an action. No, your success is dependent on how Padmé slept today and if JKA feels like instakilling your GG by doing 70k damage or just tickle him for 12k.

So people don’t tell me that you got Padmé 7* with this or that team. Because the truth is: it doesn’t matter. Maybe you got lucky. Good for you. But another guy has 500 tries with the same team already and didn’t get lucky.

I guess this is where we bury strategy and say “Hello” to gambling.

Rant over.

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    I want fish-face. Dude has tenacity of about 3000%, one shotted a full health g12+3 Vent and can rez.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Why do I come to that conclusion. The mechanics are chaotic at best. One time Padmé (without buff) kicks a solid toon for 45k damage and other times debuffs are not only immediately dispelled, but turn into buffs. Not even mentioning the 100% turn meter gains.

It helps to know the kits you're dealing with. GK cleanses debuffs and turns them into the opposite buff. Padme and Anakin gain bonus turns, which is an immediate turn....has nothing to do with TM (which is why TM manipulation and speed can't prevent their bonus turns).
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I want fish-face. Dude has tenacity of about 3000%, one shotted a full health g12+3 Vent and can rez.

He's in the game....he's called Jolee, albeit it he has a 3 turn cooldown on his rez unlike Jolee's 5 turn cooldown. Otherwise it's the same kit....and Jolee has +100% tenacity on his unique so the Mon Calamari guy probably has that too.
  • 6Delara6
    59 posts Member
    F2P player here. I got 7 star padme after sacrificing a goat. I could tell y'all you have to get better but instead I agree with OP. RNG went my way.
  • KyoO1234
    270 posts Member
    It helps to know the kits you're dealing with. GK cleanses debuffs and turns them into the opposite buff. Padme and Anakin gain bonus turns, which is an immediate turn....has nothing to do with TM (which is why TM manipulation and speed can't prevent .

Yes and no. I know what GK can do. But how does he turn a debuff into a buff when it’s not even his turn?

I also get the courage stacks. But again that does not explain how a 2 stack JKA can hit well beyond 50k.

And I get that Padmé gives JKA bonus turns, but not the whole team, right.

Unfortunately I don’t know how to record. Otherwise it would be easier to analyze. It just does feel very off and extremely random. But hey, maybe I get lucky and the 534th time is the charm. Or I am just going insane based on Einstein’s definition of insanity: Keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome...
  • GhostTruckin
    4020 posts Member
    Change mods, try,a diffferent squad, there is always an option to tweak things a little. Re-examine turn orders and kill order,
  • I wanted a 7* Padmé... but then I realized that her mechanic was even more annoying than Jedi Knight Revan’s main squad... and I realized I had Malak... and I found out that Empire is a Hard counter.

So I’m good with a 5* unlock. I’ll let my Seps level up naturally and finish off Malak and a few others. No rush.
  • I unlocked padme with: grievous(gear 12, both zetas), magnaguard(gear 8, no zeta, all other abilities maxed), b2(gear 8, zeta'd, unique 1, and basic weren't maxed), asajj(gear 7, abilities at level 3, no mods), and poggle at gear 7 with his abilities at level 3 and no mods. I got padme to 6 stars with this team, it wasn't that hard, took me about 30 minutes to get the right technique but I did get her. the event is very free to play in my opinion, it's just a little tricky. if I can do that, I'm sure others can do the same.
  • I unlocked padme with: grievous(gear 12, both zetas), magnaguard(gear 8, no zeta, all other abilities maxed), b2(gear 8, zeta'd, unique 1, and basic weren't maxed), asajj(gear 7, abilities at level 3, no mods), and poggle at gear 7 with his abilities at level 3 and no mods. I got padme to 6 stars with this team, it wasn't that hard, took me about 30 minutes to get the right technique but I did get her. the event is very free to play in my opinion, it's just a little tricky. if I can do that, I'm sure others can do the same.

The thread is about getting 7* Padme. 6* can be done with a good GG. 7* is much harder.
    But it can be done with really good rng
  • DavieJG
    112 posts Member
    Event can be done with ancient characters everyone has. It is difficult and requires high gear and intelligent modding with a dash of RNG. I'd much rather that than the usual can't even attempt it unless you have the newly released chars (b1,droideka). Count your blessings
  • I only need less than 2hrs to finish T7 with g11 poggle lead (only omega on his lead n unique), sf, spy, asajj n b2... no fancy chars. The bottom line is it is doable u just need to understand the mechanic, many have shared about it.
  • Flugsvamp
    180 posts Member
    Blackula wrote: »
    You need to read about how statistics work

Your point?
  • KyoO1234
    270 posts Member
    evoluza wrote: »
    Don't tell me I am lucky, after 3 tries.
    Get your grievous at a good level and the event becomes easy.

Which characters did you use? Tell me that and I tell you if you were lucky or not.

And my GG is G12 gold modded. Not sure what you mean by “good level”?
  • Loky
    41 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Being modest, took me about 500 tries to beat it with this team, probably more than that, to hit one good round of rng
    GG, AV, Dooku, Magna, B2
    td9ab8s19qvu.jpg
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    I think we will never see a team like that owned by actual players. This Padmé team is so over the top artificially hyped up that it can only be explained by mod and gear levels only the 0.001% might be able to obtain.

Well duh. This is PVE. You may as well be kvetching that players will never get to have the Rancor on their team with his several million HP and Devour.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »

Well duh. This is PVE. You may as well be kvetching that players will never get to have the Rancor on their team with his several million HP and Devour.

I mean, we have DN, who can easily get up over 1M HP, and has Annihilate (Devour).

So, the thing is, all Legendary events are extremely RNG dependent, unless you have the specific team at the specific gear levels (i.e. max) that CG wants you to have. People with g12 Sep Droids were doing it in 3 or 4 tries. They don't want you to get 7* Padme with any other team of Separatists. I hate that they do this, but it's not new.

So I have pamde at 5 star...have come to grips that Im not going to get 7 star unless I burn a lot of gear. I have all of your toons but even some better gear (Assaj g12) im hesitant to plop zetas on B2 and GG if only to get 7 star when I could throw those zetas on Padme and anakin now and have a pretty good team. Is it worth it to burn the zetas for just a 6 star?
  • Loky wrote: »
    Being modest, took me about 500 tries to beat it with this team, probably more than that, to hit one good round of rng
    GG, AV, Dooku, Magna, B2
    td9ab8s19qvu.jpg

I used the exact same team - gear levels and all
  • KyoO1234
    270 posts Member

Don't tell me I am lucky, after 3 tries.
    Get your grievous at a good level and the event becomes easy.

Which characters did you use? Tell me that and I tell you if you were lucky or not.

And my GG is G12 gold modded. Not sure what you mean by “good level”?

Gg, magna, b2, sun fac, asajj
    G12+ 6dot mods on GG is good.
    That's the only thing you need.
    3 aoe's and padme anakin, fish died all together.

Are you sure you’re talking about tier 7?

I just watched another video of someone beating tier 7 with very similar constellation (Poggle instead of SunFac). I try the same and fail 50 times. Never experienced an event that was so random (and I’ve been around a while).

Honestly I feel mit people who tell me it’s easy and they did it with 3 tries are the equivalent of a lottery winner telling you: It was easy. I just bought the winning ticket.
  • KyoO1234 wrote: »

Honestly I feel mit people who tell me it’s easy and they did it with 3 tries are the equivalent of a lottery winner telling you: It was easy. I just bought the winning ticket.

I fully agree! Watched quite a few videos for inspiration... Then noticed that my team was at least as good (gear / mods) as theirs but I never seemed to get the perfect run... Frustrating to say the least!

Played around with various options and eventually found a speed order that worked for me. Meaning, after 10+ hours I finally got lucky!
    (G12 GG, B2, AV + G11 Poggle & G9 Magna)

Have to say that G12+ pieces on GG plus CD triangle would probably help a lot! (sadly, I did not have them)

For Chewie, I was one of the lucky ones. Took me less than 5 tries at T7 and at first thought it was down to my strategy - then counted my lucky stars as others struggled!!!
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member

Actually, it's way more likely those people had the full Sep Droid team at g12+ with 6E mods. In that case, it *was* easy. If you don't have that... no, it is not easy. Even with g12+ and 6E mods on all 5, it is RNG.
  • Iceih_SWG
    301 posts Member
    Ok, after trying to get a 7* Padmé for 3 long days now (and closely observing the pattern to my best abilities) I have to say that:

So unless you have paid for the new Droideka you have to participate in the lottery. And that is extremely frustrating. It’s completely RNG dependent. In ways I’ve never seen before in this game. Meaning: it’s not a question of which effects might or might not be triggered by an action. No, your success is dependent on how Padmé slept today and if JKA feels like instakilling your GG by doing 70k damage or just tickle him for 12k.

So people don’t tell me that you got Padmé 7* with this or that team. Because the truth is: it doesn’t matter. Maybe you got lucky. Good for you. But another guy has 500 tries with the same team already and didn’t get lucky.

I guess this is where we bury strategy and say “Hello” to gambling.

Rant over.

Do you really think this is pure RNG? and that Anakin's rework with superdamage was just bad testing?
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    ocpsz8hlcard.jpg
    That's no luck. They got blasted all over the place.

It is luck. You managed to keep BI on GK which let you focus down Jolee and take a cool screenshot of a big boom.
  • It’s not all RNG luck...
    want Chewbacca? Use Bossk & Jango
    Want C3PO? Use Wicket & logray
    Want Padme? Use Droideka, Grievous, & Asaj

The truth is that unless players have certain (usually p2p toon) comps... & modded well... then it’s going to take a million tries. But it’s not all RNG.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    ocpsz8hlcard.jpg
    That's no luck. They got blasted all over the place.

It is luck. You managed to keep BI on GK which let you focus down Jolee and take a cool screenshot of a big boom.

Not really with 130% potency

Jolee and his 300% tenacity laugh at your 130% potency. And I know that he does, because I was running B2 with 130% potency as well, and it took hours to get a run where BI was on GK at that point in the event.

You don't want it to be luck, because you feel that takes away from your achievement. But it's 100% luck.