My thoughts on the game.

Prev13
G1975
110 posts Member
edited May 2019
Ok guys again I know I've annoyed you with my problems on the game a lot especially since EA doesn't want to hear about it anymore from me. Somebody closed the previous discussion I was having so I can take a hint that your tired of hearing it from. The game is frustrating and aggravating for me but that's life, what can I do? Regardless it's just a game not the end of the world no matter how much I complain. George
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    ok
  • Atzel
    56 posts Member
    sure
  • Csb
  • G1975
    110 posts Member
    I had a previous discussion with other people on my problems with the game and they tried to give me advice on what to do but my situation is the same. This is my one year anniversary of playing SWGOH and it was fun and fascinating in the beginning but now the has me bogged down. I'm currently on level 45 but I'm playing the same rounds over and over again in Light, Dark side and Cantina battles without advancing or going anywhere. People suggested completing the daily Quests but that was sending me back to the easy levels of the game, I completed normal and hard stages but it was to easy and all got was more points and credits. Again the game just has me frustrated and aggravated. George
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    you've been told what to do. do it or don't
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited May 2019
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Dear OP,

I'm sorry i didn't attach a message to the post i closed, but it was pretty clear that the above sentiment was stated several times and you had no interest in listening.

The game takes time and patients.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

I'm sorry i didn't attach a message, but it was pretty clear that the above sentiment was stated several times and you had no interest in listening.

?
  • GhostTruckin
    4020 posts Member

I'm sorry i didn't attach a message, but it was pretty clear that the above sentiment was stated several times and you had no interest in listening.

Not to mention that level 45 after a year? That’s some kind a ultra casual playing there
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member

?

Kyno may have confused you with the OP.

This being said, I have read the previous, now closed, thread by the OP and have some concerns about veracity of statements uttered.

1) Stuck at 45 after a year and playing for a year.

While possible, especially if you take long breaks, the next statement invalidates this...

2) Unlocked Sith Marauder and Jango Fett.

Jango Fett came out in September 2018 as a special Marquee. Could a level 45 (or 43 at that time) obtain him? Possibly.

However, Sith Marauder's Marquee was in February 2017, well before the reported playing time. To unlock him, barring Chromium packs, requires unlocking the last Cantina level which can't happen before level 80.

Something is not adding up...

3) Played the Darth Revan event.

Right here it begins to fall apart. A level 45 who can't seemingly figure out daily quests (by his own admission) manages to play the Darth Revan event. With toons that are locked behind Fleet Battles or higher Cantina battles unless he played each Marquee. Yet he doesn't mention these toons at all. He seems to focus on much older toons like Farmboy Luke and considers him "good?" Yet this is the same gentleman who unlocked Jango and Sith Marauder...

4) Ignores advice given yet keeps asking in the exact same way.

When people suggest ways to improve he continues to say the exact same thing without a further attempt at rephrasing. For examples of this, look no further than the ongoing odds thread. People who disagree with one another rephrase their questions to try and get their point across. There is no effort here to do so. There does not appear to be a language barrier as his syntax appears to be that of a native English speaker (classic noun-verb-predicate structure with appropriate use of adjectives, adverbs and gerunds).

This leads me to conclude that the OP is having a bit of fun at our expense. It could be an elaborate attempt at satire, an ill fated effort at humor, a failed experiment in trolling or perhaps the individual in question simply has no idea how to play the game. I know where my suppositions lie.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    yeah, I assumed he just quoted the wrong guy, and I remember the thread. everyone told him what to do lol. and def didn't add up
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    yeah, I assumed he just quoted the wrong guy, and I remember the thread. everyone told him what to do lol. and def didn't add up

I was quoting your statement due to that being stated a few times in the previous thread. Sorry, I wasn't very clear there. My comment was for the OP, not a reply to you.
  • G1975
    110 posts Member
    Ok it's true I'm not a serious player glued to the game 24/7 but I am trying and I know the previous thread thought I wasn't listening but their are many aspects of the game I don't understand. I also said in the previous thread that I was very grateful for the allies I made and lending me the level 85 players but l still felt I wasn't going anywhere in the game. When I was on level 44 after completing all the normal and hard stages in Light, Dark side and Cantina battles I was still playing the same rounds without advancing and I assumed when I got to level 45 I would move on but that hasn't happened. The only challenges that am really facing is the Rancor pit which is the last battle I have until I hopefully move on and Fleet Commander training Grand Moff Tarkin, but I've been stuck fighting Tarkin and his troops in that for 4 months now because it's too hard for me. I'm sorry I'm not as knowledgeable about this game like you guys but it's just that everytime I go on Light, Dark side and Cantina battles it's just the same thing I've done already with no change. George
  • GhostTruckin
    4020 posts Member
    @G1975 you obviously are not following the advice,. It appears you are looking at the wrong area regarding the daily quests. It sounds like you are looking at the quest area. Which is a different topic.

Also, it does not require 24/7 play to accomplish things in this game.

If you truly want help, then you need to listen, also, be proactive , just a little bit, Make a swgoh.gg profile. As you have been advised. And things will progress.

You are behind the wheel, make your decision and follow thru.
  • G1975
    110 posts Member
    Guys I just want to say again thank you to everyone for your help and advice you've given me because it really means a lot. Regardless of whether I do well or not it's just a game it's not the end of the world when i lose although I act like it is. I also play the Battlefront Companion app because I don't have Xbox and I'm also not good at that game either but it doesn't bother me so much. Their are times I want to give up on SWGOH but no matter what the lure of the game keeps bringing me back. George
  • DarthKoon
    449 posts Member
    Ummm. .. I'll have been going for a year in June and I'm level 82 from playing about half an hour a day.
    Are you joking???
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    @G1975

If you want to advance, then there really is only one way:
    Advance to level 85. You do this by earning experience. Experience is earned when you spend energy doing battles (normal/hard nodes, cantina battles etc.) and also when you complete daily quests. If you have any surplus crystals I'd advice you to spend them on energy refreshes to be able to gain even more exp. (along with gear and other rewards). At your level it will only take a day or two to gain a level, if you complete all the daily quests. As you increase your level more and more game modes will become available to you. At level 50 you will gain access to module battles, which reward modules, with which you can customize your characters. At level 60 you gain access to ships, fleet battles and fleet arena. At level 65 you will gain access to guild events like Territory battles/wars. The list goes on. So, if you want new challenges and a more diverse gameplay simply advance your level.

Regarding doing the same battles over and over again:
    Did you discover how to use sim tickets yet? Once you've completed a hard/normal/cantina battle with 3*, you can sim it. You don't need to fight it manually every time. You only need to battle those manually the first time. To sim galactic war battles you first need to complete GW 50 times, which might seem like a chore, but it is also great practice on how to battle different teams with various synergies and abilities.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited May 2019
    G1975 wrote: »
    Ok it's true I'm not a serious player glued to the game 24/7 but I am trying and I know the previous thread thought I wasn't listening but their are many aspects of the game I don't understand. I also said in the previous thread that I was very grateful for the allies I made and lending me the level

Many people have suggested that you ask for help, on the things you dont understand. Ask questions.

You are blaming the game for things that you have put no effort into getting worked out.
    Your post history:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/profile/discussions/G1975

You don't have to be doing anything 24/7. If you step stuck or having issues with something, ask a specific question. That is how you will be less frustrated, and can make a plan that you can carry out at your own pace to get to the goals you have.

Here is a great section to post questions you may have or things you get stuck on.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/characters-and-strategy
  • Wow, the trolls won. Really disapointed in this decision, not surprised, but disappointed. So much for helping.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    You can lead a horse to water. You can't make it drink.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • G1975
    110 posts Member
    Ok I'll ask what's going to happen when I get to level 46? Even though I'm constantly complaining about being stuck in the same routine I played last night and yeah I didn't do to well but it wasn't that bad because I'll soon be advancing to level 46 and I'm close to defeating the Rancor. I wish I could use the players my allies sent me to win in Fleet Commander training Grand Moff Tarkin because it's so frustrating not being able to win in that. No matter what I'll keep trying because SWGOH isn't as bad as I make it out to be because again it's just me being a sore loser. But honestly growing up the 80's I miss the old arcade games of Pacman, Donkey Kong and Centipede and spending so many quarters on the machine. George
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Advancing levels makes you stronger and lets you beat more stuff though.

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Hrmm..... did it really take you a month and a half to advance from level 43 to level 45?

And yes, some things don't add up: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/197958/swgoh/p1

I regret having even responded here in the first place,

• papy72
    182 posts Member
    I have a question for the community. Because it's been forever since I was there, George is trying to do Fleet Commander training with GMT at lvl 45, but ships doesn't open until lvl 60?

What is the Fleet Commander training? Is that like an early access preview of ships that I don't remember?
  • GhostTruckin
    4020 posts Member
    It’s part of the ships tutorial for new accounts, and it starts before you actually unlock ships, grants capital ship prints and the respective commander, aa mace tarkin
  • G1975
    110 posts Member
    Ok guys I just advanced to level 46 and I did that sim tickets to help me advance. I'm finally on stage 4 on Cantina battles and it's soo great to be doing something different, it's really hard and I lost my first 2 times but it doesn't bother me because again it's good to move on to another level. Unfortunately Light and Dark side battles are still the same as before but I got Cantina battles to keep me occupied. The Rancor pit just cheated me because I was on the verge of finally finishing that but instead of fighting the creature it took me to a different challenge of fighting the Gamorreans!!! George
  • DarthKoon
    449 posts Member
    G1975 wrote: »
    Ok guys I just advanced to level 46 and I did that sim tickets to help me advance. I'm finally on stage 4 on Cantina battles and it's soo great to be doing something different, it's really hard and I lost my first 2 times but it doesn't bother me because again it's good to move on to another level. Unfortunately Light and Dark side battles are still the same as before but I got Cantina battles to keep me occupied. The Rancor pit just cheated me because I was on the verge of finally finishing that but instead of fighting the creature it took me to a different challenge of fighting the Gamorreans!!! George

The rancour is a Raid. Its a little more complex than that.
  • G1975
    110 posts Member
    So far being on level 46 is actually getting better for me on SWGOH, I played last night and it was good. Not to complain so much but I wish Light and Dark side battles would let move on but again I'm glad Cantina battles has let me. Cantina battles are really getting hard but I just enjoy moving on to another stage. I'm so grateful for my allies support and the level 85 players the sent but I'm trying to do some battles without them although it can get hard I feel like I'm learning more. George
  • G1975
    110 posts Member
    I finally finished stage 4 on Cantina battles, again it was really hard but a lot fun. Also again I want to say thank you soo much to my allies for the help they sent me because I don't know if I could have done it without them. The last battle I had was with Rey and her lightsaber and I really enjoyed defeating her since I'm not a fan of the Sequel Trilogy. Unfortunately after finishing stage 4 I have to wait until I'm on level 61 to go any further in Cantina battles so that's disappointing but despite that my gaming experience is getting better. George